|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gladys free herself from the Russian soldiers who captured her on the gangway?
(a) She bribed them with her fur coat.
(b) She bribed them with an English pound.
(c) She called for help.
(d) She ran away.
2. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
3. Where did Gladys take the baby she bought?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) The hospital.
4. After arriving in Japan, to whom was Gladys handed?
(a) The British Consulate.
(b) A Japanese official.
(c) A ship sailing to China.
(d) A missionary organization.
5. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Dr. Fisher.
(c) Mrs. Townsend.
(d) Mr. Shen.
Short Answer Questions
1. After several years in China, Gladys felt like a member of what?
2. Where did Gladys care for her children?
3. Who delivered a last-minute sermon at Gladys' convention?
4. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
5. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)