|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cannie go when she realizes she's lost in Chapter 19?
2. Who sends a care package to Cannie from Philadelphia?
3. How old is Dr. K?
4. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
5. Who follows Cannie into the airport bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of Bruce's April Moxie column?
2. How does Cannie respond to the fact that Bruce has not tried to contact her in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
4. What is causing Cannie depression in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
6. What becomes Cannie's daily routine in Chapter 18?
7. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
8. What good news does Cannie receive from Maxi Ryder?
9. What happens in the bathroom between Cannie and Bruce's girlfriend?
10. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cannie showcases a great deal of insecurity in many aspects of her life. Discuss in what ways Cannie is insecure and how she became so.
Essay Topic 2
What sort of relationship does Cannie have with men, and why? Compare and contrast the male relationships in Cannie's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Cannie's personal journey. Outline where she started to where she ended up and how she got there.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)