|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim set under the candles to catch the drippings?
(d) Table cloth
2. What does he ask Laura for?
3. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
(b) Cinnamon cloves
(c) Maraschino cherries
(d) Sliced lemons
4. What course is Jim taking that he tries to convince Tom would be good for him?
(b) Radio Engineering
(c) Public Speaking
(d) Tap Dancing
5. What did the brace on Laura's leg sound like in her mind?
(b) A bomb
6. Who does Jim say was talking to him about Tom?
(a) The Mayor
(b) Mr. Goodenburg
(c) Mr. Mendoza
(d) Mr. Alanzo
7. Why does Amanda tell Laura she has to have the powder puff in her dress?
(a) To bring attention to the dress design
(b) To look more becoming
(c) Because the dress is poorly made
(d) Because her chest is flat
8. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
(a) The fuses
(b) The neighbors lights
(c) The wires
(d) The switches
9. What does Amanda say she is doing when she spills the lemonade?
(a) Bathing herself
(b) Ruining her dress
(c) Baptizing herself
(d) Watering herself
10. What does Tom say the world is lit by now?
11. What does Jim say he is going to treasure that Laura gave him?
(a) The unicorn
(b) The horse
(c) The dog
(d) The mouse
12. What day did Amanda wear her dress for her gentlemen callers?
13. What does Jim tell Tom is the difference between them and the men in the office down front?
(b) Social Poise
14. What does Tom say he is that he did not intend to be?
15. What does Amanda say about Laura drinking a little wine?
(a) It will be good for her
(b) It will make her want to sing
(c) It will make her more sociable
(d) It will make her more relaxed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda give Jim in addition to the candelabrum to take to Laura in the parlor?
2. What does Amanda call the powder puffs she puts in Laura's dress at the bosom area?
3. What does Amanda tell Jim he has been good for?
4. Where does Amanda say that the Candelabrum came from?
5. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)