|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
3. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
4. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
5. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
2. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
3. What is Tom's role in the play?
4. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
5. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
6. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
7. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
8. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
9. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that Jim felt anything for Laura? If so what did he do or say to make you think that he did? If not why do you think he kissed Laura?
Essay Topic 2
Jim kissed Laura and then explained that he was engaged. Do you think that this tarnishes his character? Does it make you think less of him than you did before? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think it is that Amanda try's to control her children the way that she does? Do you believe that she became this way after her husband left or that her behavior caused him to leave. What do you see in the play that makes you think that?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)