|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the girls' high school graduation take place?
2. At the senior dance, where does Tibby ask Brian to go with her?
3. Where does Bridget meet Eric?
4. What does Brian bring for Tibby's family when he picks her up for the dance?
5. What does Tibby wear to the senior dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
2. How does Lena organize her closet?
3. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
4. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
6. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
7. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
8. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
9. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
10. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)