|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
2. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
3. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(b) Baptism by water.
4. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Exposing himself.
(b) Ripping up the scriptures.
(c) Swearing and cursing.
(d) Blaspheming Jesus.
5. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
2. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
3. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
4. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
5. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)