|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom know Jim from before the warehouse?
2. What reason did Amanda say the church, that the Candelabrum came from, was destroyed for?
3. What does he ask Laura for?
4. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
5. What name does Jim call Emily Meisenbach, the girl he dated in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda do as soon as Jim has left the house?
2. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
3. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
4. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
5. What does Amanda have Jim do while her and Tom are clearing the table and doing dishes?
6. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
7. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
8. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
9. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
10. What things does Tom say described what Jim was like and what he did in high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think it is that Amanda try's to control her children the way that she does? Do you believe that she became this way after her husband left or that her behavior caused him to leave. What do you see in the play that makes you think that?
Essay Topic 2
Tom describes the play as being dimly lighted, sentimental and not realistic with music to accompany everything that happens because it is a memory. Do you that these characteristics help to prove the fact that it is a memory? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)