|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates specify makes advantageous actions not beneficial?
(a) When only a few people benefit.
(b) When they are achieved unjustly.
(c) When they are achieved uncreatively.
(d) When they are only short-term.
2. How does Socrates regard just actions?
(a) As philosophical.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As ancient.
(d) As modern.
3. What does Polus believe is the emotional state of unjust people?
(a) They are still happy.
(b) They are in control of their emotions.
(c) They are tormented inside.
(d) They have no feelings.
4. Socrates believes part of learning about justice is acting how?
5. Why does Socrates regard Polus' responses as useless?
(a) Because Polus is uneducated.
(b) Because he uses elevated vocabulary.
(c) Because he cannot comprehend him.
(d) Because they are long speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people does Socrates believe rhetoric can influence?
2. What are Socrates' criteria in analyzing sciences?
3. What does Socrates see justice in opposition to?
4. Why does Socrates regard Gorgias' answers as useful?
5. Socrates wants to learn the _____ of rhetoric.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)