* Tom enters the stage and introduces himself and the rest of characters in the play and what it is about.
* Amanda tells about the night she received 17 gentlemen callers.
* Amanda tells Tom how girls in her day knew how to talk on important subjects to their gentlemen callers.
* Laura explains why she won't be getting any gentlemen callers.
* Amanda comes home to Confront Laura about dropping out of Rubicam's Business College.
* Laura tells her mother about the places that she visited everyday when she was supposed to be at school.
* Laura tells her mother about the boy from high school, Jim, that she had liked so much.
* Amanda decides that what Laura will do is get married.
* Amanda is selling magazine subscriptions to get money to help Laura find a husband.
* Tom tells Amanda why he hates the warehouse and that he wants to do...
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)