|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
2. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
3. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
4. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
5. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
2. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
3. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
4. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
5. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
6. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
7. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
8. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
9. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
10. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom says that in high school Jim was a hero and names off all his accomplishments. Does Jim become a hero after visiting the Wingfield residence? What occurs to bring you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
After Tom leaves the apartment he sees Amanda talking to Laura and Laura smiles at her mother. Do you think that Amanda was able to say anything to comfort Laura? What do you believe Amanda said given what we know of her nature?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Tom and Laura. What is it about their temperaments that have made them react so differently to Amanda? Do you think it is possible that she treats Laura and Tom differently? If so why and how?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)