|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
2. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
3. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
4. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
5. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Looking at the Bible in a different way is not always something that people are willing to do.
Part 1: Why do you think people are resistant to seeing the Bible in a new way?
Part 2: Do you think that it's a good idea or a bad idea to look at new perspectives in the Bible? Why?
Part 3: How do you think religion might change if the gnostic gospels were considered to be true? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In many modern Christian religions, it seems that the feminine aspect is not as widely addressed or celebrated as the male aspect.
Part 1: Why do you think that the male gender is one which is celebrated more than the female?
Part 2: Do you think that having a hierarchy of genders within religions is helpful or hurtful?
Part 3: How do you think that that society's view of religions would change if there was no focus on gender?
Essay Topic 3
The brothers decided to go after the killer of their father, hacking him to bits and eating his heart.
Part 1: Why do you think the brothers thought this sort of killing was necessary?
Part 2: Do you think it's ever a good idea to kill another person? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the brothers' life will change as a result of their murderous actions?
This section contains 1,698 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)