|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
(d) Connection between Jesus and man.
2. The Christian, as a result of learning about Gnosticism might ask what the true source of _____________ is in the Church.
3. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(a) The Bible.
(b) God's laws.
5. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
2. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
3. Pagels wonders if it was the __________ function of the Church which allowed it to be kept alive for so many years.
4. Pagels wonders if true authority is only found when one takes a journey __________ on his own.
5. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)