|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
(a) A picture of Amanda
(b) A locket with Amanda's hair inside
(c) A lucky rabits foot
(d) An old love letter
2. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He reads self-help books
(b) He worries about his appearance
(c) He goes to night-school
(d) He exercises
3. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(c) Writing a letter
(d) Studying her typing
4. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
(a) When he brings home more money
(c) When he is married
(d) When he appologizes
5. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
(a) His unsteadiness
(b) His hiccups
(c) The smell on his clothes
(d) His slurred speach
6. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Someone at the door
(b) Getting another call
(c) Something burning in the oven
(d) Kids are crying
7. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
(a) His father
(b) Minister of his church
(c) His brothers or sisters
(d) His mother
8. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
(a) His wit
(b) His charm
(c) Taking care of his appearance
(d) His walk
9. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Moved away
(b) Got married
(c) Past away
(d) Became politicians
10. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Apply makeup and perfume
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
11. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Burns it
(b) Tears it into pieces
(c) Throws it out the window
(d) Spits on it
12. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
(a) A fat lady and the usher
(b) A homeless man and a little boy
(c) A cop and a donut salesman
(d) A woman and her husband
13. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Puts it in a package for his mother
(b) Wraps it around his head
(c) Burns it
(d) Gives it to Laura
14. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Scarf
(b) A Rabbit
(c) A Hat
(d) A Wand
15. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
(a) The phone is broken
(b) He knocks a piture off the mantle
(c) Laura's glass menagerie is broken
(d) He hits his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
2. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
3. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
4. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
5. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)