|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgias describe gaining knowledge as involving?
(d) Manual action.
2. According to Socrates, what do politics preside over?
3. What does Gorgias specify sciences also involve?
4. What does Socrates specify produces gratification and pleasure?
5. What does Gorgias intend to use rhetoric for?
(a) To speak and comprehend.
(b) To educate.
(c) To manipulate a crowd.
(d) To frighten criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Socrates' opinion, who are the happiest people?
2. What does Socrates regard as better than being cured of sickness?
3. Why does Socrates ask to be corrected and criticized?
4. Chapter I states there cannot be false and true what?
5. What subjects does Socrates specify rhetoricians have the ability to speak about?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)