|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
(a) A right answer.
3. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(c) Baptism by water.
4. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
5. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
4. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
5. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)