|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Neighbor's porch
(b) Fire escape landing
(c) Park bench
(d) Door step
2. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
(a) Be Happy
(b) Brush his teeth
(c) Get Dressed
3. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Rabbit
(b) A Wand
(c) A Scarf
(d) A Hat
4. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
(c) Rubicam's Business College
5. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to poor
(b) That she is a cripple
(c) That she is to old
(d) That she is to ugly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
2. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
3. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
4. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
5. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
2. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
3. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
4. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
5. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
6. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
7. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
8. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
9. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
10. When and where does the story take place?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)