|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the girls first use the pants?
2. In Chapter 16, what surprises Bridget during her run with Naughton?
3. Why does Tibby's sister try to climb a tree?
4. When did Carmen put star stickers on her ceiling?
5. Why does Lena cry in her room in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
2. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
3. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
4. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
5. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
6. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
7. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
8. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
10. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how family helps and hurts each of the girls. What message is conveyed about family in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tibby's sister's accident impact Tibby throughout the novel? What do the tree and helmet represent? How does the accident help Tibby to grow or not grow?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)