|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
(a) She was selling the child.
(b) She was moving.
(c) The child was ill.
(d) The child was her only daughter.
2. Gladys used her inspections to talk about whom?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The emperor.
(c) Mrs. Lawson.
(d) The mandarin.
3. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
(a) Laugh at her.
(b) Cut off her head.
(c) Banish her.
(d) Imprison her.
4. Who took Gladys to Yangcheng?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) The British consulate official.
(c) Mr. Lu.
(d) A young woman.
5. Gladys decided to travel to where in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gladys first refuse to buy the child?
2. What kind of reputation did the town have in which Gladys met Mrs. Ching?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, to which town was Gladys directed?
4. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
5. To whom did Gladys introduce Mrs. Ching?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)