|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blake noted the differences between the Gnostics and the orthodox: "Both read the Bible day and night, But where thou read'st black where I see _________."
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
3. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
4. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
5. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
Short Answer Questions
1. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
2. The Christan world, it could be said, was and continues to be one of __________ reality.
3. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
4. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
5. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)