|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
3. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
4. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(a) Holy Spirit.
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) Goat meat.
(d) Broiled fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)