|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words found their way into Chike's song?
(a) Constellation and conducive.
(b) Superstitious and camoflage.
(c) Periscope and energy.
(d) Periwinkles and Damascus.
2. What is the name of the tribe Nnaemeka was born into?
3. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They will lead to temptation.
(b) They fly the roost.
(c) They will rise against their fathers.
(d) They will break down social structures.
4. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
5. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
(a) Afo and Eke.
(b) Tee and Gonad.
(c) Ogli and Keke.
(d) Kike and Lumar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
2. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
3. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
4. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
5. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
2. Why do people like Rufus so much?
3. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
4. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
5. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
6. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
7. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
8. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
9. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
10. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)