|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
(a) Public Speaking
(c) Tap Dancing
(d) Radio Engineering
2. What is Tom holding when Amanda calls him into the living room?
(a) Biscuit and wine
(b) Donut and coffee
(c) Bread and tea
(d) Macaroon and lemonade
3. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
(b) Mayor Thompson
(c) Dizzy Dean
(d) Babe Ruth
4. What is Amanda making the dressing to go with?
(c) Roast Duck
5. What types does Jim say that he and Tom are not?
(b) Yes sir
6. What reason does Laura give for having cold hands?
(a) Fixing cold drinks
(b) Washing in cold water
(c) Playing the Victrola
(d) Playing cards
7. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
(a) Because her chest is flat
(b) Because the dress is poorly made
(c) To bring attention to the dress design
(d) To look more becoming
8. What is Jim doing at the door while he is whistling?
(a) Scratching inside his ear
(b) Looking for a cigarette
(c) Kicking at his shoes
(d) Patting down his hair
9. As Tom steps out of the house where does Amanda tell him to go?
(a) The bar
(b) Anywhere but there
(c) The movies
(d) The moon
10. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
(a) Bathing herself
(b) Ruining her dress
(c) Baptizing herself
(d) Watering herself
11. What refreshment does Amanda bring in to Laura and Jim?
(c) Sweet tea
12. What does Tom compare the cities to?
(a) Dead leaves
(b) Lost friend
(c) Wispered reminder
(d) Empty promises
13. When does Jim say he and Betty are getting married?
(a) Middle of August
(b) Second Saturday in June
(c) First day of March
(d) Last week in July
14. Which of the following was Jim not involved in during high school?
(b) Glee club
15. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
(a) A ball game
(b) The Time of Continuation
(c) The World of Advancement
(d) The Century of Progress
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says grace at the Table?
2. What does Tom have to do because he didn't pay the light bill?
3. What does Amanda say has happened to make her ill?
4. What does Laura ask Jim if he kept up with?
5. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)