|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Accident or Fire
(c) Tornado or Flood
(d) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
2. What is Laura's explanation for the lack of gentlemen callers?
(a) Laura isn't popular
(b) Laura told them not to come
(c) They think Laura is poor
(d) The State Fair is in progress
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Deception? Deception?
(b) Why? Why?
(c) Pain! Pain!
(d) Wrong. Wrong.
4. What does Jim claim to be when Amanda asks if he can carry both items to Laura in the parlor?
(a) Steady as a rock
(c) Perfectly capable
(d) Unearthly strong
5. What does Amanda say that Tom should have done the minute he accepted Tom's invitation?
(a) Call Amanda
(b) Find out what he likes to eat
(c) Do a happy dance
(d) Help Laura find a nice dress
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda want Laura to pay Mr. Garfinkl at the store?
2. What symptoms did Amanda say she had while she was sick the spring she met her husband?
3. What section of the news paper does Jim say he wants?
4. What does Laura remember about her brace?
5. What class did Laura and Jim have together in high school?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)