|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(b) Go for a brisk walk
(c) Apply makeup and perfume
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
2. Why does Amanda state she knows Tom isn't going to the movies?
(a) Because of the late hour
(b) She can tell when her son is lying
(c) She checks for movie stubs
(d) She follows him
3. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) They are going out
(c) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(d) For Laura's gentlemen callers
4. What does Tom call Amanda's plot to get Laura a gentleman caller?
(c) A good idea
(d) An Obsession
5. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
(a) The Phone
(b) A Clean Plate
(c) A Cigarette
(d) The Dessert
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
2. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
3. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
4. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
5. What does Amanda say will happen if Tom stays out to late?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)