|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceased when Mrs. Lawson died?
(a) Tension between the Chinese and the missionaries.
(b) Gladys's mission work.
(c) Mrs. Lawson's source of private income.
(d) Peace among the Chinese.
2. After Gladys left Chita, what did she decide to do?
(a) Return to England until the fighting was over.
(b) Stay in Russia until the fighting was over.
(c) Continue to China.
(d) Stay in Russia as a missionary.
3. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
(a) A store.
(b) A church.
(c) An inn.
(d) A school.
4. Where was Gladys when she first realized that God had a claim on her life?
(b) Religious meeting.
(c) Sunday school.
5. Gladys saw the soldiers go where?
(a) Into the forest.
(b) On a ship.
(c) Continue down the tracks.
(d) Back to the previous town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hindered the train conductor from communicating with Gladys?
2. Why did Mrs. Lawson greet Gladys without emotion?
3. Where did Mrs. Lawson preach?
4. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
5. With what did Gladys entertain the muleteers?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)