|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(c) Ill discipline.
(d) Bad taste.
2. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(d) Roman Catholic.
3. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
(a) A social club.
(b) A tennis club.
(c) A bordello.
(d) An enlistment center.
4. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
(a) Second hand things.
(c) Brand new things.
5. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A stick.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A knife.
6. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
(b) Deputy head.
7. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A carpenter.
8. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tickle me.
(b) Tell a joke.
(c) Play with me.
(d) Carry me.
9. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) Girls at War.
(b) The Vengeful Creditor.
(c) The Sacrificial Egg.
(d) The School Master.
10. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count B.
(c) Laugh in your face.
(d) Count C.
11. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Going clothes shopping.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Going to school.
12. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the second time they met?
(a) At a checkpoint.
(b) In acting class.
(c) In a mall.
(d) In a car park.
13. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) Father Peters.
(b) Colonel Wren.
(c) General Kanu.
(d) Father Doherty.
14. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He wrote her a nasty message.
(b) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(c) He forgot to phone her.
(d) He refused to take her to the club.
15. Which minister is the best at debating?
(a) The transport minister.
(b) The foreign minister.
(c) The finance minister.
(d) The education minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
2. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
3. Whose house did Ben run to?
4. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
5. What kind of car does Mrs. Emenike own?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)