|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(d) Ritual drink.
2. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
3. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(c) An angel.
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
2. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)