|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
(c) The New Age.
(d) The Mirror.
2. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The Nigerian jungle.
(b) The Niger River.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
3. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Fool's gold.
(b) Happy survival.
(c) His choice.
(d) Looter's revenge.
4. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He cooks well.
(b) He sings in the church choir.
(c) He laughs at her jokes.
(d) He enjoys life.
5. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
(a) Military action.
(b) Taxi service.
(d) A white man's gift.
6. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
(d) Red ink.
7. Whose house did Ben run to?
8. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
9. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
10. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They are all on a training day.
(b) They have all been draughted into the army.
(c) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(d) They have all emigrated.
11. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(b) He refused to take her to the club.
(c) He forgot to phone her.
(d) He wrote her a nasty message.
12. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(c) Little Madame.
(d) Little Woman.
13. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) The Sacrificial Egg.
(b) The Vengeful Creditor.
(c) The School Master.
(d) Girls at War.
14. What kind of pill does the priest give Mike?
15. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) General Kanu.
(b) Father Peters.
(c) Father Doherty.
(d) Colonel Wren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
2. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
3. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
4. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
5. Which minister is the best at debating?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)