|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(b) A lake.
(c) A bull.
(d) The elements.
2. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(c) Genderless one.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
5. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)