|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Cannie's father tell his family where he was going when he left years ago?
(a) He didn't think they'd care.
(b) He was ashamed.
(c) He never wanted to speak to them again.
(d) He didn't know where he was going himself.
2. Where does Maxi take Cannie so that she can buy something nice for herself?
(a) A clothing boutique.
(b) A jewelry shop.
(c) A baby store.
(d) A shoe store.
3. Who is Adrian Stadt?
(a) Cannie's idol.
(b) Cannie's high school sweetheart.
(c) An agent.
(d) Maxi's boyfriend.
4. Where does Cannie go when she realizes she's lost in Chapter 19?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the bus stop.
(c) To the shopping mall.
(d) To see Dr. K.
5. What class do Cannie and Maxi attend together?
(a) An acting class.
(b) A meditation class.
(c) A cooking class.
(d) A yoga class.
6. About how much weight has Cannie lost by Chapter 19?
(a) Thirty pounds.
(b) Forty pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Twenty pounds.
7. What news does Cannie receive from her doctor?
(a) Cannie will not be able to have more children.
(b) Cannie will have trouble walking.
(c) Cannie has diabetes.
(d) Cannie is in danger of having a heart attack.
8. Who does Dr. K say Cannie reminds him of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) His sister.
9. How much time in total does Cannie intend to take off work?
(a) Six months.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) One year.
10. Where does Dr. K take Cannie in hopes of cheering her up in Chapter 12?
(a) To a shopping mall.
(b) To a rooftop.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) To a park.
11. How old is Joy at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Twenty months old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Twelve months old.
(d) Eight months old.
12. What is Cannie told will be harder to do as a single mother?
(a) Go to work.
(c) Fit into clothes.
(d) Meet men.
13. What physical activity does Cannie do every night in Chapter 13?
14. Where does Adrian suggest he and Cannie drive to?
(a) To a club.
(b) To Las Vegas.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the Hollywood sign.
15. What ceremony is taking place in Chapter 20?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A naming ceremony.
(d) A commitment ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cannie and her mother do at the Jewish Community Center?
2. What does Cannie compare the feeling of her baby moving to?
3. In Chapter 19, what is the topic of Bruce's latest Moxie column?
4. What hotel does Cannie stay at in Hollywood?
5. How does Cannie inform Bruce that she is pregnant?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)