|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ was relatively solitary and generally quite introspective in nature, contrary to other systems.
(a) The Christian world.
(b) The Jewish faith.
(c) The Muslim journey.
(d) Gnostic path.
2. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) He is made pope.
(c) He is exiled from the country.
(d) He is made a cardinal.
3. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
4. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
5. What was not a part of the daily lives of Christians according to Pagels' conclusions?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Christian's world was a world of daily _______________, of special masses and other community gatherings.
2. Pagels points out that the discussion of Gnosticism points out _____________ of great value to all believers.
3. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
4. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
5. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)