|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
2. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(d) Baptism by water.
3. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
4. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
5. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
2. The ____________ between the Gnostic and the orthodox is echoed in the centuries to come, according to historical findings.
3. There is even some suggestion in Gnostic texts that man himself creates the world of ___________, something radical even for the Gnostic beliefs.
4. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
5. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)