|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
(a) That Laura will be an old maid
(d) Her Children Leaving Home
2. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Their plans
(b) Lifes Work
(c) Fifty dollars tuition
(d) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
3. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(b) At the library
(c) Learning to dance
(d) Working at a refinery
4. How does Amanda intend to get the money she feels they will need?
(a) Selling magazine subscriptions
(b) Cleaning houses
(c) Appearing onstage
(d) Mending clothing
5. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Go for a brisk walk
(b) Apply makeup and perfume
(c) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
6. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For adventure
(b) For love
(c) A secret
(d) World Peace
7. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Anything of intrest
(b) The latest gossip
(c) Things of importance going on in the world
(d) Whatever came to mind
8. Amanda tells Tom he has a temperament like what?
(a) Metropolitan Star
(b) Drama Queen
(c) Prima Donna
(d) Spoiled Prince
9. Who is the boy that Laura states she liked once?
10. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He spits it back in the cup
(b) He screams
(c) He falls onto the floor thrashing
(d) He throws the coffee in the sink
11. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) She has never heard of such a student
(b) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(c) Laura has started teaching the class
(d) Laura switched classes.
12. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
(a) His father
(b) Minister of his church
(c) His mother
(d) His brothers or sisters
13. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(a) Pink Flower
(b) Blue Roses
(d) Funny Girl
14. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
15. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
(a) Charge it
(b) Steal it
(c) Offer to do odd jobs for Mr. Garfinkl
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
2. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
3. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
4. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
5. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)