|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
2. The Christian's world was a world of daily _______________, of special masses and other community gatherings.
3. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
4. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
5. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
2. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
3. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. The ____________ between the Gnostic and the orthodox is echoed in the centuries to come, according to historical findings.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)