|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do with the scarf?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
3. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
4. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
5. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
2. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
3. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
4. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
5. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
6. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
7. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
8. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
9. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
10. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think it is that Amanda try's to control her children the way that she does? Do you believe that she became this way after her husband left or that her behavior caused him to leave. What do you see in the play that makes you think that?
Essay Topic 2
Tom tells Amanda that they shouldn't expect to much from Laura. Do you think that Amanda expects to much from Jim's visit or that Tom expected to little? What does it tell us about Tom that he didn't tell Jim about his sister when he invited him over for dinner?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)