|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
2. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
3. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
4. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
5. What sports did Ben play at his club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
2. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
3. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
4. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
5. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
6. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
7. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
8. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
9. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
10. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 2
What do the stories say about the gap between the older and younger generation? Why does the gap seem so big? What do the attitude of the younger generation about how Nigeria will develop in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)