|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(b) Only one
(c) To many to count
2. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
(a) A cop and a donut salesman
(b) A fat lady and the usher
(c) A woman and her husband
(d) A homeless man and a little boy
3. What does Amanda want to be certain the gentlemen caller doesn't do that her husband did?
(b) Battle Reenactments
(d) Flirt with other women
4. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(d) Go to the movies
5. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
(a) Crust of Bread
6. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
7. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Park bench
(b) Door step
(c) Fire escape landing
(d) Neighbor's porch
8. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
(a) It catches the rug on fire
(b) It scares the cat
(c) It falls through the cracks
(d) It burns him
9. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
(b) Steal it
(c) Offer to do odd jobs for Mr. Garfinkl
(d) Charge it
10. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
(a) Art of Conversation
(c) Animal Impersonations
11. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) Learning to dance
(b) At the library
(d) Working at a refinery
12. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For love
(b) For adventure
(c) World Peace
(d) A secret
13. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
(a) Love you!
(b) Forgive me.
(d) So long suckers.
14. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
15. What does Amanda say that Tom should have done the minute he accepted Tom's invitation?
(a) Call Amanda
(b) Find out what he likes to eat
(c) Do a happy dance
(d) Help Laura find a nice dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
2. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
3. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
4. What does Laura stat Amanda is afraid of?
5. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)