|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda use as her porch?
2. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
3. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
4. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
5. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
2. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
3. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
4. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
5. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
6. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
7. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
8. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
9. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
10. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom describes the play as being dimly lighted, sentimental and not realistic with music to accompany everything that happens because it is a memory. Do you that these characteristics help to prove the fact that it is a memory? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Based on what we know of the characters and the stories told about the father what kind of personality can you deduct that he may have had? Describe how you think the courting process went between Amanda and her husband. If you think it is contrary to Amanda's stories then explain why.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think happened to Laura after Tom and Jim left the apartment? What do you think became of Amanda? What do you get from the play that leads you to these conclusions?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)