|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(c) Ritual drink.
2. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
3. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
4. Pagels wonders if true authority is only found when one takes a journey __________ on his own.
(a) To a teacher.
(b) Of faith.
5. What was not a part of the daily lives of Christians according to Pagels' conclusions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
2. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
3. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
4. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
5. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)