|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Maxi leave for Cannie?
2. What transportation does Maxi arrange for Cannie to take back home?
3. Where does Cannie go to interview Maxi Ryder?
4. What proclamation does Bruce make when he sits down on his bed?
5. What was Cannie's mother like in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a teenager, how did Cannie deal with her father's emotional absence?
2. Describe Cannie Shapiro.
3. Who does Cannie meet in the Philadelphia Weight and Eating Disorders Center waiting room?
4. Describe what happens on Cannie's date with Steve.
5. Why did Cannie go to Princeton University?
6. What is Cannie's relationship with her father?
7. What is revealed to have caused Cannie to seek therapy?
8. Why is Andy not fond of Bruce?
9. What does Ann suggest is the real reason Cannie is upset about Bruce's article?
10. What does Cannie say is a great place to have a breakdown, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Bruce's article, he discusses the societal norms associated with weight and body type. How do these societal norms become an issue for Cannie in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Weiner's writing style affects the novel. What is the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Weiner's use of symbolism in "Good in Bed".
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)