|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country owns Sao Tome?
2. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) Not enough people were going to school.
(b) They feared going bankrupt.
(c) They needed boys for the army.
(d) The country had declared war.
3. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) Oliver Twists.
(b) Pip Larkins.
(c) David Copperfields.
(d) Edward Scissorhands.
4. What does the author say the voice rose high and clear in the sky like?
(a) A fork of lightning.
(b) A writer's pen.
(c) A flaming sword.
(d) An electric train.
5. What kind of car does Mrs. Emenike own?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Volkswagon.
6. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
(c) Father Doherty's.
7. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count C.
(c) Count B.
(d) Laugh in your face.
8. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Niger River.
(c) The Nigerian jungle.
(d) The sun.
9. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A tourist rental bike.
(b) A museum piece.
(c) A taxi service.
(d) A delivery service.
10. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He laughs at her jokes.
(b) He sings in the church choir.
(c) He cooks well.
(d) He enjoys life.
11. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Going clothes shopping.
(b) Making tea.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Watching television.
12. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The airplane.
13. What club do all progressive African men join?
(a) The African Club.
(b) The European Club.
(c) The Nigeria Club.
(d) The Christian Club.
14. Which of the following people use the path?
(b) New born children.
(c) New age travelers.
15. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A knife.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Goddy's favorite words?
2. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
3. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
4. What does Michael's wife imagine herself as?
5. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)