|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song Amanda sings what is lemonade good enough for?
2. What does Tom say is the longest space between two spaces?
3. What name does Jim call Emily Meisenbach, the girl he dated in high school?
4. What does Jim say that Tom probably did with the light bill?
5. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
2. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
3. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
4. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
5. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
6. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
7. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
8. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
9. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
10. What does Amanda do when the lights go off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance in the story of showing that Amanda goes to D.A.R. meetings? Amanda mentioned a position that she was getting when she happened to stop into Laura's college. What kind of position do you think she would have been inducted ?
Essay Topic 2
Jim breaks the unicorn in Amanda's glass collection. She says that it may be a blessing because now that one can fit in with the horses and won't be all alone. Do you think that this is a reflection of what Jim did to Amanda? Do you think that he has chipped away the part of her that kept her separate from the others like her? What makes you think that?
Essay Topic 3
Tom says that in high school Jim was a hero and names off all his accomplishments. Does Jim become a hero after visiting the Wingfield residence? What occurs to bring you to this conclusion?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)