|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Win say about Valia in Chapter 12?
2. What language does Loretta speak?
3. How far away is the college Carmen plans on attending?
4. Who becomes Bridget's partner at soccer camp in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 16, what surprises Bridget during her run with Naughton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
2. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
3. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
6. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
8. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
9. How does Lena organize her closet?
10. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
On the final day at the beach house, the girls exchange presents. Describe the presents and what they represent. How is each present a reflection of the giver?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lena struggle with art school? How does she resolve this struggle? What message is the author conveying through Lena's experiences at art school?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)