|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
(a) A Rash in the shape of a flower
2. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida renews her subscription
(b) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(c) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
(d) Ida says no thank you
3. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
(a) Her Lonliness
(b) Her Poverty
(c) Her Political Ambitions
(d) Her Devotion
4. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
(a) Thirty dollars
(b) Twenty dollars
(c) Fifteen dollars
(d) Fifty dollars
5. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Tornado or Flood
(c) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
(d) Accident or Fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
2. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
3. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
4. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
5. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
3. When and where does the story take place?
4. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
5. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
6. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
7. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
8. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
9. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
10. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)