Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(b) The Lost.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Middle world.
(b) New leader.
(c) New church.
(d) Third heaven.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(b) Given as gifts.
(c) Used as kindling.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(b) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
5. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)