|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the candles when the lights go out?
(a) On the table
(b) In Amanda's bedroom
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the hallway
2. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
(a) She is sick
(b) She is terrified
(c) She hates Jim
(d) She feels faint
3. What is Tom holding when Amanda calls him into the living room?
(a) Biscuit and wine
(b) Donut and coffee
(c) Macaroon and lemonade
(d) Bread and tea
4. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(a) Babe Ruth
(b) Mayor Thompson
(d) Dizzy Dean
5. Where does Amanda say that the Candelabrum came from?
(a) Church of the Heavenly Rest
(b) Antique store
(c) Her wedding
(d) First Baptist Church
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say he is tired of?
2. What is Jim doing at the door while he is whistling?
3. What day did Amanda wear her dress for her gentlemen callers?
4. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
5. What color is the sash on Amanda's dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
2. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
3. What does Jim try to convince Tom would be a good course for Tom at the college?
4. What does Jim remember about Laura from school as apposed to what she remembers.
5. What sights in Chicago does Jim talk about?
6. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
7. What does Amanda blame Laura's weakness on when she comes to the table and has to be taken to the couch?
8. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
9. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
10. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)