|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical activity does Cannie do every night in Chapter 13?
2. Who is upset to learn that Cannie intends to keep her baby?
3. What does Dr. K buy for Nifkin?
4. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
5. What class do Cannie and Maxi attend together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does Cannie receive from Maxi Ryder?
2. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
3. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
4. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
5. What bad news does Cannie receive in Chapter 18?
6. What becomes Cannie's daily routine in Chapter 18?
7. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
8. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
9. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
10. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Weiner's use of symbolism in "Good in Bed".
Essay Topic 2
What sort of relationship does Cannie have with men, and why? Compare and contrast the male relationships in Cannie's life.
Essay Topic 3
Cannie's relationship with her father has left many scars that affects her relationships with others. Discuss Cannie's relationship with her father and how his abandonment has affected her.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)