|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cannie read on the plane?
2. What has Adrian left for Cannie to use?
3. What does Cannie do everyday after visiting Joy?
4. Who decorates Cannie's apartment for her?
5. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
2. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
3. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
4. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
5. What does Cannie wonder about Dr. K after receiving a care package from him?
6. What is the topic of Bruce's April Moxie column?
7. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
9. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
10. What happens in the bathroom between Cannie and Bruce's girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Cannie's actions are a reflection of her feelings for Bruce. Discuss the character of Bruce Guberman and how he affects Cannie's life.
Essay Topic 2
Cannie showcases a great deal of insecurity in many aspects of her life. Discuss in what ways Cannie is insecure and how she became so.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Weiner's use of symbolism in "Good in Bed".
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)