|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cannie find waiting at her apartment when she returns from Samantha's in Chapter 9?
(b) Her mother.
2. What city does the story take place in?
(d) New York.
3. What was Cannie primarily doing at her internship until she stood up for herself?
(b) Running errands.
(c) Answering phones.
(d) Making coffee.
4. What is the name of Bruce's most recent Moxie article?
(a) Gruesome Twosome.
(b) Adventures in the Sack.
(c) Love Machine.
(d) Going Down.
5. Who is Jane Sloan?
(a) An actress.
(b) An agent.
(c) A publicist.
(d) A movie director.
6. What would Lily rather suffer than being fat?
(a) Bad skin.
(c) Heart problems.
(d) Mood swings.
7. Who is recalled to have said, "If Cannie wants a ring, she'll have a ring in a minute"?
(a) Bruce's mother.
(d) Bruce's father.
8. What animal does Tanya like to decorate with?
9. What information does Maxi leave for Cannie?
(a) Maxi's schedule for the upcoming month.
(b) Her contact info.
(c) Directions home.
(d) How to find an agent.
10. How many more children did Cannie's father eventually have?
11. Where does Cannie find a note from Maxi?
(a) Folded in her pocket.
(b) Taped to the fridge.
(c) Taped to her forehead.
(d) Stuffed in her shoe.
12. Who is Tanya?
(a) Bruce's mother.
(b) Cannie's co-worker.
(c) Ann's partner.
(d) Samantha's sister.
13. What did Cannie feel about her therapy experience?
(a) Therapy made her uncomfortable.
(b) Therapy cost more than it was worth.
(c) Therapy helped immensely.
(d) Therapy was not a positive experience.
14. As a teenager, how did Cannie cope with her father being emotionally absent?
(a) By being sweet and obedient to her mother.
(b) By abusing drugs and alcohol.
(c) By being tough and sarcastic.
(d) By seeking male attention elsewhere.
15. What prompted Cannie to have therapy in the past?
(a) Her weight issues.
(b) Her father leaving.
(c) Her breakup with Bruce.
(d) Her mother's relationship with Tanya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. K think about Bruce's article?
2. What is Bruce's father's first name?
3. In Chapter 7, how long has it been since Cannie last saw Bruce?
4. Who are Daisy and Mandy?
5. What does Steve tell Cannie when they go out for dinner?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)