|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. K call to tell Cannie?
2. What activity does Maxi do to forget her ex?
3. Where did Cannie get her dog from?
4. Who is Betsy?
5. What does Jane order for lunch in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cannie say is a great place to have a breakdown, and why?
2. As a teenager, how did Cannie deal with her father's emotional absence?
3. What advice does Maxi offer Cannie on the topic of body image, and where did she hear it?
4. Why did Cannie go to Princeton University?
5. What does Tanya do shortly after Cannie is informed of her relationship with Ann?
6. What are Cannie's feelings for her mother's partner, Tanya?
7. What is revealed to have caused Cannie to seek therapy?
8. What does Cannie think is ironic about the title of Bruce's column?
9. What is Cannie's plan for a perfect day out in New York?
10. What goes wrong in Cannie's interview with Jane Sloan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Bruce's article, he discusses the societal norms associated with weight and body type. How do these societal norms become an issue for Cannie in her life?
Essay Topic 2
"Good in Bed" is of the chick lit genre. Discuss the elements of a chick lit novel and whether or not "Good in Bed" contains said elements.
Essay Topic 3
How has Cannie grown emotionally? Discuss Cannie's emotional grown in the novel "Good in Bed".
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)