|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
2. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
(b) Be black and white
(c) Be boring
(d) Fade in and out
3. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
(b) Brush his teeth
(c) Be Happy
(d) Get Dressed
4. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to poor
(b) That she is a cripple
(c) That she is to old
(d) That she is to ugly
5. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A policeman
(b) An accountant.
(c) A doctor
(d) A engineer
6. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(b) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
(c) Ida says no thank you
(d) Ida renews her subscription
7. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Cocktail Dress
(b) Very Old Bathrobe
(c) Winter Coat
8. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) They will worry
(b) Someone might get hurt
(c) He will jeopardize his job
(d) He will have a good time
9. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Rabbit
(b) A Scarf
(c) A Hat
(d) A Wand
10. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
(a) A shooting star
(b) The Moon
(c) A fire truck
(d) A single rain cloud
11. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He worries about his appearance
(b) He reads self-help books
(c) He goes to night-school
(d) He exercises
12. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For love
(b) For adventure
(c) World Peace
(d) A secret
13. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) For Laura's gentlemen callers
(c) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(d) They are going out
14. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Gives it to Laura
(b) Burns it
(c) Wraps it around his head
(d) Puts it in a package for his mother
15. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
(a) She slipped
(b) She saw a spider
(c) She shut the door on her finger
(d) She saw a shoe sale
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
2. How does Amanda intend to get the money she feels they will need?
3. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
4. What is it that Amanda claims has made her a witch?
5. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)