|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
(a) A heathen argument.
(b) A spiritual upheavel.
(c) A tribal-war situation.
(d) A civil argument.
2. What does Vero make up a song about?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Going clothes shopping.
(d) Going to school.
3. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A skull.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A mouse.
4. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Community spirit.
(b) Working people.
(c) Free primary.
5. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
6. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A delivery service.
(b) A tourist rental bike.
(c) A taxi service.
(d) A museum piece.
7. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A bishop.
8. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the second time they met?
(a) At a checkpoint.
(b) In a car park.
(c) In acting class.
(d) In a mall.
9. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They needed boys for the army.
(b) They feared going bankrupt.
(c) Not enough people were going to school.
(d) The country had declared war.
10. Which minister is the best at debating?
(a) The finance minister.
(b) The foreign minister.
(c) The education minister.
(d) The transport minister.
11. What does Ben tell the woman he will strike if she doesn't tell him who she is?
(a) Her legs.
(b) The light switch.
(c) The matches.
(d) The door.
12. What did Ben's father say a true son knows how to do?
(a) Look after his women.
(b) Stay awake until everyone falls asleep.
(c) Look after his children.
(d) Sleep and keep one eye open.
13. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A cat.
(d) A log.
14. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
15. Which of the following people use the path?
(a) New born children.
(c) New age travelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the story in this section?
2. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
3. What kind of pill does the priest give Mike?
4. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
5. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)