|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Lena and Carmen agree to wait before getting Bridget from Soccer Camp?
2. What do the girls say when they unfold the pants in Chapter 1?
3. When are the pants put away?
4. Why do Tibby's parents fire Loretta?
5. What does Win say about Valia in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget's conversation with Naughton make her realize about Eric?
3. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Carmen's mom tell her about her pregnancy?
5. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
6. Why does Lena's father disapprove of her art class?
7. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
8. In Chapter 15, what makes Bridget worry?
9. What happens when Lena draws her mother?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Carmen worry about when she thinks of the fall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)