|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
(a) Beetroot Ben.
(b) Taxi Beni.
(c) Jolly Ben.
(d) Biker Ben.
2. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
(a) She gave sugar to her dog.
(b) She cursed him.
(c) She took a handful of sugar.
(d) She dropped the sugar on the floor.
3. What does Cletus crave?
4. Which minister is the best at debating?
(a) The foreign minister.
(b) The finance minister.
(c) The education minister.
(d) The transport minister.
5. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Going clothes shopping.
(d) Watching television.
6. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
(a) He hasn't had sugar since he left Europe.
(b) There is no sugar in the entire country.
(c) They have woken him up.
(d) People are dying in the war.
7. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) Oliver Twists.
(b) Pip Larkins.
(c) David Copperfields.
(d) Edward Scissorhands.
8. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
(a) A white man's gift.
(b) Military action.
(d) Taxi service.
9. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(b) They will have fresher ideas.
(c) They will be more ready to listen.
(d) They will focus all their energies on their work.
10. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(c) Roman Catholic.
11. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
(a) Hate medicine.
(c) Love medicine.
12. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
(a) A spiritual upheavel.
(b) A tribal-war situation.
(c) A heathen argument.
(d) A civil argument.
13. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
14. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
(a) A cooking pot.
(b) The back of a cave.
(c) A black board.
(d) The night sky.
15. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
(b) Deputy head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
2. What was Jonathan's job at the Coal Corporation?
3. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
4. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
5. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)