|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda state she knows Tom isn't going to the movies?
(a) She can tell when her son is lying
(b) Because of the late hour
(c) She checks for movie stubs
(d) She follows him
2. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(b) Fifty dollars tuition
(c) Their plans
(d) Lifes Work
3. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Apply makeup and perfume
(d) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
4. Who is the boy that Laura states she liked once?
5. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
(a) A worry
(b) A challenge
(c) A problem
(d) A little defect
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
2. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
3. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
4. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
5. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
2. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
3. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
4. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
5. What are some of the things Tom lists that he hates about the warehouse?
6. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
7. How does Amanda describe the majority of her suitors and what became of them?
8. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
9. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)