|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He is educated.
(b) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
(c) He knows everybody in the town.
(d) His father is an influential person in the area.
2. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
(b) Father Doherty's.
3. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) The School Master.
(b) Girls at War.
(c) The Vengeful Creditor.
(d) The Sacrificial Egg.
4. What do girls call the new style of hair plait?
(a) Air force one.
(b) The general.
(c) Air force base.
5. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He cooks well.
(b) He laughs at her jokes.
(c) He enjoys life.
(d) He sings in the church choir.
6. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He wrote her a nasty message.
(b) He refused to take her to the club.
(c) He forgot to phone her.
(d) He bought her the wrong toaster.
7. What did Ben's father say a true son knows how to do?
(a) Sleep and keep one eye open.
(b) Stay awake until everyone falls asleep.
(c) Look after his women.
(d) Look after his children.
8. What is the name of the child Vero look after?
9. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) Oliver Twists.
(b) Pip Larkins.
(c) Edward Scissorhands.
(d) David Copperfields.
10. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count C.
(b) Count B.
(d) Laugh in your face.
11. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
(a) Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
(b) Wake up and smell the coffee.
(c) Blind as a bat.
(d) A penny for your thoughts.
12. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
(a) Road blocks.
(b) Cavity searches.
(c) Bank jobs.
(d) X-ray searches.
13. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
14. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
15. What club do all progressive African men join?
(a) The Nigeria Club.
(b) The European Club.
(c) The Christian Club.
(d) The African Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
2. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
3. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
4. What is the title of the story in this section?
5. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)