|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Carmen go to school but still stay at home?
2. Why is Katherine in the hospital?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Lena's father offer to pay for?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Naughton ask Bridget?
5. In Chapter 12, why won't Valia get into Carmen's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
2. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
4. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
5. What happens because of the rain during Bridget's camping trip in Chapter 17?
6. In Chapter 28, what does Eric reveal to Bridget?
7. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
8. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
9. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
10. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)