|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
2. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
3. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
4. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
5. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels wonders if it was the __________ function of the Church which allowed it to be kept alive for so many years.
2. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
3. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
4. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
5. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)