|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(b) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(d) Studying her typing
2. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Fancy Furniture
(b) Extra Money
(c) Extra Phone
(d) Nice Wig
3. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
4. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
5. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) At the library
(c) Learning to dance
(d) Working at a refinery
6. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
(a) A woman and her husband
(b) A cop and a donut salesman
(c) A homeless man and a little boy
(d) A fat lady and the usher
7. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
(a) His walk
(b) His charm
(c) His wit
(d) Taking care of his appearance
8. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Apply makeup and perfume
(b) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(c) Go for a brisk walk
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
9. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Clean the house
(b) Appologize to his mother
(c) Make her a pie
(d) Fix the heater
10. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(a) For him to appologize to Laura
(c) That's one less thing to dust
(d) For Tom to clean it up
11. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She shut the door on her finger
(b) She slipped
(c) She saw a shoe sale
(d) She saw a spider
12. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He throws the coffee in the sink
(b) He falls onto the floor thrashing
(c) He spits it back in the cup
(d) He screams
13. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
(a) For Adventure
(b) To Learn Acting Skills
(c) To Day Dream
(d) To Get Away
14. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(b) Laura has started teaching the class
(c) She has never heard of such a student
(d) Laura switched classes.
15. What does Amanda want Tom to look for at work?
(a) A better job position
(b) Extra work on the side
(c) A potential husband for Laura
(d) A job for Amanda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda tell the children they have to do with their food that animals do not?
2. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
3. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
4. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
5. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)