|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim comment about when Laura shakes his hand?
2. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
3. What surprising thing does Jim tell Laura after he has kissed her?
4. Where does Amanda tell Jim that Moses was when the lights went out?
5. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
2. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
3. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
4. When Amanda is getting Laura ready what does she say that Laura couldn't possibly be satisfied with?
5. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
6. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
7. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
8. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
9. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
10. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think happened to Laura after Tom and Jim left the apartment? What do you think became of Amanda? What do you get from the play that leads you to these conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Jim felt anything for Laura? If so what did he do or say to make you think that he did? If not why do you think he kissed Laura?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Amanda was so quick to accuse Tom of knowing that Jim was engaged and inviting him over regardless? Do you think that she really believed that or was she just angry? Why or why not?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)