|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
2. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
(b) Connection between Jesus and man.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
5. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) The killer's heart.
(b) Their own blood.
(c) A cow.
(d) The royal pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
3. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
5. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)