|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okeke hum to himself?
(a) A folk song.
(b) A hymn.
(c) A pop song.
(d) A limerick.
2. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(b) European beer.
(c) Rose water.
(d) Palm wine.
3. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A gospel choir.
(b) Spanish guitarists.
(c) A high life band.
(d) A dancing troupe.
4. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
5. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He votes for the third party.
(b) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(c) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(d) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
6. What two words found their way into Chike's song?
(a) Periwinkles and Damascus.
(b) Constellation and conducive.
(c) Superstitious and camoflage.
(d) Periscope and energy.
7. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
(a) She was taken by Ani.
(b) She found her way back to another village.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She was eaten by wild animals.
8. What does Nene do for a job?
(a) A judge.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A sport coach.
9. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
(b) Their mother.
(d) Their father.
10. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(b) Oranges and Lemons.
(c) Ten Green Bottles.
(d) English Country Garden.
11. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
(a) By canoe.
(b) By car.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By ship.
12. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
(c) Purple ink.
(d) Red ink.
13. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) In his shed.
(b) Under a cassia tree.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Behind the toilets.
14. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A shop.
15. What does the madman wrap around his waist?
(a) A belt.
(b) A tie.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rufus so popular?
2. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
3. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
4. What river does Juilus' office overlook?
5. What took the form of a handsome man in order to destroy Onwuero?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)