|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
4. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
5. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
(c) Lesser beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
2. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
3. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)