|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the voice rose high and clear in the sky like?
(a) A fork of lightning.
(b) A writer's pen.
(c) A flaming sword.
(d) An electric train.
2. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(b) A house.
(c) Palm wine.
3. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They will focus all their energies on their work.
(b) They will be more ready to listen.
(c) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(d) They will have fresher ideas.
4. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
(a) Father Doherty's.
5. What do girls call the new style of hair plait?
(b) Air force one.
(c) The general.
(d) Air force base.
6. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
(a) The Mirror.
(c) The New Age.
7. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
(b) Second hand things.
(c) Brand new things.
8. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Going clothes shopping.
(d) Watching television.
9. What does Michael's wife imagine herself as?
(a) The schoool's social worker.
(b) Princess of the town.
(c) The school's nurse.
(d) Queen of the school.
10. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Working people.
(b) Community spirit.
(c) Free primary.
11. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the second time they met?
(a) In a car park.
(b) In acting class.
(c) In a mall.
(d) At a checkpoint.
12. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
(a) Wake up and smell the coffee.
(b) Blind as a bat.
(c) A penny for your thoughts.
(d) Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
13. What does Julius step on?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A skull.
(c) An egg.
(d) A bird's nest.
14. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(a) Little Woman.
(c) Little Madame.
15. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Laugh in your face.
(c) Count B.
(d) Count C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
2. Which country owns Sao Tome?
3. What kind of car does Mrs. Emenike own?
4. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
5. What is the title of the story in this section?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)