|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cannie's mother give her as a gift in Chapter 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A charm bracelet.
(c) A magnet.
(d) A scarf.
2. What does Steve tell Cannie when they go out for dinner?
(a) That he just wants to be friends.
(b) That he already has a girlfriend.
(c) That he is gay.
(d) That he is married.
3. What kind of demonstration does Cannie's mother want her to attend with her?
(a) An oil painting demonstration.
(b) A scrapbooking demonstration.
(c) A cooking demonstration.
(d) A flower arranging demonstration.
4. What is Maxi Ryder famed for?
(a) Frequently getting dumped.
(b) Her quick rise to stardom.
(c) Her famous relatives.
(d) Her award-winning work.
5. What does Gabby ask Cannie about at the office on Monday morning?
(a) If she had fun in New York.
(b) If her running shoes are new.
(c) How the interview with Maxi went.
(d) What she ate over the weekend.
6. What film is Maxi Ryder publicizing?
(a) Fire on Earth.
(b) Love Me Now, Love Me Forever.
(c) Seven Day Soldier.
(d) My Mother and I.
7. What proclamation does Bruce make when he sits down on his bed?
(a) "I've never been in love before."
(b) "I've been a child my whole life."
(c) "I'll never be as good a man as my father."
(d) "I never understood my father."
8. What does Dr. K speak to the weight loss group about?
(b) Binge eating.
(c) Portion control.
(d) Emotional eating.
9. What does Dr. K say is the best motivation for losing weight?
(a) To find a mate.
(b) To help yourself.
(c) To impress your friends.
(d) To be able to fit into nice clothes.
10. Who is Lily?
(a) A woman Cannie sits next to.
(b) A high school friend.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A receptionist.
11. How do Bruce's friends act towards Cannie at the funeral?
(a) His friends joke with her.
(b) His friends are awkward around her.
(c) His friends are unfriendly towards her.
(d) His friends are secretive around her.
12. Who says, "Your father was really cool"?
13. What does Samantha say would happen if Cannie and Bruce got back together?
(a) Cannie would dump Bruce again.
(b) Bruce would cheat on Cannie.
(c) Cannie and Bruce would get married.
(d) Cannie would get hurt.
14. Who did Cannie's father leave to go live with?
(a) His parents.
(b) His high school sweetheart.
(c) A twenty-seven-year-old woman.
(d) His friend.
15. Which of the following does Cannie's mother say they can do together if Cannie visits?
(a) Bake cookies.
(c) Decorate the livingroom.
(d) Shop for shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve do for a living?
2. What did Cannie drop on the co-worker who kept touching her breasts?
3. Where do Cannie and Maxi go together in New York?
4. Who is Roberto?
5. What did Cannie think of the college she went to?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)