|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
2. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
3. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
4. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
5. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 3
What picture do the stories paint of everyday Nigerian life? What was the typical family like? What do they do during both the day and the night? Imagine you are a Nigerian growing up in these times and write a typical day in your life.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)