|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Bridget is Eric?
2. In Chapter 15, what do the girls talk about when they are at Tibby's house?
3. At the senior dance, where does Tibby ask Brian to go with her?
4. Who is Katherine?
5. What soccer team is Bridget coaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
2. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
3. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
5. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
7. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
8. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
9. In Chapter 14, how is an average day of Bridget's described?
10. What happens when the girls go to the pool in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
Essay Topic 2
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)