|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carmen's dad decide to talk to Williams College in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Tibby include with her note to Carmen?
3. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
4. Why do Bridget and Eric fall into the lake in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Lena's father offer to pay for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
2. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
3. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
4. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
5. In Chapter 13, why is Carmen still reluctant in regard to her feelings about Win?
6. How does Lena organize her closet?
7. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
8. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
9. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
10. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Soccer Camp develop Bridget as a character? How would she be different if she went some place else for the summer?
Essay Topic 2
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
On the final day at the beach house, the girls exchange presents. Describe the presents and what they represent. How is each present a reflection of the giver?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)