|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
(a) Sliced lemons
(b) Maraschino cherries
(c) Cinnamon cloves
2. What does Tom compare the cities to?
(a) Empty promises
(b) Wispered reminder
(c) Lost friend
(d) Dead leaves
3. Why does Laura have to let Tom and Jim in the house?
(a) Tom forgot his keys
(b) Amanda had put on an extra lock
(c) To make a grand appearance
(d) Tom is to lazy to unlock it
4. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
(b) Tap Dancing
(c) Radio Engineering
(d) Public Speaking
5. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(b) Mayor Thompson
(c) Babe Ruth
(d) Dizzy Dean
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
2. Where does Amanda tell Jim that Moses was when the lights went out?
3. What was Tom fired for?
4. What reason does Laura give for not coming to the table?
5. What bill did Tom not pay so that he could pay the dues for the Union of Merchant Seamen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amanda tell Tom to go when he announces he is leaving?
2. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
3. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
4. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
5. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
6. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
7. What happens to Laura when she learns who it is that is coming to dinner with Tom?
8. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
9. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
10. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)