|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
2. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
3. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
4. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
5. What does Tom do with the scarf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
2. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
3. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
4. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
5. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
6. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
7. When and where does the story take place?
8. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
9. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
10. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Amanda was so quick to accuse Tom of knowing that Jim was engaged and inviting him over regardless? Do you think that she really believed that or was she just angry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Tom describes the play as being dimly lighted, sentimental and not realistic with music to accompany everything that happens because it is a memory. Do you that these characteristics help to prove the fact that it is a memory? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance in the story of showing that Amanda goes to D.A.R. meetings? Amanda mentioned a position that she was getting when she happened to stop into Laura's college. What kind of position do you think she would have been inducted ?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)