|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
(a) She was moving.
(b) The child was her only daughter.
(c) The child was ill.
(d) She was selling the child.
2. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
(a) Laugh at her.
(b) Banish her.
(c) Cut off her head.
(d) Imprison her.
3. Who traveled the province with Gladys as she inspected?
(a) The mandarin.
(b) Mr. Lu.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) A guide.
4. What did Gladys' Chinese name mean?
(a) Small woman.
(b) Story teller.
(c) Virtuous woman.
(d) Little woman.
5. How long did it take Gladys to earn her fare to China?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questioned Gladys' presumption to bring her civilization and religion to China?
2. To where did Gladys take Mrs. Ching and her children?
3. In Chapter 5, from which government official did Gladys receive a visit?
4. Who did Gladys first find in Vladivostok?
5. What ceased when Mrs. Lawson died?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)