|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I (447-457).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key way in which skills are mastered, in Gorgias' opinion?
(b) Extreme practice.
(c) Gaining experience.
2. Chapter I states there can be false and true what?
3. What are Socrates' criteria in analyzing sciences?
(a) Based on their benefit to humans.
(b) Based on their creative angle.
(c) Based on their organized presentation.
(d) Based on their fidelity to tradition.
4. What does Gorgias intend to use rhetoric for?
(a) To frighten criminals.
(b) To educate.
(c) To manipulate a crowd.
(d) To speak and comprehend.
5. What does the discussion of rhetoric between Gorgias and Socrates turn into?
(b) Comedic exchange.
(c) Nostalgic exchange.
(d) Sentimental rant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gorgias classifies rhetoric is an art that deals with what?
2. Gorgias describes good rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
3. How does rhetoric benefit politicians in Gorgias' musings on politics?
4. Gorgias believes that without mastering rhetoric, what is the occurrence of rhetoric left to?
5. What does Gorgias claim is the basis for all arts and sciences?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)