|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
2. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
3. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
4. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
5. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(a) Satan worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
4. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)