|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
(a) Brush her hair and straighten her dress
(b) Study her typewriter chart, or practice her shorthand
(c) Apply makeup and perfume
(d) Go for a brisk walk
2. Why does Amanda want Laura to stay fresh and pretty?
(a) Amanda is tired of cleaning up after her
(b) They are going out
(c) For Laura's gentlemen callers
(d) Laura is wearing a new dress
3. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Lifes Work
(b) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(c) Their plans
(d) Fifty dollars tuition
4. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Tornado or Flood
(b) Accident or Fire
(c) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
(d) Family Visiting or Illness
5. What is it that Laura tells Amanda she couldn't handle looking at?
(a) Her classmates
(b) Her brother's tears
(c) The neighbors
(d) The suffering look on Amanda's face
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom stands up from the table Amanda tells him he is not excused. What does he tell her he is going to go get?
2. In her story how many gentlemen callers does Amanda tell her children she received in one night?
3. Tom states that in memory everything seems to happen to what?
4. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
5. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)