|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of the village think Marcus Ibe entered politics?
(a) To escape imprisonment.
(b) To create connections.
(c) To fund his business interests.
(d) To avoid being dismissed from his job as a teacher.
2. What is the name of Chike's mother?
3. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
(a) She is the image of his mother.
(b) She is the most intelligent girl in the town.
(c) She is the most beautiful girl in the town.
(d) She is always happy.
4. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
(a) A scowl.
(b) A straight face.
(c) A scary face.
(d) A smirk.
5. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
(a) A bell.
(b) A dog whistle.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
2. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
3. What does Okeke hum to himself?
4. In the Sacrificial Egg, what is the name of the market place?
5. Why is Rufus so popular?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
4. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
5. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
6. Why is the market place called Nwko?
7. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
8. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
9. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
10. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)