|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gilda's?
2. When is Carmen's mother's baby due?
3. How does Carmen get Valia to the hospital in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Tibby babysit while her family visits Katherine in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 12, why won't Valia get into Carmen's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
2. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
3. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
4. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
5. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
6. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
7. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
8. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
9. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
10. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)