|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Fifty dollars tuition
(b) Their plans
(c) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(d) Lifes Work
2. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(c) Only one
(d) To many to count
3. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Laura is wearing a new dress
(b) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(c) For Laura's gentlemen callers
(d) They are going out
4. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to ugly
(b) That she is to old
(c) That she is to poor
(d) That she is a cripple
5. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
(d) Rubicam's Business College
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
2. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
3. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
4. What does Amanda tell the children they have to do with their food that animals do not?
5. What does the instructor tell Amanda happened to Laura?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)