Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
2. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) The priest.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A leper.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
2. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
3. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
4. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)