|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cannie do everyday after visiting Joy?
(a) Walks aimlessly around the city.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Eats pastries.
(d) Goes swimming.
2. What does Dr. K offer to put together at Cannie's apartment?
(a) A high chair.
(b) A crib.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A changing table.
3. Who does Cannie see at the airport?
(d) Dr. K and his mother.
4. What jewelry does Cannie borrow from Maxi?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) An engagement and wedding ring.
(c) A pearl necklance.
(d) A bellybutton ring.
5. Where do Dr. K and Cannie go to shop?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maxi take Cannie so that she can buy something nice for herself?
2. How many weeks premature is Cannie's baby?
3. What hotel does Cannie stay at in Hollywood?
4. What does Dr. K buy for Nifkin?
5. What is Dr. K's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kindness does Dr. K show Cannie in Chapter 14?
2. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
3. What becomes Cannie's daily routine in Chapter 18?
4. What amazes Cannie about the woman leading the meditation class?
5. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
6. What bad news does Cannie receive in Chapter 18?
7. How does Cannie greet the new year at the end of the novel?
8. What good news does Cannie receive from Maxi Ryder?
9. What is causing Cannie depression in Chapter 13?
10. How does Cannie feel about Bruce at the end of the novel?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)