|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tibby open her bedroom window in Chapter 4?
2. What animal does Carmen pretend to be when she takes Katherine to the hospital?
3. After her first kiss with Brian, how does Tibby describe how she feels?
4. Who does Carmen meet at the ice cream parlor?
5. Where has Eric gone so far this summer in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
2. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
3. What happens when Tibby visits Loretta in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
5. What do Bridget and Naughton talk about during their run in Chapter 16?
6. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
7. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
8. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
9. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
10. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)