|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cannie make a list of to buy?
(a) Baby furniture.
(b) Maternity wear.
(c) Self-help books.
(d) Healthy food.
2. At Thanksgiving dinner, who does Lucy announce having found?
(a) An agent.
(b) Her half-siblings.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) Her father.
3. What is Cannie's due date?
(a) August 12th.
(b) May 28th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) July 1st.
4. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
(a) Meet men.
(c) Fit into clothes.
(d) Go to work.
5. Where do Dr. K and Cannie go to shop?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. K buy for Nifkin?
2. Who calls Cannie fat in Chapter 15?
3. Who does Dr. K say Cannie reminds him of?
4. How much time in total does Cannie intend to take off work?
5. What hotel does Cannie stay at in Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
2. What bad news does Cannie receive in Chapter 18?
3. How does Cannie greet the new year at the end of the novel?
4. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
5. How does Samantha react to the news of Cannie's pregnancy?
6. What good news does Cannie receive from Maxi Ryder?
7. What arrangements does Cannie make at work in preparation for her baby?
8. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
9. How does Cannie respond to the fact that Bruce has not tried to contact her in Chapter 11?
10. What does Cannie wonder about Dr. K after receiving a care package from him?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)