|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
2. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
(a) The Time of Continuation
(b) The World of Advancement
(c) A ball game
(d) The Century of Progress
3. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
(a) A trap
(b) A riddle
(c) A lie
(d) A joke
4. Where does Amanda tell Jim that Moses was when the lights went out?
(a) In the desert
(b) In trouble
(c) In Egypt
(d) In the dark
5. What does Jim set under the candles to catch the drippings?
(b) Table cloth
6. What name does Jim call Emily Meisenbach, the girl he dated in high school?
7. Which of the following was Jim not involved in during high school?
(c) Glee club
8. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
(a) Because the dress is poorly made
(b) To look more becoming
(c) To bring attention to the dress design
(d) Because her chest is flat
9. What sickness did Amanda have the spring she met her husband?
(c) Malaria fever
10. In the song Amanda sings what is lemonade good enough for?
(b) You and Me
(c) Kings and Queens
(d) Any old maid
11. What does Jim tell Tom is the difference between them and the men in the office down front?
(c) Social Poise
12. What does Jim suggest to warm Laura up?
(a) Play swing music
(b) Rub them together
(c) Go for a jog
(d) Put on a shawl
13. Where does Jim have to pick Betty up at?
(a) Bus stop
(b) Betty's house
(c) Wabash Depot
(d) Front of the warehouse
14. What does Tom tell Jim he is planning?
(a) Nigh School
15. What bill did Tom not pay so that he could pay the dues for the Union of Merchant Seamen?
(b) Light Bill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
2. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
3. Where are the candles when the lights go out?
4. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
5. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)