|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gorgias describes bad rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
2. According to Socrates, what is the key ingredient in determining who a person becomes?
(a) What evil they are exposed to.
(b) How they are raised.
(c) What they know.
(d) How much money they have.
3. Socrates makes the comparison: medicine is to sickness and justice is to _____.
(a) No education.
4. Why does Socrates have a low regard for Sophists?
(a) They have little influence.
(b) They are not concerned with justice.
(c) They actively harm.
(d) They are too afraid of knowledge.
5. Gorgias describes good rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say a rhetorician must have to persuade a physician?
2. Socrates regards flattery is the main point used on what area?
3. Gorgias believes the ability to do what has the most possibility for the greatest good?
4. What does Gorgias distinguish as the difference between acquiring knowledge and acquiring a belief?
5. What does Socrates not intend to do in his arguments?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)