|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
2. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)