|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
2. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
3. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
4. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
5. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
2. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
3. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
4. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
5. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)