|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car do the girls take to the pool in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Tibby babysit while her family visits Katherine in Chapter 8?
3. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget apologize to Eric for?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Naughton ask Bridget?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
2. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
3. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
5. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
6. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
7. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
8. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
9. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
10. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the college choices made by each girl. How do these choices prove problematic? How is the college decision resolved for each girl? What does college represent to these girls?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)