|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
2. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
3. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
4. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
5. What is the name of the island Mike travels to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
2. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
3. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
4. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
5. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
6. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
7. How does Michael want to change the school?
8. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
9. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
10. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why has Achebe chosen to tell the story from Mike's point of view? How would the story change if it was told from the Cletus's point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)