|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Working people.
(b) Community spirit.
(d) Free primary.
2. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) David Copperfields.
(b) Oliver Twists.
(c) Pip Larkins.
(d) Edward Scissorhands.
3. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A delivery service.
(b) A tourist rental bike.
(c) A museum piece.
(d) A taxi service.
4. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(a) Roman Catholic.
5. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
6. What does Michael recommend the old priest do?
(a) Construct another path.
(b) Find a new religion.
(c) Bury his ancestors deeper in the ground.
(d) Contact his lawyers.
7. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(b) A house.
(c) Palm wine.
8. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
(b) The Mirror.
(c) The New Age.
9. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
10. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) Girl's at War.
(b) Leave the House.
(c) Writing Life.
(d) Sugar Baby.
11. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A log.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
12. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Nigerian jungle.
(c) The sun.
(d) The Niger River.
13. What sports did Ben play at his club?
(a) Tennis and billiards.
(b) Squash and ping pong.
(c) Soccer and croquet.
(d) Cricket and rugby.
14. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
15. Which of the following people use the path?
(c) New age travelers.
(d) New born children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
2. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
3. What does Vero put on her lips?
4. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
5. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)