|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to poor
(b) That she is to ugly
(c) That she is a cripple
(d) That she is to old
2. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(b) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
(c) Ida renews her subscription
(d) Ida says no thank you
3. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) Laura switched classes.
(b) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(c) Laura has started teaching the class
(d) She has never heard of such a student
4. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(b) Studying her typing
(d) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
5. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She slipped
(b) She saw a shoe sale
(c) She saw a spider
(d) She shut the door on her finger
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
2. What does Amanda want Tom to look for at work?
3. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
4. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
5. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
2. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
3. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
4. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
5. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
6. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
7. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
8. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
9. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
10. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)