|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim set the Candelabrum?
2. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(b) His father
(d) His mother
3. What did Jim go to Chicago to see?
(a) The Time of Continuation
(b) The Century of Progress
(c) The World of Advancement
(d) A ball game
4. What does Jim set under the candles to catch the drippings?
(c) Table cloth
5. What reason does Laura give for having cold hands?
(a) Playing cards
(b) Washing in cold water
(c) Playing the Victrola
(d) Fixing cold drinks
6. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
(a) It gets to dark
(b) The rain starts
(c) Bed time
(d) Dinner is ready
7. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
(a) Cinnamon cloves
(c) Sliced lemons
(d) Maraschino cherries
8. Whose steps does Tom say he followed in?
(a) His sisters
(b) His own
(c) His mothers
(d) His fathers
9. What reason does Laura give for not coming to the table?
(a) She doesn't feel well
(b) She is nervous around Jim
(c) She hates what they are having
(d) She is angry with Amanda
10. Where are the candles when the lights go out?
(a) In the hallway
(b) In Amanda's bedroom
(c) In the kitchen
(d) On the table
11. What does Laura remember about her brace?
(a) It clumped loudly
(b) It hurt
(c) It had to be oiled
(d) People made fun of it
12. What happened to the church where the Candelabrum came from?
(a) It burned down
(b) They got new items
(c) It closed it's doors
(d) It turned into a center for aging adults
13. Who does Jim say was talking to him about Tom?
(a) The Mayor
(b) Mr. Alanzo
(c) Mr. Mendoza
(d) Mr. Goodenburg
14. Why did Laura come in late to class everyday in high school?
(a) She hated school
(b) Over slept
(c) She had to walk to school
(d) Her leg brace
15. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say he is tired of?
2. What month did Amanda say it was when she was picking flowers with her gentlemen callers?
3. Who does Jim comment on when he is reading the news paper?
4. What does Tom tell Jim he is planning?
5. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)