|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the story in this section?
2. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
3. Which country owns Sao Tome?
4. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
5. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)