|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Extra Money
(b) Extra Phone
(c) Nice Wig
(d) Fancy Furniture
2. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
3. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Fire escape landing
(b) Park bench
(c) Door step
(d) Neighbor's porch
4. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For adventure
(b) For love
(c) A secret
(d) World Peace
5. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Fix the heater
(b) Make her a pie
(c) Appologize to his mother
(d) Clean the house
6. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
(a) Art of Conversation
(c) Animal Impersonations
7. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
8. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Tears it into pieces
(b) Burns it
(c) Throws it out the window
(d) Spits on it
9. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Whatever came to mind
(b) Things of importance going on in the world
(c) Anything of intrest
(d) The latest gossip
10. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A doctor
(c) A policeman
(d) A engineer
11. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
(a) It was late
(b) Because it was filth
(c) Tom didn't like it
(d) She was done reading it
12. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Accident or Fire
(c) Tornado or Flood
(d) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
13. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
(a) Shift Superintendent
(c) Docking Supervisior
(d) Shipping Clerk
14. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Make a wish on the moon
(b) Help her with the cleaning
(c) Dance around the room
(d) Play a record
15. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
(c) That Laura will be an old maid
(d) Her Children Leaving Home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
2. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
3. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
4. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
5. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)