|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Cannie's newspaper internship?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
2. How does Bruce describe dating a 'larger woman'?
(a) As an act of courage.
(b) As an act of charity.
(c) As an act of rebellion.
(d) As an act of compassion.
3. What does Cannie's mother give her as a gift in Chapter 2?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A book.
(c) A magnet.
(d) A charm bracelet.
4. Who is Roberto?
(a) A publicist.
(b) An actor.
(c) An agent.
(d) An advertising executive.
5. What do Bruce and his friends do in his childhood bedroom?
(a) Play charades.
(b) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Drink alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cannie ask Dr. K after he takes a sample of her blood?
2. What does Cannie tell Samatha when they meet in Chapter 4?
3. Who are Gertrude and Alice?
4. How many more children did Cannie's father eventually have?
5. In Chapter 7, how long has it been since Cannie last saw Bruce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Andy not fond of Bruce?
2. What discovery does Cannie make at Christmas which upsets her?
3. When she returns to her childhood neighborhood, how does Cannie identify the homes owned by single parents?
4. What does Tanya do shortly after Cannie is informed of her relationship with Ann?
5. What are Cannie's feelings for her mother's partner, Tanya?
6. What is revealed to have caused Cannie to seek therapy?
7. What influence does Cannie believe Bruce's upbringing has had on him?
8. Why was Cannie irritated when Bruce told her she should be happy that her mother was gay and in a relationship?
9. What does Cannie think is Dr. K's motivation for being nice to her after telling her she is pregnant?
10. What does Cannie think is ironic about the title of Bruce's column?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)