|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A python.
(b) A brown snake.
(c) A puff adder.
(d) A boa-constricter.
2. What does Nwibe tell the madman he looks hungry for?
(a) A telling off.
(b) A whipping.
(c) A woman.
3. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) Ten Green Bottles.
(b) English Country Garden.
(c) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(d) Oranges and Lemons.
4. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They fly the roost.
(b) They will rise against their fathers.
(c) They will lead to temptation.
(d) They will break down social structures.
5. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
(a) The Diviner.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The Witch Doctor.
(d) The Special One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
2. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
3. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
4. Why is Rufus so popular?
5. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
2. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
3. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
4. Describe Akueke's family life?
5. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
6. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
7. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
8. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
9. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
10. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)