|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katherine?
2. Why does Tibby's sister try to climb a tree?
3. Where has Tibby been accepted to college?
4. After her first kiss with Brian, how does Tibby describe how she feels?
5. Who becomes Bridget's partner at soccer camp in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
2. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Tibby feel guilty about Katherine's injuries?
4. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
5. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
6. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
7. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
8. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
9. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
10. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)