|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
(a) Their grandfather.
(d) Their mother.
2. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
(a) He became quiet and withdrawn.
(b) He spent more time with his family.
(c) He became kinder to strangers.
(d) He treated his wives better.
3. Why do people avoid talking to Nnameka's father about his son?
(a) He has threatened to sue the next person who mentions his name.
(b) He always flies into a temper.
(c) He knows nothing about love.
(d) He always starts to cry.
4. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They will lead to temptation.
(b) They will rise against their fathers.
(c) They fly the roost.
(d) They will break down social structures.
5. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A bicycle repairman.
(c) A car mechanic.
(d) A tool maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the second story in this section?
2. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
3. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
4. What took the form of a handsome man in order to destroy Onwuero?
5. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
2. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
3. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
4. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
5. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
6. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
7. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
8. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
9. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
10. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)