Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He cooks well.
(b) He enjoys life.
(c) He sings in the church choir.
(d) He laughs at her jokes.
2. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
(d) Father Doherty's.
3. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
(a) A penny for your thoughts.
(b) Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
(c) Wake up and smell the coffee.
(d) Blind as a bat.
4. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Fool's gold.
(b) His choice.
(c) Happy survival.
(d) Looter's revenge.
5. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) General Kanu.
(b) Father Peters.
(c) Father Doherty.
(d) Colonel Wren.
6. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
(a) There is no sugar in the entire country.
(b) They have woken him up.
(c) He hasn't had sugar since he left Europe.
(d) People are dying in the war.
7. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) The Sacrificial Egg.
(b) Girls at War.
(c) The Vengeful Creditor.
(d) The School Master.
8. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A judge.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A lawyer.
9. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They have all been draughted into the army.
(b) They have all emigrated.
(c) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(d) They are all on a training day.
10. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) Leave the House.
(b) Writing Life.
(c) Girl's at War.
(d) Sugar Baby.
11. Which country owns Sao Tome?
12. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A stick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A cigarette.
13. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
14. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The Nigerian jungle.
(b) The sun.
(c) The Niger River.
(d) The moon.
15. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He wrote her a nasty message.
(b) He refused to take her to the club.
(c) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(d) He forgot to phone her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
2. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
3. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
4. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
5. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)