|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
(a) Mrs. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Brown.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Peters.
2. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A tool maker.
(d) A bicycle repairman.
3. What does the madman wrap around his waist?
(a) A tie.
(b) A cloth.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A belt.
4. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A puff adder.
(b) A brown snake.
(c) A boa-constricter.
(d) A python.
5. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A high life band.
(b) A dancing troupe.
(c) Spanish guitarists.
(d) A gospel choir.
6. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
(a) A whispering campaign.
(b) A fun campaign.
(c) A screaming campaign.
(d) A hate campaign.
7. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) His doctor.
8. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Culture.
(b) Minister of Sport.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
9. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
(a) English Country Garden.
(b) Ten Green Bottles.
(c) A Pocket Full of Posies.
(d) Oranges and Lemons.
10. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) He wants to move to England.
(b) She has no money.
(c) He doesn't love her.
(d) She is unfaithful.
11. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
(a) She is the most beautiful girl in the town.
(b) She is the most intelligent girl in the town.
(c) She is the image of his mother.
(d) She is always happy.
12. What is the title of the second story in this section?
13. What two words found their way into Chike's song?
(a) Constellation and conducive.
(b) Superstitious and camoflage.
(c) Periwinkles and Damascus.
(d) Periscope and energy.
14. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
15. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
(a) A bell.
(b) A dog whistle.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks after Akueke?
2. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
3. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
4. Where does Nwibe wash himself?
5. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)