|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college does Carmen want to go to?
2. Whose car do the girls take to the pool in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Lena cry in her room in Chapter 10?
4. Who is Katherine?
5. Which friend of Bridget's is also a soccer coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
2. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
3. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
4. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
6. How does Lena organize her closet?
7. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
8. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
9. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
10. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lena struggle with art school? How does she resolve this struggle? What message is the author conveying through Lena's experiences at art school?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)