|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Got married
(b) Moved away
(c) Became politicians
(d) Past away
2. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(a) That's one less thing to dust
(c) For Tom to clean it up
(d) For him to appologize to Laura
3. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Whatever came to mind
(b) The latest gossip
(c) Things of importance going on in the world
(d) Anything of intrest
4. How big is the moon that night?
(a) No moon
(c) Can't see the moon for the clouds
(d) Small sliver
5. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) He will have a good time
(c) They will worry
(d) He will jeopardize his job
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
2. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
3. Amanda tells Tom he has a temperament like what?
4. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
5. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
2. How is the play conducted to show that it is a memory?
3. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
4. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
5. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
6. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
7. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
8. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
9. In what way does Amanda tell Tom she wouldn't mind him emulating his father?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)