|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason given in Chapter 10 for Bridget's success at soccer?
2. In Chapter 4, who does Tibby want to tell about her night with Brian?
3. When did Eric first seduce Bridget?
4. Why won't Tibby go in the pool in Chapter 13?
5. How does Carmen describe herself at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena organize her closet?
2. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
3. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
4. Why is Lena upset that Carmen takes a job caring for her grandmother?
5. What does Lena tell her father when she goes back to her art class?
6. What happens between Lena and Annik in Chapter 12?
7. What happens when Carmen discusses staying at home with her mother in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
9. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
10. What conversation do Lena and Annik have in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)