|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is made a cardinal.
(b) He is made pope.
(c) He is exiled from the country.
(d) He is put to death.
2. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
(a) Lesser beings.
3. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
4. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) The crucifixion.
(b) The Black Plague.
(c) Noah's ark.
5. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
2. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
3. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
4. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
5. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)