|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
2. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(b) Holy Spirit.
3. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) The Lost.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
3. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)