|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bridget meet Eric?
2. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
3. When did Carmen put star stickers on her ceiling?
4. What makes Bridget nervous about Eric in Chapter 15?
5. At the senior dance, where does Tibby ask Brian to go with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
2. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
3. Why is Tibby conflicted about going to film school?
4. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
5. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
6. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
7. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
8. How does Valia end up visiting the emergency room in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
10. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Carmen fear in this novel? How does she overcome her fears and what does this mean to her as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)