|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the moon that night?
2. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
3. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
4. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
5. How does Amanda intend to get the money she feels they will need?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
2. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
3. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
4. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
5. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
6. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
7. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
8. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
9. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
10. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would the family had been better off if Jim had not come to dinner? Would Tom have stayed longer even though he had already paid his dues to The Union of Merchant Seamen? What makes you think this?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance in the story of showing that Amanda goes to D.A.R. meetings? Amanda mentioned a position that she was getting when she happened to stop into Laura's college. What kind of position do you think she would have been inducted ?
Essay Topic 3
Tom says that in high school Jim was a hero and names off all his accomplishments. Does Jim become a hero after visiting the Wingfield residence? What occurs to bring you to this conclusion?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)