|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(b) They are all on a training day.
(c) They have all emigrated.
(d) They have all been draughted into the army.
2. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
(b) Red ink.
3. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
(c) The New Age.
(d) The Mirror.
4. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A tourist rental bike.
(b) A taxi service.
(c) A museum piece.
(d) A delivery service.
5. What does Vero put on her lips?
(b) Nivea cream.
(c) Red ink.
(d) Blue ink.
6. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
7. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
8. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They will focus all their energies on their work.
(b) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(c) They will have fresher ideas.
(d) They will be more ready to listen.
9. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They feared going bankrupt.
(b) The country had declared war.
(c) Not enough people were going to school.
(d) They needed boys for the army.
10. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Fool's gold.
(b) His choice.
(c) Looter's revenge.
(d) Happy survival.
11. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Carry me.
(c) Tickle me.
(d) Play with me.
12. What does Ben tell the woman he will strike if she doesn't tell him who she is?
(a) The light switch.
(b) The matches.
(c) The door.
(d) Her legs.
13. What is the name of the child Vero look after?
14. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The Niger River.
(b) The moon.
(c) The Nigerian jungle.
(d) The sun.
15. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Going clothes shopping.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
2. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
3. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
4. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
5. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)