|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
(b) Love you!
(c) So long suckers.
(d) Forgive me.
2. What does Laura tell her mother she has been doing everyday when she should be at school.
(b) At the library
(c) Learning to dance
(d) Working at a refinery
3. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) For Laura's gentlemen callers
(c) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(d) They are going out
4. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(c) Go for a brisk walk
(d) Apply makeup and perfume
5. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
(a) She was robbed on her way home
(b) She fainted
(c) She fell on the floor
(d) She broke down completely
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
2. What meeting was Amanda supposed to have been at?
3. What does Amanda tell the children they have to do with their food that animals do not?
4. What is it that Laura had that caused the nickname Blue Roses?
5. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)