|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl is compared to a bright red gas guzzler?
2. What flavor jellybeans do Carmen and Tibby send Lena to cheer her up?
3. Who is Katherine?
4. When is Carmen's mother's baby due?
5. What language does Loretta speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena organize her closet?
2. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
3. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
6. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
7. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
9. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
10. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
What does Annik's wheelchair represent? How does Lena learn from the wheelchair?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)