|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
(a) His Hat
(b) A Piece of Paper
(c) The Keys
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Dance around the room
(b) Help her with the cleaning
(c) Make a wish on the moon
(d) Play a record
3. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
4. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
(a) It scares the cat
(b) It catches the rug on fire
(c) It burns him
(d) It falls through the cracks
5. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Throws it out the window
(b) Tears it into pieces
(c) Burns it
(d) Spits on it
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
2. What does Amanda use as her porch?
3. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
4. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
5. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim say when he realizes that Amanda is making long term plans for him being a caller on Laura?
2. Describe what Amanda wears to her D.A.R. meetings.
3. Why does she tell Jim that he should look at the fuse box and not Tom?
4. What was it that made Jim and Tom friends at the warehouse?
5. What does Jim warn Tom about referring to the conversation with Mr. Mendoza?
6. What reasons are discussed for the lack of gentlemen callers that Laura will be receiving that evening in scene one?
7. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
8. Amanda doesn't believe that Tom goes to the movies every night. What does she allude to that she believes Tom is doing?
9. Why do you think Tom apologizes to Amanda?
10. What is Amanda worried will happen if Tom happens to leave?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)