|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the boy that Laura states she liked once?
2. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(c) Go for a brisk walk
(d) Apply makeup and perfume
3. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
(a) When he is married
(c) When he brings home more money
(d) When he appologizes
4. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Fancy Furniture
(b) Extra Money
(c) Extra Phone
(d) Nice Wig
5. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) He will have a good time
(c) They will worry
(d) He will jeopardize his job
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
2. What does Tom do with the scarf?
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
4. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
5. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
2. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
3. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
4. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
5. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
6. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
7. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
8. What is Tom's role in the play?
9. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
10. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)