|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
(a) They think Laura is poor
(b) Laura told them not to come
(c) Laura isn't popular
(d) The State Fair is in progress
2. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(a) Only one
(d) To many to count
3. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
(c) A Rash in the shape of a flower
4. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Go for a brisk walk
(b) Apply makeup and perfume
(c) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(d) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
5. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
(a) Have Worn Holes
(b) Too Short
(c) Too Tight
(d) Too Long
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
2. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
3. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
4. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
5. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
2. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
3. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
4. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
5. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
6. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
7. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
8. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
9. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
10. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)