|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
2. What was not a part of the daily lives of Christians according to Pagels' conclusions?
3. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
4. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
5. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(b) Ritual drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
3. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
4. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
5. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)