|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who molested Tanya in the past?
2. How old is Cannie Shapiro?
3. What worried Cannie about Dr. Blum?
4. With what newspaper did Cannie have an internship during college?
5. How does Cannie describe the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. While being kept at a distance by Bruce and his friends at the reception, what does Cannie realize is her 'in' with Bruce?
2. What does Ann suggest is the real reason Cannie is upset about Bruce's article?
3. What influence does Cannie believe Bruce's upbringing has had on him?
4. What is the irony of Andy being married to Ellen?
5. What analogy does Cannie make to her father being a passenger on a bus or train?
6. What does Cannie say is a great place to have a breakdown, and why?
7. What does Cannie think is ironic about the title of Bruce's column?
8. Why didn't Cannie tell Samantha that she was pregnant?
9. Describe Cannie Shapiro.
10. Why did Cannie go to Princeton University?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the primary characters of the novel "Good in Bed". Discuss the following:
a) How are men portrayed in the novel (i.e. Cannie's father, Bruce, Dr. K, Steve)?
b) How are women portrayed in the novel (i.e. Cannie, Sam, Anne, Tanya)?
Essay Topic 2
Cannie's dissatisfaction with her body, as well as the scars left behind from her childhood, has led to some feelings of jealousy towards those who have what she does not. Discuss Cannie's feelings of jealousy in "Good in Bed".
Essay Topic 3
In Bruce's article, he discusses the societal norms associated with weight and body type. How do these societal norms become an issue for Cannie in her life?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)