|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II (458-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a result does Socrates believe any action taken must intend to elicit?
(a) A good result.
(b) An insignificant result.
(c) A self-indulgent result.
(d) A short-term benefit.
2. Why does Socrates have a low regard for Sophists?
(a) They are not concerned with justice.
(b) They actively harm.
(c) They are too afraid of knowledge.
(d) They have little influence.
3. What does Socrates say defining areas of art is similar to defining?
(a) Likes and dislikes.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Body and soul.
4. Chapter I states there cannot be false and true what?
5. The discussion of rhetoric raises matters of moral, philosophical, and what type of concern?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates, what is the key ingredient in determining who a person becomes?
2. What does Gorgias intend to use rhetoric for?
3. What does Gorgias claim is the basis for all arts and sciences?
4. Chapter I states there can be false and true what?
5. What are men in power with little common sense not able to judge, in Socrates' opinion?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)