|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
(b) Events at Gesethemene.
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
4. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
5. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
2. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
3. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
4. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
5. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)