Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter I (447-457)
1. What does the discussion of rhetoric between Gorgias and Socrates turn into?
2. The discussion of rhetoric raises matters of moral, philosophical, and what type of concern?
3. Where do the men in "Gorgias" meet to discuss rhetoric?
4. Socrates wants to learn the _____ of rhetoric.
5. What challenge is Gorgias being faced with?
6. What description of rhetoric is Gorgias supposed to provide?
7. What is the key way in which skills are mastered, in Gorgias' opinion?
8. Gorgias believes that without mastering rhetoric, what is the occurrence of rhetoric left to?
9. Gorgias describes good rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
10. Gorgias describes bad rhetoric as delivering...
This section contains 1,953 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)