Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
(a) Forgive me.
(b) Love you!
(d) So long suckers.
2. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A doctor
(c) A engineer
(d) A policeman
3. Tom describes his mother as a woman of what?
4. What is wrong with the sleeves on Laura's coat?
(a) Too Short
(b) Have Worn Holes
(c) Too Tight
(d) Too Long
5. What do Tom and Amanda wish on?
(a) A shooting star
(b) A fire truck
(c) A single rain cloud
(d) The Moon
6. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(a) Took a new position
(c) Got a raise
(d) Invited over a man for Laura
7. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
8. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Throws it out the window
(b) Burns it
(c) Tears it into pieces
(d) Spits on it
9. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Apply makeup and perfume
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(d) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
10. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(b) Go to the movies
11. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) His brothers or sisters
(d) Minister of his church
12. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
(a) Things of importance going on in the world
(b) Whatever came to mind
(c) Anything of intrest
(d) The latest gossip
13. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
(a) A good idea
(d) An Obsession
14. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
15. Who was the headliner on the stage show that Tom watched and assisted?
(a) Malvolio the Magician
(b) Alistar the Amazing
(c) Marcus the Great
(d) Simon the Spectacular
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
2. When does Amanda tell Tom she will speak to him?
3. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
4. What does Amanda say about Tom breaking Laura's glass menagerie?
5. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)