|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
2. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
3. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
4. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
5. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
2. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
3. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
4. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
5. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
6. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
7. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
8. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
9. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
10. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has Achebe chosen to tell the story from Mike's point of view? How would the story change if it was told from the Cletus's point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)