|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane order for lunch in Chapter 4?
2. What information does Maxi leave for Cannie?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Cannie say she can't eat?
4. Who are Daisy and Mandy?
5. Who says "Can you imagine the idiot that let someone like this get way?" in reference to Bruce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What support is expressed for Bruce's Moxie article in Chapter 3?
2. What are Cannie's feelings for her mother's partner, Tanya?
3. Describe Cannie Shapiro.
4. What are Cannie's hopes for her interview with Jane Sloan?
5. What is Cannie's plan for a perfect day out in New York?
6. Where does Cannie go at the beginning of Chapter 3, and for what purpose?
7. What advice does Maxi offer Cannie on the topic of body image, and where did she hear it?
8. What does Tanya do shortly after Cannie is informed of her relationship with Ann?
9. Why was Cannie irritated when Bruce told her she should be happy that her mother was gay and in a relationship?
10. What is Cannie's relationship with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The protagonist, Cannie, struggles with her body image a great deal throughout the novel. Discuss Cannie's body image issues, as well as why she struggles with these issues.
Essay Topic 2
Cannie's relationship with her father has left many scars that affects her relationships with others. Discuss Cannie's relationship with her father and how his abandonment has affected her.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Cannie's personal journey. Outline where she started to where she ended up and how she got there.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)