|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
2. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) False texts.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Lies in the Bible.
(d) Two Bibles.
3. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
4. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
5. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
2. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
3. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
4. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
5. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)