Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
2. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
4. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
5. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)