|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
(b) Fit into clothes.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Meet men.
2. Who follows Cannie into the airport bathroom?
(a) Bruce's girlfriend.
(b) Maxi's publicist.
(d) Dr.K's mother.
3. What do Cannie and her mother do at the Jewish Community Center?
(a) Play bridge.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Play squash.
(d) Sit in the sauna.
4. What kind of doctor does Maxi go to see?
(a) A plastic surgeon.
(b) A gynecologist.
(c) A chiropractor.
(d) A therapist.
5. Who is upset to learn that Cannie intends to keep her baby?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Adrian left for Cannie to use?
2. What does Cannie do in her apartment when she returns to Philadelphia in Chapter 11?
3. How many weeks premature is Cannie's baby?
4. What does Cannie name her daughter?
5. Where does Adrian suggest he and Cannie drive to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Cannie make at work in preparation for her baby?
2. What is the topic of Bruce's April Moxie column?
3. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
5. What becomes Cannie's daily routine in Chapter 18?
6. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
7. What happens in the bathroom between Cannie and Bruce's girlfriend?
8. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
9. What does Cannie wonder about Dr. K after receiving a care package from him?
10. How does Cannie respond to the fact that Bruce has not tried to contact her in Chapter 11?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)