|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
(a) Religious class.
(b) Sport class.
(c) English class.
(d) Drama class.
2. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
(a) Sponge cakes.
(b) Bean cakes.
(c) Toffee cakes.
(d) Coffee cakes.
3. What is the title of the second story in this section?
4. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
(a) A brown snake.
(b) A python.
(c) A boa-constricter.
(d) A puff adder.
5. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
6. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
7. Why is Rufus so popular?
(a) He has not abandoned his village.
(b) He has lots of money.
(c) He never has a bad word to say.
(d) He makes strong decisions.
8. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She was taken by Ani.
(c) She found her way back to another village.
(d) She was eaten by wild animals.
9. Where did the wizards live in the story Chike liked to read?
(c) South America.
10. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
(a) He treated his wives better.
(b) He spent more time with his family.
(c) He became quiet and withdrawn.
(d) He became kinder to strangers.
11. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
12. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He votes for the third party.
(b) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
(c) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
(d) He tells everyone he has his own party.
13. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
(a) A high life band.
(b) A dancing troupe.
(c) A gospel choir.
(d) Spanish guitarists.
14. Who looks after Akueke?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
2. What river does Juilus' office overlook?
3. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
4. Where does Nwibe wash himself?
5. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)