|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
(a) The fuses
(b) The neighbors lights
(c) The wires
(d) The switches
2. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
(a) Watering herself
(b) Bathing herself
(c) Baptizing herself
(d) Ruining her dress
3. Where does Jim sit down?
(d) He doesn't sit down
4. Where are the candles when the lights go out?
(a) In the hallway
(b) In Amanda's bedroom
(c) In the kitchen
(d) On the table
5. What does Jim say that Tom probably did with the light bill?
(a) Burned it
(b) Forgot it
(c) Lost it
(d) Wrote a poem on it
Short Answer Questions
1. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
2. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
3. What symptoms did Amanda say she had while she was sick the spring she met her husband?
4. What does Tom say the world is lit by now?
5. What surprising thing does Jim tell Laura after he has kissed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
2. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
3. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
4. What do Jim and Amanda say about candlelight?
5. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
6. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
7. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
8. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
9. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
10. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)