|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They have all emigrated.
(b) They are all on a training day.
(c) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(d) They have all been draughted into the army.
2. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
(a) An enlistment center.
(b) A bordello.
(c) A social club.
(d) A tennis club.
3. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
4. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) Edward Scissorhands.
(b) Pip Larkins.
(c) David Copperfields.
(d) Oliver Twists.
5. What does Julius step on?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A skull.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) An egg.
6. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
(a) To read.
(b) To find a hobby.
(c) To say no.
(d) To stay at home.
7. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) A house.
8. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He laughs at her jokes.
(b) He enjoys life.
(c) He sings in the church choir.
(d) He cooks well.
9. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(a) Bad taste.
(b) Ill discipline.
10. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
11. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) Father Doherty.
(b) Colonel Wren.
(c) General Kanu.
(d) Father Peters.
12. Whose house did Ben run to?
13. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Going clothes shopping.
(b) Making tea.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Watching television.
14. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
(a) The airplane.
(c) A bar.
(d) A restaurant.
15. Which minister is the best at debating?
(a) The finance minister.
(b) The foreign minister.
(c) The education minister.
(d) The transport minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
2. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
3. What does Cletus crave?
4. What are Goddy's favorite words?
5. What club do all progressive African men join?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)