|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island Mike travels to?
(a) Sao Tome.
(b) The Isle of Dogs.
(c) Penny Island.
(d) Zoot Island.
2. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
(a) Thank you come again.
(b) Best wishes.
(c) Have a nice day.
(d) You are a valued customer.
3. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count C.
(b) Count B.
(d) Laugh in your face.
4. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They feared going bankrupt.
(b) The country had declared war.
(c) Not enough people were going to school.
(d) They needed boys for the army.
5. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(a) Roman Catholic.
6. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(c) Bad taste.
(d) Ill discipline.
7. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
(a) Taxi service.
(b) A white man's gift.
(c) Military action.
8. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) Father Peters.
(b) Colonel Wren.
(c) Father Doherty.
(d) General Kanu.
9. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
(a) Bank jobs.
(b) X-ray searches.
(c) Road blocks.
(d) Cavity searches.
10. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
(a) A black board.
(b) A cooking pot.
(c) The night sky.
(d) The back of a cave.
11. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
(a) Love medicine.
(d) Hate medicine.
12. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Play with me.
(c) Carry me.
(d) Tickle me.
13. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(a) A house.
(d) Palm wine.
14. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(b) Little Woman.
(d) Little Madame.
15. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
(b) He knows everybody in the town.
(c) His father is an influential person in the area.
(d) He is educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
2. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
3. What does Julius step on?
4. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
5. What do girls call the new style of hair plait?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)