|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV (480-491).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates believes that what is good while ugly can be delimited by what?
2. What does Socrates say a rhetorician must have to persuade a physician?
(c) Good looks.
3. Socrates makes the comparison: medicine is to sickness and justice is to _____.
(a) No education.
4. According to Callicles, where does happiness come from?
(a) A good job.
(b) A complete family.
(c) Material goods.
5. Socrates believes part of learning about justice is acting how?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say defining areas of art is similar to defining?
2. What does Gorgias claim is the basis for all arts and sciences?
3. What does Socrates believe people who escape justice unaware of?
4. What, according to Socrates, is the only way for remarks like Callicles' to be credible?
5. What are Socrates' criteria in analyzing sciences?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)