|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(b) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
(c) They had insufficient funding.
(d) They decided that she was too young.
2. What were the college students sticking pins into?
(b) A map of northwest China.
(c) A paper donkey.
(d) A voodoo doll.
3. Where did Mrs. Ching expect Gladys was taking her?
(a) Her master's.
(c) The mandarin's.
4. In what position was Gladys able to travel to villages during the war?
(a) English citizen.
5. Who had placed restrictions on immigration, making it difficult for Gladys to leave?
(a) The English government.
(b) The Communist government.
(c) The Russian government.
(d) The American government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
2. By the end of Chapter 6, how many children had Gladys accumulated?
3. With what did Gladys buy her first child?
4. How long should the journey to the orphanage have taken?
5. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)