|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
2. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
3. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
4. What kind of car does Mrs. Emenike own?
5. What sports did Ben play at his club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
2. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
3. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
4. In what way does Ben show great self control?
5. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
6. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
7. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
8. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
9. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
10. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
What war did Nigeria fight in the book? What effect did the war have in their country?
Essay Topic 3
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)