|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(a) Only one
(c) To many to count
2. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(a) Got a raise
(b) Took a new position
(c) Invited over a man for Laura
3. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(b) Apply makeup and perfume
(c) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(d) Go for a brisk walk
4. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(a) Pink Flower
(c) Funny Girl
(d) Blue Roses
5. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
(a) An Obsession
(c) A good idea
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
2. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
4. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
5. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda say that she is rejuvenated that night?
2. What does Amanda do when the lights go off?
3. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
4. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
5. What does Jim tell Laura about being old-fashioned?
6. What does Amanda say about the supper that has been prepared?
7. What does Jim stat might have happened to the light bill Amanda gave to Tom?
8. What are the names Tom tells his mother that he is called at the opium dens?
9. What does Jim advise Laura to remember about getting to know people and being shy?
10. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)