|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I (447-457).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenge is Gorgias being faced with?
(a) Having to convince a great philosopher.
(b) Responding to anything that is asked.
(c) Keeping business and personal matters separate.
(d) Convincing the men to follow a religion.
2. What does the discussion of rhetoric between Gorgias and Socrates turn into?
(a) Comedic exchange.
(b) Sentimental rant.
(c) Nostalgic exchange.
3. Gorgias believes the ability to do what has the most possibility for the greatest good?
4. What does Gorgias intend to use rhetoric for?
(a) To speak and comprehend.
(b) To educate.
(c) To manipulate a crowd.
(d) To frighten criminals.
5. What does Gorgias specify sciences also involve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What description of rhetoric is Gorgias supposed to provide?
2. Why does Socrates regard Gorgias' answers as useful?
3. Chapter I states there cannot be false and true what?
4. Gorgias classifies rhetoric is an art that deals with what?
5. Gorgias believes that the most important things are health, wealth, and what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)