|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
2. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
3. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
4. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
5. How big is the moon that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
2. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
3. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
4. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
5. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
6. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
7. What is Tom's role in the play?
8. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
9. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
10. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
You are allowed to hear two phone calls that Amanda made while she was trying to sell the magazine subscriptions. What are you able to learn about her character listening to her end of the conversation? Do you think that she was successful in her attempts to sell the subscriptions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Jim felt anything for Laura? If so what did he do or say to make you think that he did? If not why do you think he kissed Laura?
Essay Topic 3
Based on what we know of the characters and the stories told about the father what kind of personality can you deduct that he may have had? Describe how you think the courting process went between Amanda and her husband. If you think it is contrary to Amanda's stories then explain why.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)