|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(c) Tax men.
5. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
2. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
3. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
4. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
5. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)