|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They will break down social structures.
(b) They fly the roost.
(c) They will rise against their fathers.
(d) They will lead to temptation.
2. What does one of Chike's neighbors offer him to eat?
(a) An avocado.
(b) A yam.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A squash.
3. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brothers.
4. Complete the following saying "Procrastination is a lazy man's..."
5. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
(a) Cardboard boxes.
6. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
(a) A bell.
(b) A dog whistle.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A stick.
7. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
8. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
9. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
10. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
11. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) Under a cassia tree.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In his shed.
(d) Behind the toilets.
12. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Sport.
(b) Minister of Culture.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
13. What is the title of the second story in this section?
14. What does the policeman search Rufus for?
(b) Dangerous weapons.
(c) Illegal ballot papers.
15. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
(a) Playing pool.
(c) Playing soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
2. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
3. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
4. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
5. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)