|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(b) Babe Ruth
(c) Mayor Thompson
(d) Dizzy Dean
2. What reason does Tom give for Laura acting the way she does?
(a) Laura is nervous
(b) Laura left something on the stove
(c) Laura hates visitors
(d) Laura is terribly shy
3. What refreshment does Amanda bring in to Laura and Jim?
(a) Sweet tea
4. Where does Amanda say that the Candelabrum came from?
(a) Antique store
(b) Her wedding
(c) First Baptist Church
(d) Church of the Heavenly Rest
5. What does Tom say he is that he did not intend to be?
6. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
(a) Hall of Science
(b) Tommorow's Plans
(c) Walk of Dreams
(d) Future World
7. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
(a) The wires
(b) The fuses
(c) The switches
(d) The neighbors lights
8. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
(a) She is terrified
(b) She is sick
(c) She hates Jim
(d) She feels faint
9. What reason does Laura give for having cold hands?
(a) Playing the Victrola
(b) Playing cards
(c) Washing in cold water
(d) Fixing cold drinks
10. What does Jim say he is as comfortable as?
11. What does Tom say the world is lit by now?
12. What kind of wine does Jim give Laura?
13. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
(a) Betty's house
(b) Bus stop
(c) Wabash Depot
(d) Front of the warehouse
14. What did Amanda say she did when there was no more room for the flowers she had been picking?
(a) Put them in the sink
(b) Throw them away
(c) Amanda would hold them
(d) Put them on the porch
15. Which of the following was Jim not involved in during high school?
(a) Glee club
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
2. What does Jim say is one of the sights in Chicago?
3. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
4. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
5. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)