|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Emperor Crucius.
3. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
4. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
5. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(c) Church of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
2. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
3. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
5. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)