|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Carmen go to school but still stay at home?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Bridget mistake a mitten for?
3. Who said the opening quote for Chapter 5?
4. Where has Eric gone so far this summer in Chapter 10?
5. What department does Win work in at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
2. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
3. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
4. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
6. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
7. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
8. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
9. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
10. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 2
What does Carmen fear in this novel? How does she overcome her fears and what does this mean to her as a character?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)