|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
(a) Her brother's tears
(b) The neighbors
(c) Her classmates
(d) The suffering look on Amanda's face
2. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
3. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
(a) Laura isn't popular
(b) They think Laura is poor
(c) The State Fair is in progress
(d) Laura told them not to come
4. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
(a) Something burning in the oven
(b) Someone at the door
(c) Getting another call
(d) Kids are crying
5. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) A secret
(b) For love
(c) World Peace
(d) For adventure
6. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
(a) She was robbed on her way home
(b) She fainted
(c) She broke down completely
(d) She fell on the floor
7. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(c) Go to the movies
8. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
(a) Things he is ashamed of
(c) Going to Church
9. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Why? Why?
(b) Pain! Pain!
(c) Wrong. Wrong.
(d) Deception? Deception?
10. What does Tom tell Amanda he did at work that makes her so happy?
(a) Got a raise
(b) Took a new position
(c) Invited over a man for Laura
11. What does Amanda want to be certain the gentlemen caller doesn't do that her husband did?
(a) Battle Reenactments
(d) Flirt with other women
12. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
(b) Dance Hall
(c) On a Date
(d) With Friends
13. What was it that he gave Tom as a souvenir?
(a) A Hat
(b) A Rabbit
(c) A Wand
(d) A Scarf
14. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Fix the heater
(b) Clean the house
(c) Appologize to his mother
(d) Make her a pie
15. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
(a) Help her with the cleaning
(b) Dance around the room
(c) Make a wish on the moon
(d) Play a record
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda want Tom to look for at work?
2. What is the first item that Tom drops when he gets to his door?
3. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
4. Who did Amanda say that a young lady would ask about a man's character to ensure he wasn't a drinker when she was younger?
5. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)