|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hindered the train conductor from communicating with Gladys?
(a) The conductor forgot that she was on the train.
(b) Gladys was sleeping.
(c) The conductor refused to speak to a woman
(d) The conductor did not speak English.
2. How many girls did Mrs. Ching eventually bring forward to Gladys?
3. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
4. What was Gladys doing when she met Mrs. Ching?
(a) Preaching at a market.
(b) Traveling to southern China.
(c) Inspecting girls for foot-binding.
(d) Looking for orphans.
5. To which biblical character did Gladys most closely relate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questioned Gladys' presumption to bring her civilization and religion to China?
2. In Chapter 8, what did the mandarin fail to see when speaking to Gladys?
3. Approximately how much did a fare to China cost?
4. Gladys saw the soldiers go where?
5. Gladys cared for wounded during which war?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)