|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Kids are crying
(b) Getting another call
(c) Someone at the door
(d) Something burning in the oven
2. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Apply makeup and perfume
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
3. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
(a) Jarred Davies O'Maley
(b) Jamed Delaney O'Connor
(c) Fredrick Martin Maclintock
(d) Shawn Thornton
4. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Puts it in a package for his mother
(b) Gives it to Laura
(c) Burns it
(d) Wraps it around his head
5. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
(a) The suffering look on Amanda's face
(b) Her classmates
(c) Her brother's tears
(d) The neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
2. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
3. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
4. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
5. What does Amanda use as her porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda ask Tom to do for Laura?
2. What does Amanda tell Tom to wait on before he leaves for the merchant marines?
3. Describe the places where Laura visits while she was supposed to be in her college classes.
4. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
5. What does Tom tell Amanda that they are going to have the following night?
6. What does Amanda tell Laura she needs to cultivate?
7. At the end of scene three what does Tom say to Amanda that makes her angry?
8. What do Tom and Amanda wish for on the moon in scene five?
9. Why are some of the things Tom and Amanda fighting at the start of scene three?
10. What is the reason that Laura quit her college classes?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)