|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(c) Christian scientists.
2. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
3. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
4. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
(a) Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Uncle Vanya.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) The Christ of Pain.
5. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
2. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
3. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
4. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
5. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)