|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
4. The Valentinians also speak of the birth of _________ from her confusion, water from her terror, and air from her grief.
5. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
Essay Topic 1
Looking at the Bible in a different way is not always something that people are willing to do.
Part 1: Why do you think people are resistant to seeing the Bible in a new way?
Part 2: Do you think that it's a good idea or a bad idea to look at new perspectives in the Bible? Why?
Part 3: How do you think religion might change if the gnostic gospels were considered to be true? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, it seems unclear as to what a true Christian might look like or believe.
Part 1: Do you think there should be only one definition of what a Christian is? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think that religion would change if there was only one definition of a Christian?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important for some to have a definition of what a Christian is?
Essay Topic 3
The belief in the resurrection was one that spread because of its political power, according to Pagels.
Part 1: Why do you think the idea of the resurrection was so effective in politics?
Part 2: Do you think that a person has to choose whether they believe the resurrection happened or not? Why?
Part 3: Does it matter to you what faith your elected officials are? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,708 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)