|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vero put on her lips?
2. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
3. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
4. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
5. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
2. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
3. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
4. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
5. In what way does Ben show great self control?
6. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
7. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
8. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
9. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
10. How does Michael want to change the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why has Achebe chosen to tell the story from Mike's point of view? How would the story change if it was told from the Cletus's point of view?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)