|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
2. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
3. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
4. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
5. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
2. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
3. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
4. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
5. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
6. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
7. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
8. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
9. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
10. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
Essay Topic 1
The fact that Tom paid The Union of Merchant Seamen instead of the light bill shows us something about Tom. Do you think that it shows that Tom has had enough and feels like he has to leave or that he has become callous in not caring what happens to his mother and sister? What do you see about Tom that makes you believe this?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance in the story of showing that Amanda goes to D.A.R. meetings? Amanda mentioned a position that she was getting when she happened to stop into Laura's college. What kind of position do you think she would have been inducted ?
Essay Topic 3
Jim kissed Laura and then explained that he was engaged. Do you think that this tarnishes his character? Does it make you think less of him than you did before? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)