|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
(a) A Cigarette
(b) A Clean Plate
(c) The Phone
(d) The Dessert
2. Why did Amanda take Tom's novel back to the library?
(a) Tom didn't like it
(b) Because it was filth
(c) It was late
(d) She was done reading it
3. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He reads self-help books
(b) He exercises
(c) He worries about his appearance
(d) He goes to night-school
4. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
5. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Wrong. Wrong.
(b) Pain! Pain!
(c) Why? Why?
(d) Deception? Deception?
6. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
(a) It scares the cat
(b) It burns him
(c) It falls through the cracks
(d) It catches the rug on fire
7. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(b) For Tom to clean it up
(c) That's one less thing to dust
(d) For him to appologize to Laura
8. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For adventure
(b) A secret
(c) World Peace
(d) For love
9. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
(a) That Tom wants James' job
(b) That they are poor
(d) That Tom and his mother fight
10. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Burns it
(b) Wraps it around his head
(c) Puts it in a package for his mother
(d) Gives it to Laura
11. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
(c) Rubicam's Business College
12. Amanda tells her son Tom to not push his food with his fingers. What does he suggest he push with?
(c) Crust of Bread
13. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
14. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
(a) Book club meeting
(b) Local theater club
(c) Women's liberation meeting
(d) D.A.R. meeting
15. When does Amanda's alarm clock go off?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
2. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
3. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
4. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
5. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)