|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
3. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
4. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
5. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)