|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
3. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
2. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
3. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
4. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)