|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
2. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
3. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
4. How big is the moon that night?
5. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
2. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
3. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
4. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
5. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
6. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
7. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
8. What is Tom's role in the play?
9. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
10. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
Essay Topic 1
After Tom leaves the apartment he sees Amanda talking to Laura and Laura smiles at her mother. Do you think that Amanda was able to say anything to comfort Laura? What do you believe Amanda said given what we know of her nature?
Essay Topic 2
Tom describes the play as being dimly lighted, sentimental and not realistic with music to accompany everything that happens because it is a memory. Do you that these characteristics help to prove the fact that it is a memory? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)