|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Mrs. Lawson's rent low?
(a) The locals thought her house was haunted.
(b) She paid using English money.
(c) Her house was small.
(d) The landlord was benevolent.
2. While on the train, Gladys discovered that which two countries were fighting?
(a) Russia and Japan.
(b) Russia and Norway.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Russia and China.
3. Who seemed to answer Gladys' complaint?
(a) A friend.
(c) An English mission society.
(d) The mandarin.
4. What did Gladys apply for in 1936?
(a) Chinese citizenship.
(b) A teaching position.
5. Where did Gladys take the baby she bought?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined Gladys in her mission work?
2. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
3. What hindered the train conductor from communicating with Gladys?
4. Where was Gladys told to sleep after arriving at Mrs. Lawson's?
5. Whom did Gladys follow to the pier in Vladivostok?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)