|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
(a) They were talented.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) They were popular.
(d) They were going to college.
2. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Someone at the door
(b) Kids are crying
(c) Getting another call
(d) Something burning in the oven
3. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Very Old Bathrobe
(b) Cocktail Dress
(d) Winter Coat
4. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
(a) She fell on the floor
(b) She broke down completely
(c) She fainted
(d) She was robbed on her way home
5. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) They will worry
(c) He will jeopardize his job
(d) He will have a good time
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
2. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
3. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
4. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
5. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Tom he could afford if he would quit smoking?
2. What is Tom's role in the play?
3. What does Tom warn Amanda about the gentleman caller that he has invited over?
4. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
5. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
6. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
7. What reasons does Tom give for them not expecting to much of Laura in regards to the gentleman caller?
8. What are some of the things that Amanda wants Laura to do instead of clearing the table in scene one?
9. Why does Jim stick in Laura's mind so much when she only knew him in high school?
10. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)