|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the children in Mrs. Ching's house?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) The children's father.
(c) The children's master.
2. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Old age.
3. Why could Gladys not sleeping during the first night at the lamasery?
(a) The noise of the lamas praying was too distracting.
(b) Lamas came to her door asking to talk with her.
(c) She was too nervous to fall asleep.
(d) She was fasting and praying.
4. What was Gladys considered by the Japanese?
(a) An English spy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An innocent missionary.
(d) A wanted woman.
5. Which city in Ireland did Gladys agree to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Gladys live with in London?
2. What kind of reputation did the town have in which Gladys met Mrs. Ching?
3. Whom did Gladys tend to in England?
4. What ceased when Mrs. Lawson died?
5. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)