|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
2. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
3. What refreshment does Amanda bring in to Laura and Jim?
4. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
5. What does Jim say he is going to treasure that Laura gave him?
Essay Topic 1
We are given a lot of background information about Jim from both Laura and Tom. What does it tell us about his nature to have all this information before we even meet the character? What does it tell you about Jim that he has roughly the same job as Tom after succeeding so well in high school?
Essay Topic 2
Would the family had been better off if Jim had not come to dinner? Would Tom have stayed longer even though he had already paid his dues to The Union of Merchant Seamen? What makes you think this?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance in the story of showing that Amanda goes to D.A.R. meetings? Amanda mentioned a position that she was getting when she happened to stop into Laura's college. What kind of position do you think she would have been inducted ?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)