|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Mrs. Lawson's rent low?
(a) The locals thought her house was haunted.
(b) Her house was small.
(c) The landlord was benevolent.
(d) She paid using English money.
2. After questioning Gladys, what did the officials in Chita do with her?
(a) They put her on another train.
(b) They kept her in jail.
(c) They invited her to their house to learn more about Christianity.
(d) They banished her from town.
3. Who took Gladys' passport from her in Vladivostok?
(a) A Russian interpreter.
(b) Japanese sailors.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Russian soldiers.
4. What did Gladys receive as gifts from her family and friends before leaving?
(a) Money and flowers.
(b) A dress and umbrella.
(c) A fur coat and suitcase.
(d) A Bible and journal.
5. Where did Mrs. Lawson preach?
(a) In homes.
(c) The market and street corners.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gladys find the note, "Be ye not afraid of them--I am your God"?
2. Why did Gladys want to go to China?
3. Who was given the job of grabbing the lead mules from the mule trail?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, to which town was Gladys directed?
5. What about Mrs. Lawson and Gladys amazed the Chinese?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)