Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flavor jellybeans do Carmen and Tibby send Lena to cheer her up?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget apologize to Eric for?
3. How does Carmen get Valia to the hospital in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Lena not like the idea of attending a regular university?
5. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
2. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
3. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
4. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
5. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
6. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
7. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
8. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
9. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
10. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)