|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II (458-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say defining areas of art is similar to defining?
(a) Body and soul.
(c) Likes and dislikes.
(d) Political parties.
2. Gorgias describes bad rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
3. Who does Socrates see professions influencing?
(a) Those that practice them.
(b) Those that depend on them.
4. Socrates believes part of learning about justice is acting how?
5. Where do the men in "Gorgias" meet to discuss rhetoric?
(a) Gorgias' house.
(b) Socrates' office.
(c) A theater.
(d) Callicles' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgias describe gaining knowledge as involving?
2. Socrates regards rhetoric as a skill that elicits what?
3. What kind of people does Socrates believe rhetoric can influence?
4. Why does Socrates regard Polus' responses as useless?
5. What challenge is Gorgias being faced with?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)