|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) A cow.
(b) The killer's heart.
(c) The royal pig.
(d) Their own blood.
3. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
4. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Emperor Crucius.
5. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(b) The Black Plague.
(c) The crucifixion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
3. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
4. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)