|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Elle give to Landon for why she and Abby were by the wall in Chapter 9?
(a) Elle lost her school homework.
(b) Elle wanted to run away.
(c) Elle wanted to see a zombie.
(d) Abby lost her glasses.
2. What does Abby use to make a makeshift skirt because of her rash in Chapter 20?
(a) A wagon tarp.
(b) A wool coat.
(c) A cooking apron.
(d) A flannel shirt.
3. Whom does Kaden say appeared to him and convinced him to kidnap Abby for her safety in Chapter 12?
(a) Octavis Brighton.
(b) Abby’s Complement.
(c) Gillian McRaine.
(d) Declan Wilderman.
4. What are the people called that supposedly run the colony, according to Memphis in Chapter 19?
(a) The Committee.
(c) The Elders.
(d) The Panel.
5. By what nickname does Memphis call Abby when they meet in Chapter 12?
6. What does Memphis use to signal to the scouts when he approaches the colony area with Abby in Chapter 14?
(a) A gun.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A flag.
(d) A small fire.
7. What word from Chapter 16 refers to a state of refuge or sanctuary from a foreign state?
8. Abby and Elle take Elle’s father’s car to the park in Chapter 6. What kind of car is it?
(a) A Renaissance.
(b) A Refulgence.
(c) A Retrograde.
(d) A Renegade.
9. What is the name of Landon’s cat in the novel?
10. Abby develops a rash in Chapter 19 from having brushed up against what plant?
(b) Poison ivy.
(d) Poison oak.
11. What is the penalty if a citizen of Brighton does not report a violation of the law against manufacturing, possessing, or using paper?
(a) 6 months of parole.
(c) 6 months in prison.
(d) 1 year in prison.
12. Whose home overlooks the ball field that Abby sneaks away to at night in Chapter 2?
13. What does the meal consist of that Abby has in the morning before preparing to leave the camp in Chapter 17?
(a) Scrambled eggs and hash browns.
(b) Pancakes and maple syrup.
(c) Potato pancakes and gravy.
(d) Rice, dried fish, and an apple.
14. What is the description of “Rule 48.1” from the Brighton Conduct Guide in Chapter 5?
(a) “Do not touch the screen.”
(b) “Never run from a zombie.”
(c) “Paper is not allowed in the meeting rooms.”
(d) “Meeting details are confidential.”
15. What is Abby’s best friend’s name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Abby hid the note from the stranger in Chapter 3?
2. Abby says in the beginning of Chapter 10 that her DOD had increased in time to how many years following the ordeal with Landon?
3. What does “EA” stand for in the novel?
4. By what name does Abby’s Complement address her as in Chapter 5?
5. What does Memphis tell Abby “there’s no such thing as” in Chapter 14?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)