|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
2. What is Amanda sending Laura out to the store to buy?
3. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
(d) Go to the movies
4. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
(a) With Friends
(c) Dance Hall
(d) On a Date
5. What does Amanda say Bates Cutrere was carrying the night he died?
(a) An old love letter
(b) A locket with Amanda's hair inside
(c) A picture of Amanda
(d) A lucky rabits foot
6. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Lifes Work
(b) Fifty dollars tuition
(c) Their plans
(d) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
7. What does Amanda want to be certain the gentlemen caller doesn't do that her husband did?
(a) Battle Reenactments
(d) Flirt with other women
8. Why does Tom state that he likes going to the movies?
(a) To Learn Acting Skills
(b) To Get Away
(c) To Day Dream
(d) For Adventure
9. What does Tom tell Amanda his wish is?
(a) For adventure
(b) A secret
(c) World Peace
(d) For love
10. What is Amanda wearing when Tom and her enter the dinning room?
(a) Very Old Bathrobe
(b) Cocktail Dress
(c) Winter Coat
11. What does Tom do with the scarf?
(a) Burns it
(b) Wraps it around his head
(c) Gives it to Laura
(d) Puts it in a package for his mother
12. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A doctor
(b) A policeman
(c) A engineer
(d) An accountant.
13. What was it that Laura asked Tom to do before she left for the store?
(a) Make her a pie
(b) Appologize to his mother
(c) Clean the house
(d) Fix the heater
14. What does Amanda use as her porch?
(a) Park bench
(b) Neighbor's porch
(c) Fire escape landing
(d) Door step
15. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Studying her typing
(b) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
(d) Writing a letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
2. What does Amanda want Laura to do when she calls her from the kitchen?
3. Tom said that there was a terrible fight between what two people?
4. What excuse does Ida Scott give Amanda for needing off the phone?
5. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)