|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Cannie into the airport bathroom?
(a) Dr.K's mother.
(b) Bruce's girlfriend.
(c) Maxi's publicist.
2. Where does Maxi take Cannie so that she can buy something nice for herself?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) A baby store.
(c) A clothing boutique.
(d) A shoe store.
3. How old is Dr. K?
4. What new job has Cannie been offered?
(a) A monthly columnist job for a magazine.
(b) A writer for the New York Times.
(c) A script writer for a Hollywood studio.
(d) A columnist for a motherhood blog.
5. Where does Dr. K take Cannie in hopes of cheering her up in Chapter 12?
(a) To a rooftop.
(b) To a park.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) To a shopping mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Cannie's father tell his family where he was going when he left years ago?
2. What name does Cannie use to make an appointment with her father?
3. About how much weight has Cannie lost by Chapter 19?
4. Where does Cannie wake up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 19, what is the topic of Bruce's latest Moxie column?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cannie greet the new year at the end of the novel?
2. What is Bruce's reason for not acknowledging Cannie's pregnancy, and how does Cannie respond?
3. What amazes Cannie about the woman leading the meditation class?
4. What arrangements does Cannie make at work in preparation for her baby?
5. Why does Cannie agree with Adrian's assessment that she will be a good mother?
6. What is the topic of Bruce's April Moxie column?
7. What bad news does Cannie receive in Chapter 18?
8. What decision does Cannie make about her pregnancy in Chapter 11?
9. Who does Cannie turn to for help in Chapter 19?
10. What becomes Cannie's daily routine in Chapter 18?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)