|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Scarf
(b) A Hat
(c) A Rabbit
(d) A Wand
2. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Fix the heater
(b) Clean the house
(c) Make her a pie
(d) Appologize to his mother
3. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(b) Fifty dollars tuition
(c) Their plans
(d) Lifes Work
4. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
5. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
(b) Be black and white
(c) Be boring
(d) Fade in and out
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda want Tom to look for at work?
2. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
3. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
4. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
5. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does the story take place?
2. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
3. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
4. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
5. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
6. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
7. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
8. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
9. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)