|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
2. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
3. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Fancy Furniture
(b) Extra Phone
(c) Extra Money
(d) Nice Wig
4. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) At the library
(c) Working at a refinery
(d) Learning to dance
5. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Why? Why?
(b) Pain! Pain!
(c) Wrong. Wrong.
(d) Deception? Deception?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say that Tom should have done the minute he accepted Tom's invitation?
2. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
3. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
4. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
5. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
2. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
3. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
4. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
5. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
6. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
7. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
8. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
9. What is Tom's role in the play?
10. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)