|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the moon that night?
(b) Can't see the moon for the clouds
(c) Small sliver
(d) No moon
2. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
3. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Someone at the door
(b) Getting another call
(c) Something burning in the oven
(d) Kids are crying
4. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to old
(b) That she is to poor
(c) That she is a cripple
(d) That she is to ugly
5. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A policeman
(b) A doctor
(c) An accountant.
(d) A engineer
6. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(c) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(d) Studying her typing
7. Why does Amanda state she knows Tom isn't going to the movies?
(a) She follows him
(b) Because of the late hour
(c) She checks for movie stubs
(d) She can tell when her son is lying
8. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
(d) A Rash in the shape of a flower
9. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Wraps it around his head
(b) Puts it in a package for his mother
(c) Burns it
(d) Gives it to Laura
10. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Burns it
(b) Tears it into pieces
(c) Throws it out the window
(d) Spits on it
11. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(a) Things he is ashamed of
(d) Going to Church
12. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
(a) Her Devotion
(b) Her Lonliness
(c) Her Political Ambitions
(d) Her Poverty
13. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
(a) Steal it
(b) Offer to do odd jobs for Mr. Garfinkl
(d) Charge it
14. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
15. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She saw a spider
(b) She slipped
(c) She shut the door on her finger
(d) She saw a shoe sale
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
2. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
3. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
4. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
5. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)