|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people does Socrates believe rhetoric can influence?
(a) People who care.
(b) People who are desperate.
(c) People with no knowledge.
(d) People with children.
2. How does Gorgias say one should use power?
(a) Power should be used ethically.
(b) Power should be evenly distributed.
(c) Power should benefit the beholder.
(d) Power should be used to conquer others.
3. Chapter I states there cannot be false and true what?
4. Who does Socrates believe power is beneficial to?
(a) The people.
(b) The one with power.
5. What does Socrates believe is worse than being poor or sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Socrates' opinion, why are just actions better than unjust?
2. Socrates regards flattery is the main point used on what area?
3. Socrates uses the comparison: medicine is to gymnastics as justice is to ______.
4. Gorgias believes that without mastering rhetoric, what is the occurrence of rhetoric left to?
5. Who does Socrates see professions influencing?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)