Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
2. Pagels wonders if true authority is only found when one takes a journey __________ on his own.
(a) Of faith.
(d) To a teacher.
3. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
4. Pagels makes a reader question: Is the Kingdom of God more truly __________________?
(a) Dark than light.
(b) Vague than concrete.
(c) Within than without.
(d) Something not to be understood.
5. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(a) Ritual drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
2. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
3. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
4. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
5. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)