|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
2. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
3. Which of the following people use the path?
4. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
5. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do the stories suggest colonialism effected Nigerians? What struggles do the stories suggest Nigeria had in the early post-colonial years? Choose one story and examine what it says about how Nigeria coped during these times.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)