|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
2. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
3. What does Ben tell the woman he will strike if she doesn't tell him who she is?
4. Which of the following people use the path?
5. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
2. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
3. How does Michael want to change the school?
4. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
5. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
6. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
7. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
8. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
9. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
10. How does Jonathan take advantage of his blessings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)