|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kidnapped Lao Dah?
(a) His own men.
(b) The Japanese army.
(c) The police.
(d) The Chinese army.
2. After deciding to return to England, how long did Gladys wait to leave?
(a) Five years.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A year.
3. Who asked to be converted to Christianity before leaving to another province?
(a) The mandarin.
(b) Mrs. Ching.
(c) Madame Chiang.
(d) Mr. Lu.
4. How long did Lao Dah stay with Gladys after his return?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
5. The Chinese general told Gladys about an orphanage run by whom?
(a) Lao Dah.
(b) Madame Chiang.
(c) The Chinese government.
(d) The mandarin.
6. Gladys believed she was told that the Lord would bless the church in how many days?
(b) One hundred.
7. What happened to the students who refused to renounce Christianity?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were beheaded.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They were ridiculed.
8. After being bombed, the mule inn was used for which task?
(a) Tending the wounded.
(c) Radio correspondence.
(d) Housing livestock.
9. Where did Gladys hide the children as they passed through Japanese-held territory?
(a) Cattle cars.
(b) Coal cars.
(c) Military tanks.
10. What group of people prayed for Gladys and the prisoners she was visiting?
(a) The lamas.
(b) Other prisoners.
(c) A leper colony.
(d) A group of bandits.
11. When did Gladys take a position at a Methodist church to receive war refugees?
(a) After she returned from England.
(b) Before preaching at the prison.
(c) As soon as she brought the children to Madame Chiang's.
(d) After the war was over.
12. Where did Gladys move after she recovered from her illness?
(b) A temple in Canton.
(c) A factory in Sian.
(d) A school in Peking.
13. Why were Gladys and the children forced to get off the train and walk through the mountains?
(a) They did not have enough money.
(b) The Japanese were using it for soldiers.
(c) The train did not run because of danger from the Japanese.
(d) There were no passenger trains in China.
14. Who was a murderer and the toughest inmate in the prison?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) Mr. Ting.
(c) Mr. Shan.
(d) Lu En.
15. Where was a branch of Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
(a) A Buddhist temple.
(b) A cave.
(c) A barn.
(d) A Chinese palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bombed the mule inn?
2. How many children did Gladys take through the mountains to Madame Chiang's?
3. What did Gladys find in a box left behind by a missionary?
4. What did the previous missionary give to the lamas?
5. How long should the journey to the orphanage have taken?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)