|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
2. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
(a) A spiritual upheavel.
(b) A tribal-war situation.
(c) A civil argument.
(d) A heathen argument.
3. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
(b) Red ink.
4. What does the author say the voice rose high and clear in the sky like?
(a) An electric train.
(b) A flaming sword.
(c) A fork of lightning.
(d) A writer's pen.
5. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They have all emigrated.
(b) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(c) They have all been draughted into the army.
(d) They are all on a training day.
6. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
(b) Deputy head.
7. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
8. What did Ben's father say a true son knows how to do?
(a) Sleep and keep one eye open.
(b) Look after his children.
(c) Stay awake until everyone falls asleep.
(d) Look after his women.
9. What does Vero put on her lips?
(a) Red ink.
(c) Nivea cream.
(d) Blue ink.
10. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
(a) They have woken him up.
(b) He hasn't had sugar since he left Europe.
(c) There is no sugar in the entire country.
(d) People are dying in the war.
11. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(b) Bad taste.
(c) Ill discipline.
12. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
13. What does Cletus crave?
14. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A delivery service.
(b) A tourist rental bike.
(c) A museum piece.
(d) A taxi service.
15. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the second time they met?
(a) In a mall.
(b) In acting class.
(c) At a checkpoint.
(d) In a car park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben tell the woman he will strike if she doesn't tell him who she is?
2. Which minister is the best at debating?
3. What is the name of the child Vero look after?
4. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
5. What does Vero make up a song about?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)