|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
(b) With Friends
(c) On a Date
(d) Dance Hall
2. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
(a) Her Children Leaving Home
(c) That Laura will be an old maid
3. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
(a) The phone is broken
(b) He knocks a piture off the mantle
(c) Laura's glass menagerie is broken
(d) He hits his mother
4. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) They will worry
(c) He will jeopardize his job
(d) He will have a good time
5. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He exercises
(b) He goes to night-school
(c) He reads self-help books
(d) He worries about his appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
2. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
3. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
4. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
5. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
2. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
3. What is the significance of Malvolio the Magician that Tom watches perform?
4. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
5. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
6. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
7. When and where does the story take place?
8. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
9. Why does Laura want Tom to apologize to Amanda?
10. What does Amanda seem concerned about when she learns that Laura has dropped out of college?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)