|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carmen visits Tibby in Chapter 16, what does she say she sees?
2. In Chapter 16, what surprises Bridget during her run with Naughton?
3. Who is Katherine?
4. Where does Bridget meet Eric?
5. Why does Tibby's sister try to climb a tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
2. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
4. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
5. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
7. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
8. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
9. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
10. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tibby's sister's accident impact Tibby throughout the novel? What do the tree and helmet represent? How does the accident help Tibby to grow or not grow?
Essay Topic 2
On the final day at the beach house, the girls exchange presents. Describe the presents and what they represent. How is each present a reflection of the giver?
Essay Topic 3
What does Annik's wheelchair represent? How does Lena learn from the wheelchair?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)