|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dr. K and Cannie go to shop?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. What does Cannie do everyday after visiting Joy?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Walks aimlessly around the city.
(d) Eats pastries.
3. What news does Cannie receive from her doctor?
(a) Cannie will not be able to have more children.
(b) Cannie is in danger of having a heart attack.
(c) Cannie will have trouble walking.
(d) Cannie has diabetes.
4. What does Cannie say about the fact the Bruce doesn't love her anymore?
(a) "I feel so alone."
(b) "His loss."
(c) "Easy come, easy go."
(d) "It's not the end of the world."
5. How old is Joy at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Four months old.
(b) Twenty months old.
(c) Twelve months old.
(d) Eight months old.
6. What does Cannie dream of in the hospital?
(a) Her baby being born overweight.
(b) Nifkin giving her life advice.
(c) Her childhood and swimming.
(d) Telling off Bruce.
7. About how much weight has Cannie lost by Chapter 19?
(a) Forty pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Thirty pounds.
(d) Twenty pounds.
8. What physical activity does Cannie do every night in Chapter 13?
9. Who does Cannie find visiting Joy at the hospital in Chapter 19?
(b) Bruce's mother.
(c) Her father.
10. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Fit into clothes.
(c) Meet men.
11. What is Cannie's due date?
(a) May 28th.
(b) July 1st.
(c) June 15th.
(d) August 12th.
12. Where does Maxi take Cannie so that she can buy something nice for herself?
(a) A baby store.
(b) A clothing boutique.
(c) A jewelry shop.
(d) A shoe store.
13. How old is Dr. K?
14. What does Cannie name her daughter?
15. Where does Cannie go when she realizes she's lost in Chapter 19?
(a) To the bus stop.
(b) To see Dr. K.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the shopping mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cannie make a list of to buy?
2. What name does Cannie use to make an appointment with her father?
3. How many weeks premature is Cannie's baby?
4. How much time in total does Cannie intend to take off work?
5. What choice has Cannie made about her pregnancy?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)