|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department does Win work in at the hospital?
2. Who becomes Bridget's partner at soccer camp in Chapter 11?
3. What does Lena's mother pay Carmen to watch Valia?
4. When did the girls first use the pants?
5. In Chapter 15, what do the girls talk about when they are at Tibby's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
2. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
3. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
4. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
5. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
6. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
7. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
9. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
10. How does Lena organize her closet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
Essay Topic 2
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)