|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Had a heart attack
(b) Moved far away
(c) Was shot though the stomach
(d) Left her standing at the altar
2. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
(a) A fat lady and the usher
(b) A woman and her husband
(c) A cop and a donut salesman
(d) A homeless man and a little boy
3. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(b) Studying her typing
(d) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
4. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
(a) A saucer
(b) A dishtowel
(c) A piece of cake
5. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
(a) An old love letter
(b) A locket with Amanda's hair inside
(c) A lucky rabits foot
(d) A picture of Amanda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
2. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
4. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
5. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
2. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
3. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
4. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
5. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
6. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
7. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
8. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
9. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
10. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)