|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates wants to learn the _____ of rhetoric.
2. Socrates believes that what is good while ugly can be delimited by what?
3. What does Socrates believe people who escape justice unaware of?
(a) The possible benefit for their soul.
(b) The pain they have inflicted on others.
(c) The reality of what will happen to them when they die.
(d) The pattern of bad behavior that will arise.
4. What is Socrates' opinion of what causes inconsistency in speech?
(a) A lack of understanding on the subject.
(b) Poor education as a child.
(c) Emotions interfering with judgment.
(d) Heckling by the audience.
5. Socrates regards rhetoric as a skill that elicits what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates not intend to do in his arguments?
2. What does Socrates specify produces gratification and pleasure?
3. What does Gorgias believe rhetoric can be used for?
4. What description of rhetoric is Gorgias supposed to provide?
5. What are Socrates' criteria in analyzing sciences?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)