|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
2. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
(a) She is the most intelligent girl in the town.
(b) She is the most beautiful girl in the town.
(c) She is always happy.
(d) She is the image of his mother.
3. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Election campaigning.
(d) Translating English.
4. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A shop.
(d) A farm.
5. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
(a) They offered food to idols.
(b) They had no pictures of Jesus adorning their walls.
(c) They cooked only traditional food.
(d) They cooked heathen food.
6. What marks a change in seasons?
(a) Wind and rain.
(b) Sunny spells.
(c) Gloomy clouds.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
7. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
(a) She was taken by Ani.
(b) She found her way back to another village.
(c) She was eaten by wild animals.
(d) She was kidnapped.
8. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Give it food.
(b) Move the soup pot.
(c) Send it out of the house.
(d) Cover the soup pot.
9. What kind of village did Julius come from?
(a) A river village.
(b) A lake village.
(c) A bush village.
(d) A forest village.
10. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
(a) Urinated on her bed.
(b) Bit her baby.
(c) Chewed her favorite dress.
(d) Put its mouth in her soup-pot.
11. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
12. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
13. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A tool maker.
(c) A bicycle repairman.
(d) A car mechanic.
14. Where in the past was an Osu always buried?
(a) The bad bush.
(b) The lake.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
15. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
(a) They will become rich.
(b) They will own their own.
(c) They will ride in it.
(d) They will go to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the madman wrap around his waist?
2. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
3. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
4. What does Nene do for a job?
5. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)