|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Gladys arrive in China?
2. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mr. Shen.
(b) Mrs. Lawson.
(c) Mrs. Townsend.
(d) Dr. Fisher.
3. Where did Gladys care for her children?
(a) Her inn.
(b) An orphanage.
(d) A school.
4. Why did Mrs. Lawson tell Gladys not to undress for bed?
(a) Because of the cold temperature.
(b) Because she might be needed in the middle of the night.
(c) Because there was nowhere to change.
(d) So that her possessions would not be stolen.
5. Gladys used her inspections to talk about whom?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) The mandarin.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The emperor.
6. Gladys decided to travel to where in China?
7. In Chapter 5, from which government official did Gladys receive a visit?
(a) The king.
(b) The general.
(c) The emperor.
(d) The mandarin.
8. Where did Mrs. Lawson preach?
(a) The church.
(c) The market and street corners.
(d) In homes.
9. When Gladys arrived at the home of Mrs. Ching, what did Mrs. Ching originally claim?
(a) No children lived there.
(b) Her husband was not home.
(c) She was a Christian.
(d) She did not know where her children were.
10. In which country was Gladys' train attacked?
11. Who scolded Gladys for her recklessness?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) Mrs. Lawson.
(c) British Consulate official.
(d) Japanese captain.
12. Where was Gladys told to sleep after arriving at Mrs. Lawson's?
(a) In the guest bedroom.
(b) Anywhere she wanted.
(c) In the kitchen.
13. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
14. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) Old age.
15. When Gladys awoke one night during the convention, what did she suspect was happening?
(a) Enemy bombardment.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) The end of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seemed to answer Gladys' complaint?
2. Who owned the children in Mrs. Ching's house?
3. What was Gladys doing when she met Mrs. Ching?
4. Whom did Gladys follow to the pier in Vladivostok?
5. Approximately how much did a fare to China cost?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)