|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
2. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
3. What does Amanda say that Tom should have done the minute he accepted Tom's invitation?
4. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
5. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
2. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
3. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
4. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
5. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
6. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
7. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
8. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
9. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
10. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fact that Tom paid The Union of Merchant Seamen instead of the light bill shows us something about Tom. Do you think that it shows that Tom has had enough and feels like he has to leave or that he has become callous in not caring what happens to his mother and sister? What do you see about Tom that makes you believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Jim breaks the unicorn in Amanda's glass collection. She says that it may be a blessing because now that one can fit in with the horses and won't be all alone. Do you think that this is a reflection of what Jim did to Amanda? Do you think that he has chipped away the part of her that kept her separate from the others like her? What makes you think that?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)