|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the conversation end between Amanda and Ida Scott regarding the magazine subscription?
(a) Ida says no thank you
(b) Ida hangs up on Amanda
(c) Ida renews her subscription
(d) Ida tells Amanda she hates the magazine
2. What is Laura doing when she hears her mother approaching?
(a) Writing a letter
(c) Studying her typing
(d) Washing and polishing her collection of glass
3. What two words does Amanda say when Laura tells her hello?
(a) Pain! Pain!
(b) Wrong. Wrong.
(c) Why? Why?
(d) Deception? Deception?
4. What does Amanda do with Laura's typewriter keyboard diagram?
(a) Tears it into pieces
(b) Spits on it
(c) Throws it out the window
(d) Burns it
5. How many gentlemen callers does Laura predict there will be?
(b) To many to count
(c) Only one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
2. What does Amanda say that Laura and Tom's father had plenty of?
3. Why does Amanda state she knows Tom isn't going to the movies?
4. How does Laura describe Emily Meisenback's clothes in high school?
5. What skill does Amanda claim to possess that allowed her to entertain her gentlemen caller?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)