|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
2. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
3. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
(a) The Sky.
(b) The Church.
(c) The side of Peter.
4. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
(a) Christian woman.
(c) Disciple of Jesus.
(d) Christian man.
5. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
2. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
3. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
4. The ____________ between the Gnostic and the orthodox is echoed in the centuries to come, according to historical findings.
5. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)