|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cannie do in her apartment when she returns to Philadelphia in Chapter 11?
(a) Cannie cleans her apartment.
(b) Cannie puts her apartment up for rent.
(c) Cannie waters her houseplants.
(d) Cannie paints the walls pink.
2. What is the topic of Bruce's most recent column?
(a) Unexpected pregnancies.
(b) Public displays of affection.
(c) Devastating breakups.
3. Who sends a care package to Cannie from Philadelphia?
(a) Dr. K.
(c) Her mother.
4. What does Cannie say about the fact the Bruce doesn't love her anymore?
(a) "His loss."
(b) "Easy come, easy go."
(c) "I feel so alone."
(d) "It's not the end of the world."
5. In Chapter 19, what is the topic of Bruce's latest Moxie column?
(a) His relationship mistakes.
(b) His reaction to Cannie's pregnancy.
(c) His commitment issues.
(d) His wedding plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cannie react to Bruce's latest column?
2. About how much weight has Cannie lost by Chapter 19?
3. What jewelry does Cannie borrow from Maxi?
4. Who is Adrian Stadt?
5. Who does Cannie find visiting Joy at the hospital in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
2. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
3. What bad news does Cannie receive in Chapter 18?
4. What is the topic of Bruce's April Moxie column?
5. How does Cannie greet the new year at the end of the novel?
6. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
7. What preparations for the baby are being made by Cannie in Chapter 13?
8. What amazes Cannie about the woman leading the meditation class?
9. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
10. In Chapter 19, Cannie writes for the first time since Joy was born - what does she write about?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)