Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
3. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
4. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
5. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
2. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
3. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
4. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
5. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
6. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
7. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
8. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
9. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think happened to Laura after Tom and Jim left the apartment? What do you think became of Amanda? What do you get from the play that leads you to these conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
Based on what we know of the characters and the stories told about the father what kind of personality can you deduct that he may have had? Describe how you think the courting process went between Amanda and her husband. If you think it is contrary to Amanda's stories then explain why.
Essay Topic 3
When Tom is telling Amanda that Jim is coming over she begins to question him about Jim and if he drinks. Amanda tells Jim that old maids are better off than wives of drunkards. Taking into consideration the time and place do you think that Amanda is right? What would have been the difference between the life of an old maid and the life of a drunkards wife?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)