|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
(a) They offered food to idols.
(b) They cooked only traditional food.
(c) They cooked heathen food.
(d) They had no pictures of Jesus adorning their walls.
2. What is the name of the rival party to PAP?
3. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The President.
4. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Drama class.
(b) Religious class.
(c) English class.
(d) Sport class.
5. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Toffee cakes.
(b) Bean cakes.
(c) Sponge cakes.
(d) Coffee cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe Nnaemeka was born into?
2. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
3. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
4. What two words found their way into Chike's song?
5. Who looks after Akueke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
2. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
3. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
4. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
5. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
6. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
7. Describe Akueke's family life?
8. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
9. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
10. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)