|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
2. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is exiled from the country.
(b) He is made a cardinal.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He is made pope.
3. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
4. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
5. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels wonders if true authority is only found when one takes a journey __________ on his own.
2. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
3. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
4. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
5. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)