|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. Pagels points out that the discussion of Gnosticism points out _____________ of great value to all believers.
3. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
4. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
5. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
(c) Giving money to the coffers.
(d) Sexual abstinence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
2. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
3. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
4. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
5. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)