|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
2. What is the title of the story in this section?
3. What sports did Ben play at his club?
4. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
5. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
2. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
3. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
4. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
5. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
6. How does Michael want to change the school?
7. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
8. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
9. In what way does Ben show great self control?
10. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)