|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the magazine called that Amanda is gathering subscriptions for?
(a) Housewife Exclusive
(b) Housewife Undergarments
(c) How to for Housewives
(d) The Homemaker's Companion
2. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(b) Studying her typing
(c) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Deception? Deception?
(b) Why? Why?
(c) Pain! Pain!
(d) Wrong. Wrong.
4. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(d) Apply makeup and perfume
5. Where does Tom tell Amanda he is going to?
(a) With Friends
(c) Dance Hall
(d) On a Date
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
2. What does Amanda tell the children they have to do with their food that animals do not?
3. What does Tom say his father was thinking of when he left?
4. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
5. When listing her past gentlemen callers what does Amanda say happened to Bates Cutrere.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)