|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okeke hum to himself?
(a) A folk song.
(b) A pop song.
(c) A limerick.
(d) A hymn.
2. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Their mother.
3. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A dancing troupe.
(b) A gospel choir.
(c) Spanish guitarists.
(d) A high life band.
4. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
(a) They will go to heaven.
(b) They will own their own.
(c) They will become rich.
(d) They will ride in it.
5. What is the name of Chike's father?
6. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
7. What is the name of Chike's mother?
8. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
(a) Mr. Brown.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(c) Mr. Peters.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
9. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(b) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(c) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
(d) He votes for the third party.
10. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) Oranges and Lemons.
(b) English Country Garden.
(c) Ten Green Bottles.
(d) A Pocket Full of Posies.
11. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
(a) Afo and Eke.
(b) Ogli and Keke.
(c) Kike and Lumar.
(d) Tee and Gonad.
12. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
13. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
(a) A rattle disease.
(b) A spot disease.
(c) A swelling disease.
(d) A social disease.
14. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
(a) By canoe.
(b) By car.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By ship.
15. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
2. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
3. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
4. What kind of village did Julius come from?
5. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)