|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) English Country Garden.
(b) Ten Green Bottles.
(c) Oranges and Lemons.
(d) A Pocket Full of Posies.
2. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
3. What took the form of a handsome man in order to destroy Onwuero?
(a) Five cats.
(b) Two dogs.
(c) Three fishes.
(d) Six lizards.
4. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
5. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
(a) The Witch Doctor.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The Special One.
(d) The Diviner.
6. What kind of village did Julius come from?
(a) A bush village.
(b) A river village.
(c) A forest village.
(d) A lake village.
7. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
(a) He goes over the whole picture with a black pen.
(b) He burns it and sends Nnaemeka the ashes.
(c) He tears it up in pieces and sends it back.
(d) He cuts it in half and sends back the half with Nene.
8. What two words found their way into Chike's song?
(a) Periwinkles and Damascus.
(b) Periscope and energy.
(c) Superstitious and camoflage.
(d) Constellation and conducive.
9. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They will break down social structures.
(b) They will rise against their fathers.
(c) They fly the roost.
(d) They will lead to temptation.
10. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(b) Minister of Culture.
(c) Foreign Secretary.
(d) Minister of Sport.
11. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Bean cakes.
(b) Sponge cakes.
(c) Toffee cakes.
(d) Coffee cakes.
12. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A puff adder.
(b) A boa-constricter.
(c) A python.
(d) A brown snake.
13. Where did the wizards live in the story Chike liked to read?
(c) South America.
14. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A gospel choir.
(b) Spanish guitarists.
(c) A high life band.
(d) A dancing troupe.
15. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Move the soup pot.
(b) Send it out of the house.
(c) Cover the soup pot.
(d) Give it food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
2. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
3. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
4. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
5. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)