|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides Amanda a match when the lights go out?
(d) No one
2. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
(a) The rain starts
(b) It gets to dark
(c) Dinner is ready
(d) Bed time
3. What did Amanda say she did when there was no more room for the flowers she had been picking?
(a) Amanda would hold them
(b) Put them in the sink
(c) Put them on the porch
(d) Throw them away
4. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
(a) Radio Engineering
(b) Tap Dancing
(d) Public Speaking
5. What does Amanda claim science creates more of rather than clears up?
(d) Church confusion
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the church where the Candelabrum came from?
2. What surprising thing does Jim tell Laura after he has kissed her?
3. What sickness did Amanda have the spring she met her husband?
4. What class did Laura and Jim have together in high school?
5. Why does Laura have to let Tom and Jim in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
2. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
3. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
4. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
5. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
6. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
7. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
8. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
9. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
10. What do Jim and Amanda say about candlelight?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)