|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do girls call the new style of hair plait?
(a) Air force one.
(b) The general.
(c) Air force base.
2. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count B.
(b) Laugh in your face.
(c) Count C.
3. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The Niger River.
(b) The Nigerian jungle.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
4. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(a) Little Madame.
(b) Little Woman.
5. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
(a) To read.
(b) To find a hobby.
(c) To stay at home.
(d) To say no.
6. What does Ben tell the woman he will strike if she doesn't tell him who she is?
(a) The light switch.
(b) The door.
(c) Her legs.
(d) The matches.
7. What is the name of the child Vero look after?
8. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(b) He wrote her a nasty message.
(c) He refused to take her to the club.
(d) He forgot to phone her.
9. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Free primary.
(b) Working people.
(d) Community spirit.
10. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(b) They will focus all their energies on their work.
(c) They will have fresher ideas.
(d) They will be more ready to listen.
11. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
12. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Fool's gold.
(b) Looter's revenge.
(c) Happy survival.
(d) His choice.
13. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
(a) A tennis club.
(b) A social club.
(c) A bordello.
(d) An enlistment center.
14. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He sings in the church choir.
(b) He cooks well.
(c) He enjoys life.
(d) He laughs at her jokes.
15. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A knife.
(b) A stick.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A receipt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
2. What sports did Ben play at his club?
3. What was Jonathan's job at the Coal Corporation?
4. What are Goddy's favorite words?
5. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)