|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blake noted the differences between the Gnostics and the orthodox: "Both read the Bible day and night, But where thou read'st black where I see _________."
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Emperor Crucius.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
4. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
5. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(c) Ritual drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
2. The Christian's world was a world of daily _______________, of special masses and other community gatherings.
3. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
4. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
5. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)