|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
(a) A challenge
(b) A little defect
(c) A worry
(d) A problem
2. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Past away
(b) Moved away
(c) Became politicians
(d) Got married
3. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
(a) Too Short
(b) Have Worn Holes
(c) Too Tight
(d) Too Long
4. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(b) She has never heard of such a student
(c) Laura has started teaching the class
(d) Laura switched classes.
5. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Door step
(b) Neighbor's porch
(c) Park bench
(d) Fire escape landing
Short Answer Questions
1. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
2. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
3. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
4. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
5. Why does Amanda state she knows Tom isn't going to the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
3. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
4. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
5. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
6. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
7. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
8. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
9. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
10. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)