|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
2. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(b) Ritual drink.
3. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Sky.
(d) The side of Peter.
4. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
5. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) He is made a cardinal.
(c) He is made pope.
(d) He is exiled from the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
2. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
3. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
4. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
5. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)