|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Tom give for Laura acting the way she does?
(a) Laura is terribly shy
(b) Laura left something on the stove
(c) Laura is nervous
(d) Laura hates visitors
2. What kind of flowers is Amanda carrying when she enters the room?
(a) Apple Blossoms
3. What happened to the church where the Candelabrum came from?
(a) They got new items
(b) It burned down
(c) It turned into a center for aging adults
(d) It closed it's doors
4. What does Amanda tell Laura that all pretty girls are?
(a) A joke
(b) A lie
(c) A trap
(d) A riddle
5. What did Amanda give Tom a little extra change that morning?
(a) To buy a drink at the bar
(b) For the pay phone
(c) For a big lunch
(d) For the service car
6. Why does Amanda tell Laura that Amanda won't answer the door when Tom gets home?
(a) Amanda hates answering the door
(b) Amanda will be busy
(c) Amanda will be in the bath
(d) So that Laura can see Jim
7. What refreshment does Amanda bring in to Laura and Jim?
(a) Sweet tea
8. What does Amanda hope Tom and Jim will get home before?
(a) It gets to dark
(b) Dinner is ready
(c) The rain starts
(d) Bed time
9. What sickness did Amanda have the spring she met her husband?
(d) Malaria fever
10. What does Tom have to do because he didn't pay the light bill?
(a) Make refreshments
(c) Clear the table
11. What does Jim say is one of the sights in Chicago?
(a) Sears Tower
(b) Statue of Liberty
(c) Wrigley Building
(d) Wrigley Field
12. Who is behind Tom when he turns around?
(a) His father
(c) His mother
13. What did the brace on Laura's leg sound like in her mind?
(b) A bomb
14. Where did Tom know Jim from before the warehouse?
(a) They dated the same girl
(b) Family friend
(c) High school
15. What did Amanda dump into the refreshment?
(a) Cinnamon cloves
(b) Maraschino cherries
(c) Sliced lemons
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura tell her mother she can't answer the door?
2. What does Amanda ask Jim to check when the lights go out?
3. What does Amanda say has happened to make her ill?
4. What does Jim say he is going to treasure that Laura gave him?
5. Whose steps does Tom say he followed in?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)