|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Give it food.
(b) Send it out of the house.
(c) Cover the soup pot.
(d) Move the soup pot.
2. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
3. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her father.
4. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) European beer.
(c) Rose water.
5. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Bean cakes.
(b) Toffee cakes.
(c) Coffee cakes.
(d) Sponge cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
2. What does Okeke hum to himself?
3. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
4. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
5. What kind of village did Julius come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
2. How does the author describe Gladys the second time Reginald meets her?
3. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
4. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
5. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
6. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
7. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
8. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
9. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
10. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)