|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida renews her subscription
(b) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(c) Ida says no thank you
(d) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
2. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
(a) Local theater club
(b) Women's liberation meeting
(c) D.A.R. meeting
(d) Book club meeting
3. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(b) Going to Church
(d) Things he is ashamed of
4. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Fire escape landing
(b) Door step
(c) Neighbor's porch
(d) Park bench
5. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
(a) A challenge
(b) A problem
(c) A little defect
(d) A worry
6. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A policeman
(b) A doctor
(c) An accountant.
(d) A engineer
7. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Deception? Deception?
(b) Wrong. Wrong.
(c) Why? Why?
(d) Pain! Pain!
8. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
9. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
(a) An Obsession
(d) A good idea
10. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
(a) That Tom wants James' job
(b) That they are poor
(d) That Tom and his mother fight
11. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Wraps it around his head
(b) Burns it
(c) Gives it to Laura
(d) Puts it in a package for his mother
12. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Burns it
(b) Spits on it
(c) Tears it into pieces
(d) Throws it out the window
13. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
(a) To Get Away
(b) For Adventure
(c) To Day Dream
(d) To Learn Acting Skills
14. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Anything of intrest
(b) Whatever came to mind
(c) The latest gossip
(d) Things of importance going on in the world
15. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
(b) Offer to do odd jobs for Mr. Garfinkl
(c) Steal it
(d) Charge it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
2. Who is the boy that Laura states she liked once?
3. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
4. What happens to the lit match that Tom drops on the floor?
5. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)