|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wondered if God allowed the students to die before worse things could happen to them?
(b) The pastor.
(c) Mr. Lu.
(d) Madame Chiang.
2. How did Mr. Shan interpret Gladys' touch?
(a) She was mocking him.
(b) She was angry at him for murdering.
(c) She loved him even though he was a murderer.
(d) She was being forward.
3. Who did Gladys say visited her in the Methodist church?
(a) Nehemiah the prophet.
(b) The ghost of Mrs. Lawson.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Last Emperor of China.
4. Approximately how many lamas were in the lamasery that Gladys visited?
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) A thousand.
5. Who begged Gladys to flee with the Chinese army?
(a) Mr. Lu and the children.
(b) The mandarin and his wife.
(c) Lao Dah.
(d) The general, his wife, and soldiers.
6. How long should the journey to the orphanage have taken?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Two days.
7. Where was Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
(a) Occupied China.
(c) Free China.
8. How long did Lao Dah stay with Gladys after his return?
(a) One year.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two months.
9. Who interrogated Gladys and barricaded her door?
(a) Japanese soldiers.
(b) Local villagers.
(d) A Chinese general.
10. What object did Chu En want?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A sewing machine.
(d) A stethoscope.
11. What did Gladys say that offended Lao Dah?
(a) He was a sinner.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was cowardly.
(d) He was a traitor.
12. Who broke up meetings of Christian Chinese students?
(c) Japanese soldiers.
13. What happened to the students who refused to renounce Christianity?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were beaten.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were beheaded.
14. Why were Gladys and the children forced to get off the train and walk through the mountains?
(a) The Japanese were using it for soldiers.
(b) They did not have enough money.
(c) There were no passenger trains in China.
(d) The train did not run because of danger from the Japanese.
15. At a prayer meeting, Gladys heard a young man declare that which country needed salvation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gladys hide the children as they passed through Japanese-held territory?
2. What did the previous missionary give to the lamas?
3. Why did Gladys take the children through the mountains on mule tracks?
4. Who asked Mr. Shan if he was miserable?
5. Who had tea with Gladys and showed her a box left by a missionary?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)