Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
(a) His Hat
(b) A Piece of Paper
(c) The Keys
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Dance around the room
(b) Help her with the cleaning
(c) Make a wish on the moon
(d) Play a record
3. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
4. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
(a) It scares the cat
(b) It catches the rug on fire
(c) It burns him
(d) It falls through the cracks
5. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Throws it out the window
(b) Tears it into pieces
(c) Burns it
(d) Spits on it
6. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
(a) The Dessert
(b) A Clean Plate
(c) A Cigarette
(d) The Phone
7. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Park bench
(b) Door step
(c) Fire escape landing
(d) Neighbor's porch
8. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He reads self-help books
(b) He goes to night-school
(c) He worries about his appearance
(d) He exercises
9. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
10. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
(a) Housewife Exclusive
(b) The Homemaker's Companion
(c) How to for Housewives
(d) Housewife Undergarments
11. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Clean the house
(b) Fix the heater
(c) Make her a pie
(d) Appologize to his mother
12. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Getting another call
(b) Something burning in the oven
(c) Someone at the door
(d) Kids are crying
13. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(a) Blue Roses
(b) Pink Flower
(c) Funny Girl
14. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He falls onto the floor thrashing
(b) He spits it back in the cup
(c) He screams
(d) He throws the coffee in the sink
15. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
(a) She fell on the floor
(b) She was robbed on her way home
(c) She fainted
(d) She broke down completely
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
2. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
3. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
4. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
5. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)