|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
(a) His good charm
(b) Being a match for Laura
(c) Her entertainment
(d) His wit
2. What does Laura ask Jim if he kept up with?
(b) Chasing girls
(d) Ball playing
3. What does Laura remember about her brace?
(a) It clumped loudly
(b) It had to be oiled
(c) People made fun of it
(d) It hurt
4. What does Jim tell Amanda he has to leave for?
(a) To pick up Betty
(b) To get his sister
(c) His mother worries
(d) He has work in the morning
5. What does Jim say that Tom probably did with the light bill?
(a) Lost it
(b) Wrote a poem on it
(c) Burned it
(d) Forgot it
6. What reason does Laura give for having cold hands?
(a) Playing the Victrola
(b) Washing in cold water
(c) Playing cards
(d) Fixing cold drinks
7. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(c) His mother
(d) His father
8. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
(a) Walk of Dreams
(b) Hall of Science
(c) Tommorow's Plans
(d) Future World
9. What reason did Amanda say the church, that the Candelabrum came from, was destroyed for?
(b) Sinfull acts
(d) Card parties
10. Where does Jim set the Candelabrum?
11. Where is the fuse box located?
(a) In the hallway
(b) In the bedroom
(c) Next to the stove
(d) By the refrigerator
12. What does Jim tell Tom is the difference between them and the men in the office down front?
(a) Social Poise
13. Whose steps does Tom say he followed in?
(a) His own
(b) His sisters
(c) His mothers
(d) His fathers
14. What does he ask Laura for?
15. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(a) Dizzy Dean
(b) Mayor Thompson
(c) Babe Ruth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say about Candlelight?
2. What did Jim call Tom?
3. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
4. What color is the sash on Amanda's dress?
5. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)