|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say that he won't do after he rises?
(a) Brush his teeth
(b) Be Happy
(c) Get Dressed
2. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Deception? Deception?
(b) Pain! Pain!
(c) Why? Why?
(d) Wrong. Wrong.
3. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Apply makeup and perfume
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(d) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
4. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Studying her typing
(b) Writing a letter
(c) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
5. Amanda tells Tom if he quit smoking he would have enough money to go to night school to be what?
(a) A policeman
(b) An accountant.
(c) A engineer
(d) A doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young man's name that Tom invites over for dinner?
2. What does Tom say he would rather do than go to night school?
3. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
4. What does Tom warn his mother that James doesn't know about?
5. What does Amanda think they will need to help get a gentleman caller for Laura?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)