|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tickle me.
(b) Tell a joke.
(c) Carry me.
(d) Play with me.
2. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A stick.
(d) A receipt.
3. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
(a) Thank you come again.
(b) You are a valued customer.
(c) Have a nice day.
(d) Best wishes.
4. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He cooks well.
(b) He enjoys life.
(c) He sings in the church choir.
(d) He laughs at her jokes.
5. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
(a) The airplane.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
6. What does Cletus crave?
7. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They feared going bankrupt.
(b) The country had declared war.
(c) Not enough people were going to school.
(d) They needed boys for the army.
8. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He gives him brandy.
(c) He pours cold water onto him.
(d) He screams in his ear.
9. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Going clothes shopping.
10. What sports did Ben play at his club?
(a) Squash and ping pong.
(b) Tennis and billiards.
(c) Cricket and rugby.
(d) Soccer and croquet.
11. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
(a) To read.
(b) To say no.
(c) To find a hobby.
(d) To stay at home.
12. What does Julius step on?
(a) A bird's nest.
(b) A skull.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An egg.
13. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
(a) X-ray searches.
(b) Bank jobs.
(c) Road blocks.
(d) Cavity searches.
14. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
(a) The back of a cave.
(b) A cooking pot.
(c) The night sky.
(d) A black board.
15. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
2. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
3. What does Vero put on her lips?
4. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
5. What kind of car does Mrs. Emenike own?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)