|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Carmen go to school but still stay at home?
2. What is one reason given in Chapter 10 for Bridget's success at soccer?
3. What college does Carmen want to go to?
4. In Chapter 16, what surprises Bridget during her run with Naughton?
5. Who does Carmen meet at the ice cream parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
3. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
4. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
5. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
6. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
8. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
9. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
10. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the college choices made by each girl. How do these choices prove problematic? How is the college decision resolved for each girl? What does college represent to these girls?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)