|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I (447-457).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gorgias describes bad rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
2. What does Gorgias describe gaining knowledge as involving?
(c) Manual action.
3. What does rhetoric engage, in Gorgias' opinion?
(a) All social classes.
(b) All sciences.
(c) All political parties.
(d) All cultures.
4. What description of rhetoric is Gorgias supposed to provide?
5. Socrates believes the classification of arts and sciences is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socrates regard Polus' responses as useless?
2. Gorgias describes good rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
3. What is the key way in which skills are mastered, in Gorgias' opinion?
4. What is the benefit of rhetoric in Gorgias' example of medicine?
5. What does Gorgias claim rhetoric is not intended to do?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)