|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks premature is Cannie's baby?
2. What has Adrian left for Cannie to use?
3. How does Cannie inform Bruce that she is pregnant?
4. Why didn't Cannie's father tell his family where he was going when he left years ago?
5. What magazine publishes Cannie's article?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
2. What does Cannie wonder about Dr. K after receiving a care package from him?
3. How does Cannie respond to the fact that Bruce has not tried to contact her in Chapter 11?
4. What arrangements does Cannie make at work in preparation for her baby?
5. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
6. What preparations for the baby are being made by Cannie in Chapter 13?
7. What good news does Cannie receive from Maxi Ryder?
8. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
9. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
10. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cannie's family issues are a prominent theme in the novel. Discuss Cannie's family history and what family issues she deals with currently in the narrative.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effect of the point of view on the novel. Discuss how it would have been different if the story was told from another perspective.
Essay Topic 3
Many of Cannie's actions are a reflection of her feelings for Bruce. Discuss the character of Bruce Guberman and how he affects Cannie's life.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)