• Some Arab peasants found early records of early Christianity in a jar.
• Mohammed 'Ali did not want to break the jar open at first.
• The scrolls were scattered around the globe.
• The Jung Foundation bought the codices.
• Many gospels were written, talking about various apostles who were not given a voice in the Bible.
• The dating of the Greek gospels is controversial.
• The Nag Hammadi discovery did not surface to the public for awhile.
• The resurrection is seen to be the building block of orthodox Christianity.
• There is much debate over whether the resurrection was physical or spiritual.
• Pagels concludes that the use of a spiritual resurrection is good for the politics of the church.
• Different people have written as having seen Jesus when he resurrected.
• Marcion believed there were actually two different and separate gods.
• It is unclear as to whether the writings meant to include two gods or...
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)