|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
(d) Crust of Bread
2. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
(a) Book club meeting
(b) Local theater club
(c) Women's liberation meeting
(d) D.A.R. meeting
3. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Was shot though the stomach
(b) Moved far away
(c) Had a heart attack
(d) Left her standing at the altar
4. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
(a) When he brings home more money
(b) When he appologizes
(c) When he is married
5. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He reads self-help books
(b) He goes to night-school
(c) He exercises
(d) He worries about his appearance
6. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A engineer
(c) A doctor
(d) A policeman
7. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Extra Money
(b) Nice Wig
(c) Extra Phone
(d) Fancy Furniture
8. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
9. What does Amanda want to be certain the gentlemen caller doesn't do that her husband did?
(a) Flirt with other women
(b) Battle Reenactments
10. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
11. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
(a) A picture of Amanda
(b) An old love letter
(c) A lucky rabits foot
(d) A locket with Amanda's hair inside
12. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
13. How much more a month does the gentleman make than Tom?
(a) Fifteen dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty dollars
(d) Thirty dollars
14. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(a) For him to appologize to Laura
(b) For Tom to clean it up
(c) That's one less thing to dust
15. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
2. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
3. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
4. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
5. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)