|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class did Laura and Jim have together in high school?
(a) Oral Communication
2. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(a) His mother
(d) His father
3. What does Laura remember about her brace?
(a) People made fun of it
(b) It hurt
(c) It had to be oiled
(d) It clumped loudly
4. What color is the sash on Amanda's dress?
5. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
(a) Amanda will be busy
(b) Amanda will be in the bath
(c) Amanda hates answering the door
(d) So that Laura can see Jim
6. What did Amanda say she did when there was no more room for the flowers she had been picking?
(a) Amanda would hold them
(b) Put them in the sink
(c) Put them on the porch
(d) Throw them away
7. What does Laura ask Jim if he kept up with?
(a) Ball playing
(b) Chasing girls
8. Where is the fuse box located?
(a) By the refrigerator
(b) In the bedroom
(c) Next to the stove
(d) In the hallway
9. What does Jim suggest to warm Laura up?
(a) Go for a jog
(b) Rub them together
(c) Play swing music
(d) Put on a shawl
10. What symptoms did Amanda say she had while she was sick the spring she met her husband?
(a) Sick to her stomach
(b) little temperature all the time
(d) High temperature on and off
11. Who does Jim say was talking to him about Tom?
(a) Mr. Mendoza
(b) The Mayor
(c) Mr. Goodenburg
(d) Mr. Alanzo
12. What does Jim say is one of the sights in Chicago?
(a) Wrigley Building
(b) Statue of Liberty
(c) Wrigley Field
(d) Sears Tower
13. What does Tom have to do because he didn't pay the light bill?
(b) Clear the table
(d) Make refreshments
14. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
(a) The switches
(b) The fuses
(c) The neighbors lights
(d) The wires
15. What did Jim call Tom?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
2. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
3. What did Jim see while in Chicago that was what future America will be like?
4. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
5. What day did Amanda wear her dress for her gentlemen callers?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)