|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
(a) A train whistle.
(c) An avalanche.
2. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mrs. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Lawson.
(c) Mr. Shen.
(d) Dr. Fisher.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, to which town was Gladys directed?
4. Where was Gladys when she first realized that God had a claim on her life?
(a) Sunday school.
(c) Religious meeting.
5. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
(b) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(c) They had insufficient funding.
(d) They decided that she was too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gladys want to go to China?
2. Gladys saw the soldiers go where?
3. As a child, what did Gladys want to become?
4. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
5. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)