|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
(a) The Moon
(b) A single rain cloud
(c) A shooting star
(d) A fire truck
2. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
(a) Fifteen dollars
(b) Thirty dollars
(c) Twenty dollars
(d) Fifty dollars
3. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
4. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Past away
(b) Got married
(c) Moved away
(d) Became politicians
5. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(a) Invited over a man for Laura
(b) Took a new position
(d) Got a raise
6. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
7. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Make a wish on the moon
(b) Dance around the room
(c) Play a record
(d) Help her with the cleaning
8. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
(d) Rubicam's Business College
9. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
(b) That Laura will be an old maid
(d) Her Children Leaving Home
10. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
(a) Her brother's tears
(b) The neighbors
(c) The suffering look on Amanda's face
(d) Her classmates
11. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He falls onto the floor thrashing
(b) He spits it back in the cup
(c) He screams
(d) He throws the coffee in the sink
12. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
13. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
(a) Because it was filth
(b) Tom didn't like it
(c) She was done reading it
(d) It was late
14. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
(a) He hits his mother
(b) The phone is broken
(c) Laura's glass menagerie is broken
(d) He knocks a piture off the mantle
15. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
(a) To Learn Acting Skills
(b) For Adventure
(c) To Get Away
(d) To Day Dream
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the moon that night?
2. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
3. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
4. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
5. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)