|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
2. What was not a part of the daily lives of Christians according to Pagels' conclusions?
3. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
4. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(a) Obedience to the clergy.
(b) Holy water.
(c) Service atttendance.
5. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(c) The Bible.
(d) God's laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
2. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
3. The Valentinians also speak of the birth of _________ from her confusion, water from her terror, and air from her grief.
4. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
5. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)