|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say he is that he did not intend to be?
2. What does Laura remember about her brace?
(a) It had to be oiled
(b) It clumped loudly
(c) It hurt
(d) People made fun of it
3. What types does Jim say that he and Tom are not?
(c) Yes sir
4. Who provides Amanda a match when the lights go out?
(b) No one
5. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
(a) Second Saturday in June
(b) Last week in July
(c) Middle of August
(d) First day of March
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Laura give for not coming to the table?
2. What does Amanda give Jim in addition to the candelabrum to take to Laura in the parlor?
3. In the song Amanda sings what is lemonade good enough for?
4. What does Jim comment about when Laura shakes his hand?
5. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
2. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
3. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
4. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
5. What things does Tom say described what Jim was like and what he did in high school?
6. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
7. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
8. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
9. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
10. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)