|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
(a) The Century of Progress
(b) A ball game
(c) The World of Advancement
(d) The Time of Continuation
2. What day did Amanda wear her dress for her gentlemen callers?
3. Where did Tom know Jim from before the warehouse?
(b) They dated the same girl
(c) Family friend
(d) High school
4. Where does Amanda accuse Tom of living?
(a) In a bunch of lies
(b) In a fantasy
(c) In a dream
(d) In his own world
5. What does Jim say that Tom probably did with the light bill?
(a) Forgot it
(b) Wrote a poem on it
(c) Lost it
(d) Burned it
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song Amanda sings what is lemonade good enough for?
2. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
3. What reason does Laura give for having cold hands?
4. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
5. What was Tom fired for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
2. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
3. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
4. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
5. What does Amanda do when the lights go off?
6. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
7. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
8. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
9. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
10. What do Jim and Amanda say about candlelight?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)