|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is made a cardinal.
(b) He is exiled from the country.
(c) He is made pope.
(d) He is put to death.
2. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
3. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
4. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
5. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
2. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
3. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
4. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
5. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)