|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(d) Christian scientists.
2. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
3. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
4. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
5. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
2. Pagels wonders if it was the __________ function of the Church which allowed it to be kept alive for so many years.
3. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)