|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abby first looks at her DOD watch during the ball game in Chapter 1, how many years does it say she has left to live?
2. Whose home overlooks the ball field that Abby sneaks away to at night in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Elle’s great-great-grandfather that passed down the blue-eyed gene?
4. When the Brighton eighteen-year-olds go for their Advice Meeting, they meet an older version of themselves. How old is the Complement that attends this Advice Meeting?
5. Who does Memphis say makes the tangy, salty crackers that Abby eats in Chapter 19?
(b) Aunt Clara.
(d) Uncle Jeb.
6. Who is the President of Brighton in Chapter 4?
(a) Octavis Brighton.
(b) Jeff Masterson.
(c) Declan Wilderman.
(d) Gillian McRaine.
7. What color eyes does Memphis have in the novel?
8. What does the meal consist of that Abby has in the morning before preparing to leave the camp in Chapter 17?
(a) Potato pancakes and gravy.
(b) Pancakes and maple syrup.
(c) Scrambled eggs and hash browns.
(d) Rice, dried fish, and an apple.
9. What does “EA” stand for in the novel?
(a) The Elected Agency.
(b) The Executive Assembly.
(c) The Educational Authority.
(d) The Entertainment Authority.
10. What is the name of the horse that Memphis and Abby take with their wagon in Chapter 17?
11. What park do Abby and Elle go to in Chapter 6?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Prospect Park.
(c) Golden Gate Park.
(d) Hadden Park.
12. What discovery is the Oracle said to have made in the novel?
(a) The ability to overcome gravity.
(b) The ability to morph into animals.
(c) The ability to read minds.
(d) The ability to time travel.
13. Where does Abby hide when Landon comes home in Chapter 7?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In his closet.
(d) In the kitchen cupboard.
14. Where does Abby say she’d hidden Kaden’s note in her room in Chapter 12?
(a) Under the carpet.
(b) In her underwear drawer.
(c) In the top of her closet.
(d) Under her bed.
15. What word from Chapter 20 refers to a prolonged outburst of bitter, outspoken denunciation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the food wrapped in that Abby finds in the pouch on the wagon in Chapter 19?
2. What rule from the Brighton Guidelines indicates that “Time off if to be spent with family in recreation or volunteer work on a community project,” according to the narrator in Chapter 20?
3. What is the name of Kaden’s father in the novel?
4. From the Brighton Guidelines, Rule 34.5 states “If you ever encounter a zombie, don’t” do what?
5. How does Elle transmit the note that she and Abby have prepared at the ravine in Chapter 8?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)