|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) He will jeopardize his job
(c) He will have a good time
(d) They will worry
2. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She saw a spider
(b) She slipped
(c) She saw a shoe sale
(d) She shut the door on her finger
3. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
(a) Her Lonliness
(b) Her Poverty
(c) Her Devotion
(d) Her Political Ambitions
4. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
(b) A Rash in the shape of a flower
5. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) Laura switched classes.
(b) She has never heard of such a student
(c) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(d) Laura has started teaching the class
6. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A engineer
(b) An accountant.
(c) A policeman
(d) A doctor
7. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
(c) Rubicam's Business College
8. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
(a) When he is married
(b) When he brings home more money
(d) When he appologizes
9. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(c) Go for a brisk walk
(d) Apply makeup and perfume
10. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
(a) Too Tight
(b) Have Worn Holes
(c) Too Long
(d) Too Short
11. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Extra Phone
(b) Nice Wig
(c) Fancy Furniture
(d) Extra Money
12. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
(a) A fire truck
(b) A single rain cloud
(c) A shooting star
(d) The Moon
13. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
14. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
(a) Charge it
(b) Offer to do odd jobs for Mr. Garfinkl
(c) Steal it
15. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to ugly
(b) That she is to poor
(c) That she is a cripple
(d) That she is to old
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
2. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
3. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
4. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
5. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)