|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels points out that the discussion of Gnosticism points out _____________ of great value to all believers.
2. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
(b) Christian man.
(c) Christian woman.
(d) Disciple of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
2. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. There is even some suggestion in Gnostic texts that man himself creates the world of ___________, something radical even for the Gnostic beliefs.
5. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)