|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gladys saw Lao Dah two years after their first meeting, what was he?
(a) A mandarin.
(b) A bandit.
(c) A general.
(d) A beggar.
2. Where was a branch of Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
(a) A cave.
(b) A Buddhist temple.
(c) A Chinese palace.
(d) A barn.
3. Who wondered if God allowed the students to die before worse things could happen to them?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) The pastor.
(d) Mr. Lu.
4. Who ordered a boat for Gladys and the children?
(a) A military man.
(b) A mandarin.
(c) Madame Chiang.
(d) A missionary.
5. What object did Chu En want?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A stethoscope.
(d) A Bible.
6. What showed Gladys that the country of her birth had lost its way spiritually?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A letter.
7. How long should the journey to the orphanage have taken?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Two days.
8. Who asked to be converted to Christianity before leaving to another province?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) Mr. Lu.
(c) Madame Chiang.
(d) The mandarin.
9. How many of the students gathered in the square renounced Christianity?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
10. How were the results from the second test different than those from the first?
(a) More students were in poverty.
(b) More students were anti-government.
(c) More students were Christians.
(d) Fewer students were Christians.
11. Who bombed the mule inn?
12. What was Gladys doing that attracted a lama's attention?
(a) Unbinding feet.
13. What did Mr. Shan do after Gladys touched him?
(a) Cursed Gladys.
(b) Called a prison guard.
(c) Attacked Gladys.
14. How long did Lao Dah stay with Gladys after his return?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
15. Why did Gladys take the children through the mountains on mule tracks?
(a) The Japanese controlled the roads.
(b) That was the only route.
(c) The mule tracks were well-maintained.
(d) Gladys was given wrong directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
2. The questionnaires given to the university students evaluated what?
3. What did Gladys say that offended Lao Dah?
4. Approximately how many lamas were in the lamasery that Gladys visited?
5. Where did Gladys hide the children as they passed through Japanese-held territory?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)