|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
(a) Writing novels.
(b) Election campaigning.
(d) Translating English.
2. Why do people avoid talking to Nnameka's father about his son?
(a) He always flies into a temper.
(b) He knows nothing about love.
(c) He always starts to cry.
(d) He has threatened to sue the next person who mentions his name.
3. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(a) The People's Alliance Party.
(c) Great Britain.
(d) The African National Congress.
4. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Move the soup pot.
(b) Send it out of the house.
(c) Cover the soup pot.
(d) Give it food.
5. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A tool maker.
(d) A bicycle repairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
2. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
3. What marks a change in seasons?
4. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
5. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the red cross men so upset?
2. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
3. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
4. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
5. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
6. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
7. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. How does meeting Gladys effect Reginald the second time?
10. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)