Chapters 1 and 2
1. As a child, what did Gladys want to become?
(a) A parlormaid.
(b) A stage actress.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A singer.
2. Where was Gladys when she first realized that God had a claim on her life?
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Religious meeting.
3. Where did Gladys first read about China?
(a) Young Life Campaign magazine.
(b) Sunday school tract.
(c) Lives of the Saints.
(d) School book.
4. Why did Gladys want to go to China?
(a) Because her brother was going as a missionary.
(b) Because millions in China had never heard of Jesus Christ.
(c) Because a Chinese missionary encouraged her to go.
(d) Because the Chinese culture fascinated her.
5. How did Gladys first prepare herself for China?
(a) She raised support from area churches.
(b) She learned Chinese.
(c) She researched Chinese history.
(d) She went to a mission society's college.
6. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They had insufficient funding.
(b) They decided that she was too young.
(c) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(d) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
This section contains 3,802 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)