|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
(a) Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Uncle Vanya.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) The Christ of Pain.
3. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
4. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
5. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
2. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
3. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
4. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
5. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)