|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Amanda say the church, that the Candelabrum came from, was destroyed for?
(c) Card parties
(d) Sinfull acts
2. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(b) Babe Ruth
(c) Dizzy Dean
(d) Mayor Thompson
3. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(a) His mother
(d) His father
4. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
(a) Maraschino cherries
(c) Cinnamon cloves
(d) Sliced lemons
5. What does Amanda call the powder puffs she puts in Laura's dress at the bosom area?
(a) Hopeful Hints
(b) Happy Liars
(c) Gay Deceivers
(d) False Hopes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the candles when the lights go out?
2. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
3. What did Amanda give Tom a little extra change that morning?
4. What bill did Tom not pay so that he could pay the dues for the Union of Merchant Seamen?
5. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
2. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
3. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
4. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
5. When Amanda is getting Laura ready what does she say that Laura couldn't possibly be satisfied with?
6. Why does Jim explain to Amanda that Laura looks so serious?
7. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
8. What does Amanda do as soon as Jim has left the house?
9. What is the significance of the flowers that Amanda comes in holding after she has changed into her dress?
10. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)