|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the cities to?
2. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
3. Where does Jim set the Candelabrum?
4. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
5. What did Jim call Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
2. What does Amanda have Jim do while her and Tom are clearing the table and doing dishes?
3. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
4. What does Amanda do as soon as Jim has left the house?
5. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
6. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
7. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
8. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
9. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
10. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would the family had been better off if Jim had not come to dinner? Would Tom have stayed longer even though he had already paid his dues to The Union of Merchant Seamen? What makes you think this?
Essay Topic 2
Tom tells Amanda that they shouldn't expect to much from Laura. Do you think that Amanda expects to much from Jim's visit or that Tom expected to little? What does it tell us about Tom that he didn't tell Jim about his sister when he invited him over for dinner?
Essay Topic 3
After Tom leaves the apartment he sees Amanda talking to Laura and Laura smiles at her mother. Do you think that Amanda was able to say anything to comfort Laura? What do you believe Amanda said given what we know of her nature?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)