|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
2. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
3. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
2. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
3. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
5. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)