|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Lena and Carmen agree to wait before getting Bridget from Soccer Camp?
2. Where can Carmen go to school but still stay at home?
3. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Annik suggest Lena do in order to attend art school?
5. How does Carmen get Valia to the hospital in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
2. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
4. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
5. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
6. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
8. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
9. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
10. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)