|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(b) Go to the movies
2. How big is the moon that night?
(a) No moon
(b) Small sliver
(c) Can't see the moon for the clouds
3. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(a) Blue Roses
(b) Pink Flower
(d) Funny Girl
4. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) The latest gossip
(b) Anything of intrest
(c) Things of importance going on in the world
(d) Whatever came to mind
5. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
(a) With Friends
(b) On a Date
(c) Dance Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
2. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
3. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
4. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
5. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
3. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
4. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
5. When and where does the story take place?
6. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
7. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
8. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
9. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
10. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)