|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
(a) Election campaigning.
(b) Translating English.
(c) Writing novels.
2. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
(a) A scary face.
(b) A smirk.
(c) A scowl.
(d) A straight face.
3. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(a) The People's Alliance Party.
(b) The African National Congress.
(c) Great Britain.
4. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) In his shed.
(b) Behind the toilets.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Under a cassia tree.
5. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) European beer.
(c) Rose water.
6. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) Ten Green Bottles.
(b) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(c) Oranges and Lemons.
(d) English Country Garden.
7. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His father.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) His mother.
8. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
(a) Purple ink.
(c) Red ink.
9. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
(a) He cuts it in half and sends back the half with Nene.
(b) He tears it up in pieces and sends it back.
(c) He burns it and sends Nnaemeka the ashes.
(d) He goes over the whole picture with a black pen.
10. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
(a) They cooked heathen food.
(b) They offered food to idols.
(c) They cooked only traditional food.
(d) They had no pictures of Jesus adorning their walls.
11. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He votes for the third party.
(b) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(c) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(d) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
12. Why does it amuse Akueke to see her grandfather drink?
(a) He always makes slurping noises.
(b) It drios from his beard.
(c) It comes back out through his nose.
(d) It stains his lips.
13. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
14. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A tool maker.
(b) A bicycle repairman.
(c) A car mechanic.
(d) A lawyer.
15. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
(a) Playing pool.
(c) Playing soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
2. Where does Nwibe wash himself?
3. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
4. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
5. What is the title of the second story in this section?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)