|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Gladys not sleeping during the first night at the lamasery?
(a) She was too nervous to fall asleep.
(b) The noise of the lamas praying was too distracting.
(c) She was fasting and praying.
(d) Lamas came to her door asking to talk with her.
2. Who did Gladys first send to the orphanage?
(a) Lao Dah.
(b) Madame Chiang.
(c) Mrs. Ching.
(d) Mr. Lu.
3. Who kidnapped Lao Dah?
(a) The Japanese army.
(b) The Chinese army.
(c) The police.
(d) His own men.
4. What were the college students sticking pins into?
(b) A voodoo doll.
(c) A paper donkey.
(d) A map of northwest China.
5. With what did Gladys buy her first child?
(a) Some food.
(b) A mule.
(c) Approximately ninepence.
(d) A pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gladys tell the woman who was holding a child?
2. What did Gladys say that offended Lao Dah?
3. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
4. Who was a murderer and the toughest inmate in the prison?
5. As Gladys considered whether or not to flee, what verse did she read?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)