|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
(a) Last week in July
(b) Middle of August
(c) First day of March
(d) Second Saturday in June
2. Which of the following was Jim not involved in during high school?
(c) Glee club
3. Where does Amanda say that the Candelabrum came from?
(a) First Baptist Church
(b) Antique store
(c) Church of the Heavenly Rest
(d) Her wedding
4. What does Tom say he is that he did not intend to be?
5. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
(a) She feels faint
(b) She hates Jim
(c) She is sick
(d) She is terrified
Short Answer Questions
1. What sickness did Amanda have the spring she met her husband?
2. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
3. What does Tom compare the cities to?
4. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
5. What happened to the church where the Candelabrum came from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laura say to Jim before he recognizes her?
2. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
3. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
4. What does Amanda do when the lights go off?
5. What does Tom tell Jim about The Union of Merchant Seamen?
6. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
7. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
8. Why did Laura go to all three of Jim's high school choir performances of The Pirates of Penzance?
9. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
10. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)