|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Valia fall in the ice cream parlor?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Valia do on the computer?
4. Why do Bridget and Eric fall into the lake in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Tibby blame for Katherine's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
2. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
3. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
4. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
5. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
7. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
8. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
9. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
10. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how family helps and hurts each of the girls. What message is conveyed about family in this novel?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)