|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A car mechanic.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A bicycle repairman.
(d) A tool maker.
2. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
(a) The Archbishop.
(d) The President.
3. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Religious class.
(b) Sport class.
(c) Drama class.
(d) English class.
4. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
(d) Cardboard boxes.
5. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
(a) Kike and Lumar.
(b) Afo and Eke.
(c) Ogli and Keke.
(d) Tee and Gonad.
6. What does one of Chike's neighbors offer him to eat?
(a) A squash.
(b) An avocado.
(c) A yam.
(d) A chicken.
7. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Playing pool.
8. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Culture.
(b) Minister of Sport.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
9. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
(a) He spent more time with his family.
(b) He became quiet and withdrawn.
(c) He treated his wives better.
(d) He became kinder to strangers.
10. Why do the people of the village think Marcus Ibe entered politics?
(a) To avoid being dismissed from his job as a teacher.
(b) To escape imprisonment.
(c) To create connections.
(d) To fund his business interests.
11. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) Spanish guitarists.
(b) A high life band.
(c) A gospel choir.
(d) A dancing troupe.
12. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A boa-constricter.
(b) A puff adder.
(c) A brown snake.
(d) A python.
13. What marks a change in seasons?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) Sunny spells.
(c) Gloomy clouds.
(d) Wind and rain.
14. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
15. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
(a) They will become rich.
(b) They will go to heaven.
(c) They will own their own.
(d) They will ride in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
2. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
3. Why do people avoid talking to Nnameka's father about his son?
4. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
5. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)