|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city Nena has lived in all her life?
2. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
(b) Red ink.
(d) Purple ink.
3. For what reason does Nnaemeka give his father for not wanting to marry Ugoye?
(a) He wants to move to England.
(b) He doesn't love her.
(c) She is unfaithful.
(d) She has no money.
4. What does one of Chike's neighbors offer him to eat?
(a) An avocado.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A yam.
(d) A squash.
5. What class did Chike develop a hatred for?
6. What do Akueke's potential suitors buy for her brothers in a quest for her hand?
(a) Palm wine.
(c) European beer.
(d) Rose water.
7. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
(a) They cooked heathen food.
(b) They offered food to idols.
(c) They cooked only traditional food.
(d) They had no pictures of Jesus adorning their walls.
8. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
(a) She is the image of his mother.
(b) She is the most beautiful girl in the town.
(c) She is always happy.
(d) She is the most intelligent girl in the town.
9. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
10. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
(a) A hate campaign.
(b) A fun campaign.
(c) A whispering campaign.
(d) A screaming campaign.
11. Why does it amuse Akueke to see her grandfather drink?
(a) It drios from his beard.
(b) It comes back out through his nose.
(c) He always makes slurping noises.
(d) It stains his lips.
12. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
(a) They thought they couldn't have children.
(b) They will get extra social benefits.
(c) He is their first child born without a disfigurement.
(d) He is their first son.
13. In the Sacrificial Egg, what is the name of the market place?
14. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
15. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
(a) He goes over the whole picture with a black pen.
(b) He burns it and sends Nnaemeka the ashes.
(c) He cuts it in half and sends back the half with Nene.
(d) He tears it up in pieces and sends it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
2. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
3. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
4. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
5. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)