|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ between the Gnostic and the orthodox is echoed in the centuries to come, according to historical findings.
2. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Blaspheming Jesus.
(b) Exposing himself.
(c) Ripping up the scriptures.
(d) Swearing and cursing.
3. Pagels makes a reader question: Is the Kingdom of God more truly __________________?
(a) Within than without.
(b) Something not to be understood.
(c) Vague than concrete.
(d) Dark than light.
4. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
(a) The Sky.
(b) The side of Peter.
(c) The Church.
5. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(b) Church of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
4. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
5. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)