|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom know Jim from before the warehouse?
(a) They dated the same girl
(b) High school
(d) Family friend
2. What symptoms did Amanda say she had while she was sick the spring she met her husband?
(a) little temperature all the time
(c) Sick to her stomach
(d) High temperature on and off
3. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(c) His mother
(d) His father
4. What does Jim tell Amanda he has to leave for?
(a) His mother worries
(b) He has work in the morning
(c) To get his sister
(d) To pick up Betty
5. What refreshment does Amanda bring in to Laura and Jim?
(a) Sweet tea
6. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
7. What does Jim say about Candlelight?
(a) It's eerie
(b) It is romantic
(c) It's his favorite
(d) It gives him a headache
8. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
(a) The World of Advancement
(b) The Century of Progress
(c) A ball game
(d) The Time of Continuation
9. What does Amanda call the powder puffs she puts in Laura's dress at the bosom area?
(a) Happy Liars
(b) False Hopes
(c) Gay Deceivers
(d) Hopeful Hints
10. What did Amanda say she did when there was no more room for the flowers she had been picking?
(a) Throw them away
(b) Amanda would hold them
(c) Put them in the sink
(d) Put them on the porch
11. What reason does Tom give for Laura acting the way she does?
(a) Laura is terribly shy
(b) Laura left something on the stove
(c) Laura hates visitors
(d) Laura is nervous
12. What does Jim comment about when Laura shakes his hand?
(a) Her perfume
(b) Her dress
(c) Her cold hand
(d) Strong grip
13. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
(a) A joke
(b) A riddle
(c) A trap
(d) A lie
14. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
(a) Amanda will be in the bath
(b) Amanda will be busy
(c) Amanda hates answering the door
(d) So that Laura can see Jim
15. Why did Laura come in late to class everyday in high school?
(a) She hated school
(b) Over slept
(c) She had to walk to school
(d) Her leg brace
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say he is that he did not intend to be?
2. What was Tom fired for?
3. What reason did Amanda say the church, that the Candelabrum came from, was destroyed for?
4. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
5. Who says grace at the Table?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)