|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the college Carmen plans on attending?
2. How many people applied for the RISD scholarship?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Win tell Carmen?
4. When did the girls first use the pants?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Annik suggest Lena do in order to attend art school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what embarrasses Bridget?
2. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
3. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
4. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
5. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
6. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
7. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
8. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
9. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Bridget wear the Traveling Pants in Chapter 28?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the college choices made by each girl. How do these choices prove problematic? How is the college decision resolved for each girl? What does college represent to these girls?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how family helps and hurts each of the girls. What message is conveyed about family in this novel?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)