|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
(a) The phone is broken
(b) He hits his mother
(c) He knocks a piture off the mantle
(d) Laura's glass menagerie is broken
2. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) They are going out
(c) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(d) For Laura's gentlemen callers
3. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
(a) Book club meeting
(b) Local theater club
(c) D.A.R. meeting
(d) Women's liberation meeting
4. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Became politicians
(b) Got married
(c) Moved away
(d) Past away
5. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
(a) Laura told them not to come
(b) The State Fair is in progress
(c) They think Laura is poor
(d) Laura isn't popular
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
2. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
3. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
4. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
5. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
3. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
4. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
5. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
6. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
7. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
8. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
9. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
10. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)