|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
(a) Moved far away
(b) Had a heart attack
(c) Left her standing at the altar
(d) Was shot though the stomach
2. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
(c) Crust of Bread
3. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Park bench
(b) Door step
(c) Neighbor's porch
(d) Fire escape landing
4. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
(a) A cop and a donut salesman
(b) A homeless man and a little boy
(c) A fat lady and the usher
(d) A woman and her husband
5. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
(a) Marcus the Great
(b) Malvolio the Magician
(c) Simon the Spectacular
(d) Alistar the Amazing
6. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
7. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Things of importance going on in the world
(b) Whatever came to mind
(c) The latest gossip
(d) Anything of intrest
8. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
(a) Fancy Furniture
(b) Nice Wig
(c) Extra Phone
(d) Extra Money
9. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A policeman
(c) A engineer
(d) A doctor
10. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(b) Writing a letter
(c) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(d) Studying her typing
11. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) He will have a good time
(c) They will worry
(d) He will jeopardize his job
12. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Became politicians
(b) Moved away
(c) Past away
(d) Got married
13. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
14. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She saw a shoe sale
(b) She shut the door on her finger
(c) She saw a spider
(d) She slipped
15. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
(a) How to for Housewives
(b) The Homemaker's Companion
(c) Housewife Undergarments
(d) Housewife Exclusive
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda intend to get the money she feels they will need?
2. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
3. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
4. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
5. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)