|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(a) Life and death.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Fall of Eden.
(b) Creation myth.
(d) Temptation of Christ.
3. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
3. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)