|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Apocalypse.
3. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
(a) Events at Gesethemene.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(d) The Apostles.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
5. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)