|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abby first looks at her DOD watch during the ball game in Chapter 1, how many years does it say she has left to live?
2. What color eyes is Van described as having in Chapter 17?
3. What is the penalty if a citizen of Brighton does not report a violation of the law against manufacturing, possessing, or using paper?
(a) 6 months of parole.
(b) 6 months in prison.
(c) 1 year in prison.
4. What is the name of Elle’s boyfriend that she says will dump her when his family finds out that she’s sterile in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the dog that Abby believes has been killed by the stranger in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Memphis call Abby when they meet in Chapter 12?
2. What is the response of the Zombie Zone Guy when Abby asks him in Chapter 11, “What could your parents possibly dislike [about Brighton]?
3. What does Elle hand to Abby at the park to cover her DOD with in Chapter 6?
4. From the Brighton Guidelines, Rule 34.5 states “If you ever encounter a zombie, don’t” do what?
5. Of her surroundings along the journey, Abby says in Chapter 18, “Nowhere in Brighton was there this sense of awe, something I’d equate to” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Abby encounter the blue-eyed stranger in Chapter 1? What does he tell Abby?
2. Where do Elle and Abby go when they leave Elle’s house in Chapter 6? Why?
3. What does Memphis do in order to help Abby with her ailment in Chapter 20?
4. How is the ritual of the Advice Meeting in Brighton described in Chapter 1? How old must one be to participate in this ritual?
5. What item of apparel does Memphis give Abby to wear in Chapter 14? Why?
6. What exchange takes place between Abby and Landon in Chapter 8?
7. What do the scouts do in order to prepare to relocate in Chapter 17?
8. What leads Abby to look out her bedroom window in Chapter 10? What does Abby see outside the window?
9. How does Abby describe her relationship to authority and the rules in Chapter 1?
10. What do Abby and Elle discover via the satellite feed in Chapter 7? How do they access the satellite feed?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)