|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Left her standing at the altar
(b) Had a heart attack
(c) Moved far away
(d) Was shot though the stomach
2. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) She has never heard of such a student
(b) Laura switched classes.
(c) Laura has started teaching the class
(d) That Laura dropped out after a few days
3. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Wraps it around his head
(b) Gives it to Laura
(c) Burns it
(d) Puts it in a package for his mother
4. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(a) Only one
(b) To many to count
5. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Extra Phone
(b) Fancy Furniture
(c) Nice Wig
(d) Extra Money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
2. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
3. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
4. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
5. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
2. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
3. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
4. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
5. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
6. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
7. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
8. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
9. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
10. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)