|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says grace at the Table?
2. What does he ask Laura for?
3. What name does Jim call Emily Meisenbach, the girl he dated in high school?
4. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
(a) Baptizing herself
(b) Ruining her dress
(c) Watering herself
(d) Bathing herself
5. What bill did Tom not pay so that he could pay the dues for the Union of Merchant Seamen?
(b) Light Bill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom have to do because he didn't pay the light bill?
2. What month did Amanda say it was when she was picking flowers with her gentlemen callers?
3. What does Tom compare the cities to?
4. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
5. What does Amanda say about Laura drinking a little wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jim and Amanda say about candlelight?
2. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
3. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
4. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
5. What does Amanda do as soon as Jim has left the house?
6. What does Amanda have Jim do while her and Tom are clearing the table and doing dishes?
7. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
8. What does Laura say to Jim before he recognizes her?
9. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
10. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)