|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim suggest to warm Laura up?
2. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
3. What does Tom compare the cities to?
4. What did Amanda say she did when there was no more room for the flowers she had been picking?
5. What did Jim call Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
2. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
3. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
4. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
5. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
6. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
7. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
8. What does Amanda do as soon as Jim has left the house?
9. What does Amanda do when the lights go off?
10. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
We are given a lot of background information about Jim from both Laura and Tom. What does it tell us about his nature to have all this information before we even meet the character? What does it tell you about Jim that he has roughly the same job as Tom after succeeding so well in high school?
Essay Topic 2
Tom describes the play as being dimly lighted, sentimental and not realistic with music to accompany everything that happens because it is a memory. Do you that these characteristics help to prove the fact that it is a memory? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)