|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Throws it out the window
(b) Spits on it
(c) Tears it into pieces
(d) Burns it
2. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
3. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
(a) A dishtowel
(c) A piece of cake
(d) A saucer
4. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) Learning to dance
(b) Working at a refinery
(c) At the library
5. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Left her standing at the altar
(b) Had a heart attack
(c) Moved far away
(d) Was shot though the stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
2. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
3. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
4. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
5. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
2. What do Jim and Amanda say about candlelight?
3. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
4. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
5. What does Laura say to Jim before he recognizes her?
6. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
7. Describe Amanda's mannerisms and look when she enters the the room to talk to Jim and Tom in scene six.
8. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
9. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
10. When and where does the story take place?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)