|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(a) Got a raise
(c) Invited over a man for Laura
(d) Took a new position
2. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A policeman
(c) A engineer
(d) A doctor
3. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
(a) Be Happy
(b) Get Dressed
(d) Brush his teeth
4. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(c) Things he is ashamed of
(d) Going to Church
5. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda use as her porch?
2. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
3. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
4. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
5. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
3. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
4. When and where does the story take place?
5. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
6. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
7. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
8. Where does Amanda tell Tom that most people get their adventure at?
9. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
10. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)