|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
(a) He exercises
(b) He worries about his appearance
(c) He reads self-help books
(d) He goes to night-school
2. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
(b) Brush his teeth
(c) Get Dressed
(d) Be Happy
3. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
4. What do Amanda and Tom both say they are at the end of?
5. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Deception? Deception?
(b) Wrong. Wrong.
(c) Why? Why?
(d) Pain! Pain!
6. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Someone at the door
(b) Kids are crying
(c) Getting another call
(d) Something burning in the oven
7. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
(a) They were talented.
(b) They were going to college.
(c) They were engaged.
(d) They were popular.
8. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Very Old Bathrobe
(b) Cocktail Dress
(d) Winter Coat
9. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Hat
(b) A Wand
(c) A Rabbit
(d) A Scarf
10. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(a) Blue Roses
(c) Pink Flower
(d) Funny Girl
11. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
(a) An Obsession
(b) A good idea
12. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
(a) That's one less thing to dust
(c) For Tom to clean it up
(d) For him to appologize to Laura
13. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
(a) A worry
(b) A little defect
(c) A problem
(d) A challenge
14. What does Amanda want Tom to look for at work?
(a) A job for Amanda
(b) A potential husband for Laura
(c) Extra work on the side
(d) A better job position
15. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He throws the coffee in the sink
(b) He screams
(c) He spits it back in the cup
(d) He falls onto the floor thrashing
Short Answer Questions
1. As soon as Laura is out the door Tom and Amanda hear her cry out. Why does she cry out?
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
3. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
4. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
5. What is the gentleman's position at the warehouse?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)