|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Carmen's mother's baby due?
2. Why do Bridget and Eric fall into the lake in Chapter 14?
3. What is one reason given in Chapter 10 for Bridget's success at soccer?
4. In Chapter 9, who does Valia say separated from his wife?
5. Where does Lena work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
2. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
4. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
6. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
7. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
8. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
9. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
10. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lena's drawings of her family. What was revealed in each drawing? How did her drawings help her to grow as a character?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)