|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) Working at a refinery
(c) At the library
(d) Learning to dance
2. What has happened to most of Amanda's past gentlemen callers?
(a) Past away
(b) Moved away
(c) Got married
(d) Became politicians
3. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Accident or Fire
(c) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
(d) Tornado or Flood
4. What does Amanda say that Tom should have done the minute he accepted Tom's invitation?
(a) Find out what he likes to eat
(b) Help Laura find a nice dress
(c) Do a happy dance
(d) Call Amanda
5. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(b) Got a raise
(c) Took a new position
(d) Invited over a man for Laura
6. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
7. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(a) That's one less thing to dust
(b) For him to appologize to Laura
(d) For Tom to clean it up
8. What is the one thing about Tom's father that Amanda wishes he would try and emulate?
(a) His charm
(b) His wit
(c) His walk
(d) Taking care of his appearance
9. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
(a) His hiccups
(b) His unsteadiness
(c) The smell on his clothes
(d) His slurred speach
10. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Winter Coat
(b) Very Old Bathrobe
(c) Cocktail Dress
11. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(d) Go to the movies
12. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida says no thank you
(b) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
(c) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(d) Ida renews her subscription
13. What does Amanda tell the children they have to do with their food that animals do not?
(a) Buy it at the Store
(d) Put it on a Plate
14. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
(a) A Cigarette
(b) A Clean Plate
(c) The Dessert
(d) The Phone
15. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) Laura has started teaching the class
(b) Laura switched classes.
(c) That Laura dropped out after a few days
(d) She has never heard of such a student
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
2. What does Amanda want to be certain the gentlemen caller doesn't do that her husband did?
3. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
4. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
5. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)