|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(d) Apply makeup and perfume
2. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
(a) She fell on the floor
(b) She was robbed on her way home
(c) She fainted
(d) She broke down completely
3. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
(a) Be boring
(b) Be black and white
(d) Fade in and out
4. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
(a) Too Tight
(b) Have Worn Holes
(c) Too Short
(d) Too Long
5. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
(a) His hiccups
(b) His slurred speach
(c) His unsteadiness
(d) The smell on his clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
2. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
3. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
4. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
5. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
2. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
3. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
4. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
5. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
6. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
7. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
8. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
9. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
10. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)