|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian bring for Tibby's family when he picks her up for the dance?
2. In Chapter 15, what do the girls talk about when they are at Tibby's house?
3. What college does Carmen want to go to?
4. Why does Annik criticize Lena's drawing in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget apologize to Eric for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
2. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
3. How does Lena organize her closet?
4. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
6. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
7. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
8. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
9. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
10. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On the final day at the beach house, the girls exchange presents. Describe the presents and what they represent. How is each present a reflection of the giver?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lena struggle with art school? How does she resolve this struggle? What message is the author conveying through Lena's experiences at art school?
Essay Topic 3
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)