|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
2. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
5. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) Lies in the Bible.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) False texts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
4. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
5. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)