|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
(a) The switches
(b) The neighbors lights
(c) The fuses
(d) The wires
2. Where does Jim sit down?
(a) He doesn't sit down
3. What sickness did Amanda have the spring she met her husband?
(d) Malaria fever
4. What does Jim say he is as comfortable as?
5. What does he ask Laura for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
2. What does Amanda claim science creates more of rather than clears up?
3. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
4. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
5. Whose steps does Tom say he followed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
2. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
3. When Amanda is getting Laura ready what does she say that Laura couldn't possibly be satisfied with?
4. What things does Tom say described what Jim was like and what he did in high school?
5. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
6. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
7. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
8. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
9. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
10. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)