|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
(a) She was eaten by wild animals.
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She was taken by Ani.
(d) She found her way back to another village.
2. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(b) Great Britain.
(c) The People's Alliance Party.
(d) The African National Congress.
3. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
(a) A shop.
(b) A farm.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A cafe.
4. What marks a change in seasons?
(a) Gloomy clouds.
(b) Sunny spells.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Wind and rain.
5. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Send it out of the house.
(b) Cover the soup pot.
(c) Give it food.
(d) Move the soup pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe Nnaemeka was born into?
2. What is the name of Chike's father?
3. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
4. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
5. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
3. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
4. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
5. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
6. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
7. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
8. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
9. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
10. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)