|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rival party to PAP?
2. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
(a) A social disease.
(b) A rattle disease.
(c) A swelling disease.
(d) A spot disease.
3. What river does Juilus' office overlook?
(a) The Niger.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Amazon.
(d) The Seine.
4. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
5. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
(a) They will get extra social benefits.
(b) He is their first child born without a disfigurement.
(c) He is their first son.
(d) They thought they couldn't have children.
6. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
(a) She is the image of his mother.
(b) She is the most beautiful girl in the town.
(c) She is the most intelligent girl in the town.
(d) She is always happy.
7. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(b) Minister of Culture.
(c) Minister of Sport.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
8. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
(a) The Magician.
(b) The Diviner.
(c) The Special One.
(d) The Witch Doctor.
9. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
10. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Behind the toilets.
(c) In his shed.
(d) Under a cassia tree.
11. What is the name of Chike's mother?
12. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) She is unfaithful.
(b) He wants to move to England.
(c) She has no money.
(d) He doesn't love her.
13. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A puff adder.
(b) A python.
(c) A brown snake.
(d) A boa-constricter.
14. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
(a) A stick.
(b) A dog whistle.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A bell.
15. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people avoid talking to Nnameka's father about his son?
2. What has Ibe installed a private plant to supply to his house?
3. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
4. In the Sacrificial Egg, what is the name of the market place?
5. What does the Diviner say Elizabeth's ancestors must be appeased with?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)