|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, from which government official did Gladys receive a visit?
(a) The emperor.
(b) The mandarin.
(c) The king.
(d) The general.
2. What group of people prayed for Gladys and the prisoners she was visiting?
(a) A leper colony.
(b) The lamas.
(c) Other prisoners.
(d) A group of bandits.
3. What was Gladys considered by the Japanese?
(a) An innocent missionary.
(b) A wanted woman.
(c) An English spy.
(d) An old woman.
4. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
(a) Cut off her head.
(b) Imprison her.
(c) Laugh at her.
(d) Banish her.
5. Who told Gladys that a lama had met another missionary a few years earlier?
(a) Mr. Shan.
(b) The head lama.
(c) Dr. Huang.
(d) Another missionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gladys doing that attracted a lama's attention?
2. Who bombed the mule inn?
3. When a woman again offered to sell a child to Gladys, what did Gladys find in her pocket?
4. Who kidnapped Lao Dah?
5. Who did Gladys first send to the orphanage?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)