|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
2. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain gold.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might be cursed.
(d) It might contain a map.
5. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
2. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
3. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
4. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)