|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen want to borrow from her mother's room in Chapter 4?
2. What does Lena notice about her mother when she draws her?
3. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
4. What college does Carmen want to go to?
5. How many people applied for the RISD scholarship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
2. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
3. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
4. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
5. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
7. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
8. How does Lena organize her closet?
9. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tibby's sister's accident impact Tibby throughout the novel? What do the tree and helmet represent? How does the accident help Tibby to grow or not grow?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)