|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Emperor Crucius.
2. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
3. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
4. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
5. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(b) Ritual drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
2. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
3. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
4. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
5. The ___________ was relatively solitary and generally quite introspective in nature, contrary to other systems.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)