|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
2. Why do the people of the village think Marcus Ibe entered politics?
(a) To create connections.
(b) To avoid being dismissed from his job as a teacher.
(c) To escape imprisonment.
(d) To fund his business interests.
3. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His lawyer.
4. What does Okeke hum to himself?
(a) A pop song.
(b) A folk song.
(c) A hymn.
(d) A limerick.
5. What is the name of Chike's father?
6. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
7. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(a) The African National Congress.
(b) Great Britain.
(c) The People's Alliance Party.
8. Where in the past was an Osu always buried?
(a) The forest.
(b) The lake.
(c) The bad bush.
(d) The river.
9. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A brown snake.
(b) A boa-constricter.
(c) A python.
(d) A puff adder.
10. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Coffee cakes.
(b) Toffee cakes.
(c) Bean cakes.
(d) Sponge cakes.
11. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(b) Rose water.
(c) European beer.
(d) Palm wine.
12. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
(a) Mr. Peters.
(b) Mr. Brown.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
13. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Religious class.
(b) Drama class.
(c) English class.
(d) Sport class.
14. What does the madman wrap around his waist?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A belt.
(c) A cloth.
(d) A tie.
15. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) He doesn't love her.
(b) She is unfaithful.
(c) He wants to move to England.
(d) She has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
2. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
3. What took the form of a handsome man in order to destroy Onwuero?
4. What is the name of the city Nena has lived in all her life?
5. Complete the following saying "Procrastination is a lazy man's..."
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)