|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begged Gladys to flee with the Chinese army?
(a) The mandarin and his wife.
(b) Lao Dah.
(c) Mr. Lu and the children.
(d) The general, his wife, and soldiers.
2. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
(a) Foot-binding of females.
(b) Praying to Buddha.
(c) Taking of opium.
3. Where did Mrs. Lawson preach?
(b) The church.
(c) The market and street corners.
(d) In homes.
4. Who asked Mr. Shan if he was miserable?
(a) Dr. Huang.
(b) Mr. Lu.
(d) The prison guard.
5. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
(c) Opium trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
2. Who was praying for the villages in northwest China?
3. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
4. Where did Gladys take the baby she bought?
5. Who broke up meetings of Christian Chinese students?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)