|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Go for a brisk walk
(b) Apply makeup and perfume
(c) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(d) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
2. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Wrong. Wrong.
(b) Pain! Pain!
(c) Deception? Deception?
(d) Why? Why?
3. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Their plans
(b) Fifty dollars tuition
(c) Lifes Work
(d) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
4. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
5. What does Laura say when Amanda announces Laura is going to find someone to marry?
(a) That she is to old
(b) That she is a cripple
(c) That she is to ugly
(d) That she is to poor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
2. What did Amanda and her gentlemen callers discuss?
3. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
4. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
5. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)