|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Emperor Crucius.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
3. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(a) God's laws.
(c) The Bible.
4. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(d) Christian scientists.
5. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
2. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
3. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
5. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)