|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Bridget mistake a mitten for?
2. What college does Carmen want to go to?
3. Where has Eric gone so far this summer in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Win tell Carmen?
5. Why does Lena cry in her room in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
3. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
4. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
6. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
7. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
8. Describe Carmen's gift to her friends.
9. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
10. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
Essay Topic 1
What does Annik's wheelchair represent? How does Lena learn from the wheelchair?
Essay Topic 2
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how family helps and hurts each of the girls. What message is conveyed about family in this novel?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)