|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(b) The crucifixion.
(d) The Black Plague.
2. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Swearing and cursing.
(b) Ripping up the scriptures.
(c) Blaspheming Jesus.
(d) Exposing himself.
5. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
3. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
4. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
5. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)