|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(a) Touch him.
(b) Tell anyone.
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(d) Tax men.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(a) The Apostles.
5. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
3. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)