|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her sisters.
2. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) He wants to move to England.
(b) She is unfaithful.
(c) He doesn't love her.
(d) She has no money.
3. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
(a) They will go to heaven.
(b) They will own their own.
(c) They will ride in it.
(d) They will become rich.
4. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A high life band.
(b) A dancing troupe.
(c) Spanish guitarists.
(d) A gospel choir.
5. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) Oranges and Lemons.
(b) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(c) Ten Green Bottles.
(d) English Country Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
2. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
3. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
4. In the Sacrificial Egg, what is the name of the market place?
5. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
2. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
3. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
4. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
5. Why is the market place called Nwko?
6. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
7. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
8. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
9. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
10. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)