|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
2. What does Jim say he is as comfortable as?
3. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
4. Who does Jim say was talking to him about Tom?
5. What types does Jim say that he and Tom are not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
2. When Amanda is getting Laura ready what does she say that Laura couldn't possibly be satisfied with?
3. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
4. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
5. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
6. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
7. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
8. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
9. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
10. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom tells Amanda that they shouldn't expect to much from Laura. Do you think that Amanda expects to much from Jim's visit or that Tom expected to little? What does it tell us about Tom that he didn't tell Jim about his sister when he invited him over for dinner?
Essay Topic 2
After Tom leaves the apartment he sees Amanda talking to Laura and Laura smiles at her mother. Do you think that Amanda was able to say anything to comfort Laura? What do you believe Amanda said given what we know of her nature?
Essay Topic 3
Jim kissed Laura and then explained that he was engaged. Do you think that this tarnishes his character? Does it make you think less of him than you did before? Why or why not?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)