|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He knows everybody in the town.
(b) His father is an influential person in the area.
(c) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
(d) He is educated.
2. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) A house.
3. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) Father Peters.
(b) General Kanu.
(c) Colonel Wren.
(d) Father Doherty.
4. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
5. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
6. What does Vero put on her lips?
(b) Blue ink.
(c) Red ink.
(d) Nivea cream.
7. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
(a) Thank you come again.
(b) You are a valued customer.
(c) Have a nice day.
(d) Best wishes.
8. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
(a) A penny for your thoughts.
(b) Blind as a bat.
(c) Wake up and smell the coffee.
(d) Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
9. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A judge.
10. Which of the following people use the path?
(b) New born children.
(c) New age travelers.
11. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
(b) Red ink.
12. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
(a) She dropped the sugar on the floor.
(b) She gave sugar to her dog.
(c) She cursed him.
(d) She took a handful of sugar.
13. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Nigerian jungle.
(c) The sun.
(d) The Niger River.
14. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They needed boys for the army.
(b) The country had declared war.
(c) They feared going bankrupt.
(d) Not enough people were going to school.
15. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
(a) Love medicine.
(b) Hate medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
2. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the first time they met?
3. What is the name of the island Mike travels to?
4. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
5. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)