|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
2. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
3. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
4. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
5. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
2. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
3. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
4. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
5. In what way does Ben show great self control?
6. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
7. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
8. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
9. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
10. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)