|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tickle me.
(b) Play with me.
(c) Carry me.
(d) Tell a joke.
2. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Community spirit.
(c) Free primary.
(d) Working people.
3. Which country owns Sao Tome?
4. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
(a) A heathen argument.
(b) A civil argument.
(c) A spiritual upheavel.
(d) A tribal-war situation.
5. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A knife.
(d) A stick.
6. What does Michael's wife imagine herself as?
(a) Queen of the school.
(b) Princess of the town.
(c) The school's nurse.
(d) The schoool's social worker.
7. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A log.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
8. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
9. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
(a) A judge.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A bishop.
10. What is the name of the island Mike travels to?
(a) Penny Island.
(b) Zoot Island.
(c) Sao Tome.
(d) The Isle of Dogs.
11. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He forgot to phone her.
(b) He wrote her a nasty message.
(c) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(d) He refused to take her to the club.
12. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A skull.
13. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
14. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He knows everybody in the town.
(b) He is educated.
(c) His father is an influential person in the area.
(d) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
15. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
(c) Second hand things.
(d) Brand new things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
2. What does the author say the voice rose high and clear in the sky like?
3. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
4. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
5. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)