|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) She is unfaithful.
(b) He doesn't love her.
(c) He wants to move to England.
(d) She has no money.
4. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
5. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
(b) Red ink.
(c) Purple ink.
6. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A shop.
(d) A farm.
8. In the Sacrificial Egg, what is the name of the market place?
9. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
10. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He votes for the third party.
(b) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(c) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(d) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
11. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
(a) They will get extra social benefits.
(b) He is their first child born without a disfigurement.
(c) He is their first son.
(d) They thought they couldn't have children.
12. What river does Juilus' office overlook?
(a) The Niger.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Amazon.
(d) The Seine.
13. What does Okeke hum to himself?
(a) A pop song.
(b) A limerick.
(c) A folk song.
(d) A hymn.
14. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
15. Why do the people of the village think Marcus Ibe entered politics?
(a) To create connections.
(b) To avoid being dismissed from his job as a teacher.
(c) To escape imprisonment.
(d) To fund his business interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
2. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
3. What is the name of Chike's mother?
4. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
5. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)