|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What soccer team is Bridget coaching?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Tibby include with her note to Carmen?
3. What flavor jellybeans do Carmen and Tibby send Lena to cheer her up?
4. Where does Lena go in Chapter 6 when she borrows her father's car?
5. What does Brian tell Tibby at the park after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
2. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
3. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
4. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
5. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
6. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
7. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
8. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
9. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
10. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how family helps and hurts each of the girls. What message is conveyed about family in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)