|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III (470-479).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gorgias believes the ability to do what has the most possibility for the greatest good?
2. What does Socrates regard as better than being cured of sickness?
(b) Super powers.
(c) A good meal.
(d) Never being sick at all.
3. What does the discussion of rhetoric between Gorgias and Socrates turn into?
(b) Comedic exchange.
(c) Nostalgic exchange.
(d) Sentimental rant.
4. What does Gorgias describe gaining knowledge as involving?
(d) Manual action.
5. Where do the men in "Gorgias" meet to discuss rhetoric?
(a) Gorgias' house.
(b) Socrates' office.
(c) A theater.
(d) Callicles' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gorgias classifies rhetoric is an art that deals with what?
2. Chapter I states there cannot be false and true what?
3. Who does Socrates believe power is beneficial to?
4. Why does Socrates regard rhetoric as a dangerous tool?
5. Gorgias believes that the most important things are health, wealth, and what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)