|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(d) Life and death.
2. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(a) A lake.
(b) The elements.
(d) A bull.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(c) Tell anyone.
(d) Touch him.
5. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
2. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
3. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)