|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
2. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) Under a cassia tree.
(b) In his shed.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Behind the toilets.
3. What does the Diviner say Elizabeth's ancestors must be appeased with?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A goat.
4. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
(c) Red ink.
(d) Purple ink.
5. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
(a) He spent more time with his family.
(b) He treated his wives better.
(c) He became kinder to strangers.
(d) He became quiet and withdrawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
2. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
3. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
4. What is the name of Chike's father?
5. Why does it amuse Akueke to see her grandfather drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chike love about school?
2. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
3. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
4. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
5. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
6. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
7. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
8. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
9. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
10. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)