|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(a) Things he is ashamed of
(d) Going to Church
2. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(b) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(d) Studying her typing
3. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
4. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Accident or Fire
(c) Tornado or Flood
(d) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
5. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Help her with the cleaning
(b) Make a wish on the moon
(c) Dance around the room
(d) Play a record
6. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Winter Coat
(b) Very Old Bathrobe
(c) Cocktail Dress
7. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
(a) Art of Conversation
(b) Animal Impersonations
8. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
9. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She saw a shoe sale
(b) She saw a spider
(c) She shut the door on her finger
(d) She slipped
10. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
(a) How to for Housewives
(b) Housewife Exclusive
(c) Housewife Undergarments
(d) The Homemaker's Companion
11. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) They are going out
(c) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(d) For Laura's gentlemen callers
12. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Moved away
(b) Became politicians
(c) Got married
(d) Past away
13. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(b) Fifty dollars tuition
(c) Lifes Work
(d) Their plans
14. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Burns it
(b) Wraps it around his head
(c) Gives it to Laura
(d) Puts it in a package for his mother
15. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
(b) When he appologizes
(c) When he is married
(d) When he brings home more money
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
2. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
3. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
4. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
5. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)