|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
2. What month did Amanda say it was when she was picking flowers with her gentlemen callers?
3. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
4. What does Jim comment about when Laura shakes his hand?
5. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laura say to Jim before he recognizes her?
2. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
3. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
4. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
5. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
6. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
7. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
8. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
9. What things does Tom say described what Jim was like and what he did in high school?
10. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Jim would have kissed Laura if she had not remembered him from his high school years when he was so popular? Compare Amanda and Jim's characters.
Essay Topic 2
Tom says that in high school Jim was a hero and names off all his accomplishments. Does Jim become a hero after visiting the Wingfield residence? What occurs to bring you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Amanda was so quick to accuse Tom of knowing that Jim was engaged and inviting him over regardless? Do you think that she really believed that or was she just angry? Why or why not?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)