|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
2. What does Michael recommend the old priest do?
(a) Construct another path.
(b) Contact his lawyers.
(c) Bury his ancestors deeper in the ground.
(d) Find a new religion.
3. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(a) Roman Catholic.
4. What does Cletus crave?
5. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They will have fresher ideas.
(b) They will be more ready to listen.
(c) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(d) They will focus all their energies on their work.
6. What did Ben's father say a true son knows how to do?
(a) Look after his women.
(b) Sleep and keep one eye open.
(c) Look after his children.
(d) Stay awake until everyone falls asleep.
7. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
(a) Beetroot Ben.
(b) Biker Ben.
(c) Jolly Ben.
(d) Taxi Beni.
8. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He is educated.
(b) His father is an influential person in the area.
(c) He knows everybody in the town.
(d) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
9. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
(a) They have woken him up.
(b) He hasn't had sugar since he left Europe.
(c) People are dying in the war.
(d) There is no sugar in the entire country.
10. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
(c) The New Age.
(d) The Mirror.
11. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
(a) Thank you come again.
(b) You are a valued customer.
(c) Have a nice day.
(d) Best wishes.
12. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A skull.
13. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count B.
(b) Count C.
(c) Laugh in your face.
14. Which minister is the best at debating?
(a) The foreign minister.
(b) The education minister.
(c) The transport minister.
(d) The finance minister.
15. What club do all progressive African men join?
(a) The African Club.
(b) The Nigeria Club.
(c) The Christian Club.
(d) The European Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
2. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
3. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
4. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
5. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)