|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joy at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What does Cannie do everyday after visiting Joy?
3. What class do Cannie and Maxi attend together?
4. Who does Cannie call for advice about Adrian?
5. Who does Cannie find visiting Joy at the hospital in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cannie respond to the fact that Bruce has not tried to contact her in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
3. What preparations for the baby are being made by Cannie in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 19, Cannie writes for the first time since Joy was born - what does she write about?
5. What arrangements does Cannie make at work in preparation for her baby?
6. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
7. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
8. How does Cannie greet the new year at the end of the novel?
9. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
10. What happens in the bathroom between Cannie and Bruce's girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Weiner's use of foreshadowing in "Good in Bed".
Essay Topic 2
What sort of relationship does Cannie have with men, and why? Compare and contrast the male relationships in Cannie's life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the primary characters of the novel "Good in Bed". Discuss the following:
a) How are men portrayed in the novel (i.e. Cannie's father, Bruce, Dr. K, Steve)?
b) How are women portrayed in the novel (i.e. Cannie, Sam, Anne, Tanya)?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)