|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising thing does Jim tell Laura after he has kissed her?
(a) He is engaged
(b) He is moving
(c) He is ill
(d) He has a wife
2. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
3. What is Jim doing at the door while he is whistling?
(a) Kicking at his shoes
(b) Patting down his hair
(c) Scratching inside his ear
(d) Looking for a cigarette
4. What does Jim tell Tom is the difference between them and the men in the office down front?
(c) Social Poise
5. What does Jim tell Amanda he has to leave for?
(a) To get his sister
(b) To pick up Betty
(c) He has work in the morning
(d) His mother worries
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amanda tell Jim that Moses was when the lights went out?
2. Who provides Amanda a match when the lights go out?
3. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
4. What does Tom say the world is lit by now?
5. What does Tom tell Jim he is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Tom couldn't leave Laura behind?
2. When Amanda is getting Laura ready what does she say that Laura couldn't possibly be satisfied with?
3. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
4. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
5. What does Amanda have Jim do while her and Tom are clearing the table and doing dishes?
6. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
7. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
8. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
9. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
10. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)