|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Toffee cakes.
(b) Coffee cakes.
(c) Bean cakes.
(d) Sponge cakes.
2. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Sport class.
(b) Drama class.
(c) English class.
(d) Religious class.
3. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
(a) A smirk.
(b) A scowl.
(c) A straight face.
(d) A scary face.
4. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
(a) They will go to heaven.
(b) They will become rich.
(c) They will ride in it.
(d) They will own their own.
5. Where in the past was an Osu always buried?
(a) The bad bush.
(b) The forest.
(c) The river.
(d) The lake.
6. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
(a) Urinated on her bed.
(b) Put its mouth in her soup-pot.
(c) Bit her baby.
(d) Chewed her favorite dress.
7. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Her brothers.
8. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Sport.
(b) Minister of Culture.
(c) Foreign Secretary.
9. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) The African National Congress.
(d) The People's Alliance Party.
10. Where does Nnaemeka's father like to read his bible?
(a) Under a cassia tree.
(b) Behind the toilets.
(c) In his shed.
(d) On the beach.
11. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
(a) Give it food.
(b) Cover the soup pot.
(c) Move the soup pot.
(d) Send it out of the house.
12. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
13. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
14. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A dancing troupe.
(b) A high life band.
(c) Spanish guitarists.
(d) A gospel choir.
15. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
2. What is the name of Chike's mother?
3. What is the title of the second story in this section?
4. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
5. What is the name of Chike's father?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)