|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(b) The African National Congress.
(c) The People's Alliance Party.
(d) Great Britain.
2. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) Ten Green Bottles.
(b) Oranges and Lemons.
(c) English Country Garden.
(d) A Pocket Full of Posies.
3. Where did the wizards live in the story Chike liked to read?
(b) South America.
4. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A car mechanic.
(b) A tool maker.
(c) A bicycle repairman.
(d) A lawyer.
5. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(b) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(c) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
(d) He votes for the third party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
2. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
3. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
4. What is the title of the second story in this section?
5. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
2. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
3. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
4. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
5. What does the drunken man at the people force Reginald to think about?
6. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
7. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
8. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
9. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
10. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)