|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
(a) They offered food to idols.
(b) They cooked heathen food.
(c) They had no pictures of Jesus adorning their walls.
(d) They cooked only traditional food.
2. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
(a) A bell.
(b) A stick.
(c) A dog whistle.
(d) An alarm.
3. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
(a) A screaming campaign.
(b) A whispering campaign.
(c) A hate campaign.
(d) A fun campaign.
4. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
5. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
6. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
(a) A social disease.
(b) A spot disease.
(c) A swelling disease.
(d) A rattle disease.
7. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Sport class.
(b) Religious class.
(c) Drama class.
(d) English class.
8. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) English Country Garden.
(b) Ten Green Bottles.
(c) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(d) Oranges and Lemons.
9. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Sport.
(c) Foreign Secretary.
(d) Minister of Culture.
10. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(b) Rose water.
(c) Palm wine.
(d) European beer.
11. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By canoe.
(c) By ship.
(d) By car.
12. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sisters.
13. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their grandfather.
14. What river does Juilus' office overlook?
(a) The Seine.
(b) The Amazon.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Niger.
15. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
(a) He burns it and sends Nnaemeka the ashes.
(b) He goes over the whole picture with a black pen.
(c) He cuts it in half and sends back the half with Nene.
(d) He tears it up in pieces and sends it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
2. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
3. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
4. What is the name of Chike's mother?
5. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)