|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gorgias believes that without mastering rhetoric, what is the occurrence of rhetoric left to?
2. What does Socrates claim is the effect on society by categorizing bad and ugly?
(a) It loses its edge.
(b) It becomes afraid.
(c) It becomes confused.
(d) It is improved.
3. Gorgias classifies rhetoric is an art that deals with what?
4. What does Socrates specify produces gratification and pleasure?
5. How does Socrates believe the consequences of an ugly action should be measured by?
(a) The number of other ugly actions occurring.
(b) How wealthy the person is.
(c) The degree of ugliness.
(d) The number of people harmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates believes to learn rhetoric, what must one also learn?
2. Gorgias believes the ability to do what has the most possibility for the greatest good?
3. Why does Socrates regard rhetoric as a dangerous tool?
4. What does Socrates believe people with too much freedom become?
5. Why does Socrates have a low regard for Sophists?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)