|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
(d) Opium trade.
2. Who told Gladys that a lama had met another missionary a few years earlier?
(a) Another missionary.
(b) The head lama.
(c) Mr. Shan.
(d) Dr. Huang.
3. Gladys used her inspections to talk about whom?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The emperor.
(d) The mandarin.
4. Who begged Gladys to flee with the Chinese army?
(a) The mandarin and his wife.
(b) The general, his wife, and soldiers.
(c) Mr. Lu and the children.
(d) Lao Dah.
5. Who asked Mr. Shan if he was miserable?
(b) Mr. Lu.
(c) Dr. Huang.
(d) The prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
2. What did Mr. Shan do after Gladys touched him?
3. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
4. Why could Gladys not sleeping during the first night at the lamasery?
5. After being bombed, the mule inn was used for which task?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)