|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim doing at the door while he is whistling?
(a) Kicking at his shoes
(b) Scratching inside his ear
(c) Looking for a cigarette
(d) Patting down his hair
2. Which of the following was Jim not involved in during high school?
(d) Glee club
3. What does Laura remember about her brace?
(a) It had to be oiled
(b) It clumped loudly
(c) People made fun of it
(d) It hurt
4. What does Amanda give Jim in addition to the candelabrum to take to Laura in the parlor?
5. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
(a) Future World
(b) Hall of Science
(c) Tommorow's Plans
(d) Walk of Dreams
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
2. What did the brace on Laura's leg sound like in her mind?
3. What does Amanda claim science creates more of rather than clears up?
4. Whose steps does Tom say he followed in?
5. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim on friendly terms with Tom at the warehouse and he feel that Tom is valuable to him?
2. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
3. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
4. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
5. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
6. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
7. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
8. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
9. What things does Tom say described what Jim was like and what he did in high school?
10. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)