|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julius step on?
(a) A bird's nest.
(b) An egg.
(c) A skull.
(d) A mouse.
2. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) The country had declared war.
(b) Not enough people were going to school.
(c) They feared going bankrupt.
(d) They needed boys for the army.
3. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
(a) You are a valued customer.
(b) Best wishes.
(c) Have a nice day.
(d) Thank you come again.
4. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
(a) A dog.
(b) A log.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A cat.
5. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Looter's revenge.
(b) Happy survival.
(c) Fool's gold.
(d) His choice.
6. Which country owns Sao Tome?
7. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
8. What does Jonathan buy with the family earnings?
(a) A house.
(d) Palm wine.
9. Who do Mike and Cletus see to try and obtain sugar?
(a) Father Doherty.
(b) Father Peters.
(c) Colonel Wren.
(d) General Kanu.
10. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(a) Little Madame.
(c) Little Woman.
11. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
(a) She dropped the sugar on the floor.
(b) She gave sugar to her dog.
(c) She took a handful of sugar.
(d) She cursed him.
12. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(c) Ill discipline.
(d) Bad taste.
13. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
14. What does Reginald intellectually approve of?
(a) X-ray searches.
(b) Cavity searches.
(c) Bank jobs.
(d) Road blocks.
15. What club do all progressive African men join?
(a) The Nigeria Club.
(b) The African Club.
(c) The Christian Club.
(d) The European Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say your pocket always is on new year?
2. What kind of pill does the priest give Mike?
3. What do girls call the new style of hair plait?
4. What is the title of the story in this section?
5. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)