|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does laura have when she comes out of the kitchen when Amanda calls her?
(a) A piece of cake
(b) A dishtowel
(c) A saucer
2. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
(a) Someone might get hurt
(b) He will jeopardize his job
(c) They will worry
(d) He will have a good time
3. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Neighbor's porch
(b) Door step
(c) Park bench
(d) Fire escape landing
4. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
5. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(a) At the library
(c) Working at a refinery
(d) Learning to dance
6. How does Amanda describe Laura's state when Laura calls herself a cripple?
(a) A worry
(b) A challenge
(c) A problem
(d) A little defect
7. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A engineer
(b) A policeman
(c) An accountant.
(d) A doctor
8. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
(b) Fade in and out
(c) Be boring
(d) Be black and white
9. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Hat
(b) A Rabbit
(c) A Wand
(d) A Scarf
10. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Accident or Fire
(b) Family Visiting or Illness
(c) Tornado or Flood
(d) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
11. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(b) To many to count
(d) Only one
12. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
(b) So long suckers.
(c) Love you!
(d) Forgive me.
13. What happens when Tom takes the first sip of his hot coffee?
(a) He screams
(b) He throws the coffee in the sink
(c) He falls onto the floor thrashing
(d) He spits it back in the cup
14. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
(a) Fredrick Martin Maclintock
(b) Shawn Thornton
(c) Jamed Delaney O'Connor
(d) Jarred Davies O'Maley
15. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Make a wish on the moon
(b) Help her with the cleaning
(c) Play a record
(d) Dance around the room
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
2. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
3. Amanda tells Tom he has a temperament like what?
4. What makes Tom think that James is into self-improvement?
5. What is it about Tom that make it clear he has been drinking when he returns home?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)