|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(c) Ritual drink.
2. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
3. The Christan world, it could be said, was and continues to be one of __________ reality.
4. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
5. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(a) Baptism by water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
2. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
3. Pagels wonders if it was the __________ function of the Church which allowed it to be kept alive for so many years.
4. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
5. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)