|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who passes away in Chapter 4?
(a) Bruce's father.
(c) Cannie's co-worker.
(d) Cannie's father.
2. What does Bruce's aunt tell Cannie?
(a) That Bruce has a new girlfriend.
(b) That Bruce is gay.
(c) That Bruce really loved her.
(d) That Bruce never loved her.
3. Where does Cannie find a note from Maxi?
(a) Folded in her pocket.
(b) Taped to her forehead.
(c) Stuffed in her shoe.
(d) Taped to the fridge.
4. What did Cannie's father say would happen if she did not attend the school of his choice?
(a) He would never speak to her again.
(b) He would disown her.
(c) He would not pay her tuition fees.
(d) She would never be successful.
5. What TV show does Cannie discuss with Maxi?
(a) Iron Chef.
(c) Larry King Live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily wish was still available for purchase?
2. What did Cannie drop on the co-worker who kept touching her breasts?
3. As a teenager, how did Cannie cope with her belief that her father didn't love her?
4. Who is Jane Sloan?
5. What is Bruce's father's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Andy not fond of Bruce?
2. Why is Bruce waiting for Cannie when she returns to her apartment at the end of the weekend?
3. What does Cannie's mother want her to do in Chapter 7?
4. What is the irony of Andy being married to Ellen?
5. What goes wrong in Cannie's interview with Jane Sloan?
6. Who does Cannie say has been telling her not to contact Bruce anymore?
7. What analogy does Cannie make to her father being a passenger on a bus or train?
8. What makes Cannie impatient at the weight loss group meeting?
9. What is revealed to have caused Cannie to seek therapy?
10. Why did Cannie go to Princeton University?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)