|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
(b) Her Children Leaving Home
(d) That Laura will be an old maid
2. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
(a) Twenty dollars
(b) Fifteen dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Thirty dollars
3. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Left her standing at the altar
(b) Was shot though the stomach
(c) Had a heart attack
(d) Moved far away
4. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(b) Things he is ashamed of
(c) Going to Church
5. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Fancy Furniture
(b) Nice Wig
(c) Extra Phone
(d) Extra Money
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
2. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
3. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
4. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
5. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
2. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
3. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
4. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
5. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
6. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
7. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
8. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
9. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
10. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)