|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda not say has "just gone up the spout?"
(a) Lifes Work
(b) Their plans
(c) Amanda's hopes and ambitions for Laura
(d) Fifty dollars tuition
2. What was it that Jim called Laura in high school?
(b) Pink Flower
(c) Funny Girl
(d) Blue Roses
3. What did the typing instructor say when Amanda asked about Laura's progress?
(a) Laura switched classes.
(b) She has never heard of such a student
(c) Laura has started teaching the class
(d) That Laura dropped out after a few days
4. What did it say in the Personal Section of the yearbook about Jim and Emily Meisenback?
(a) They were going to college.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) They were talented.
(d) They were popular.
5. What are the two reasons Amanda suggests would stop gentlemen callers from coming to see Laura that night?
(a) Family Visiting or Illness
(b) Tornado or Flood
(c) Accident or Fire
(d) Ball Game or Gentlemen's Party
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tom is trying to get his coat on as he goes out the door?
2. Tom explains that the last they heard from their father he sent them a postcard from somewhere near the Pacific coast of Mexico with no return address. What was written on the postcard?
3. What does Amanda tell Tom she believes he has been doing?
4. Where did Amanda stop at on her way to her D.A.R. meeting?
5. When Laura offers to clear the table what activities does Amanda suggest she go do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)