|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Bridget's is also a soccer coach?
2. What are Bridget and Eric in charge of at the camp?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Bridget talk about all night in her bunk?
4. What is Gilda's?
5. Who said the opening quote for Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
3. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
4. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
6. How does Lena organize her closet?
7. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
8. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
9. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
10. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lena struggle with art school? How does she resolve this struggle? What message is the author conveying through Lena's experiences at art school?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)