|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
4. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
5. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
2. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)