|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julius step on?
2. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
3. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
4. Whose house did Ben run to?
5. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
Essay Topic 1
How do the stories suggest colonialism effected Nigerians? What struggles do the stories suggest Nigeria had in the early post-colonial years? Choose one story and examine what it says about how Nigeria coped during these times.
Essay Topic 2
What role does spirituality play in all of the stories? How does spirituality effect the characters lives and the decisions they make? What conflict does traditional spirituality have with Christianity?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)