|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
(a) The Magician.
(b) The Special One.
(c) The Witch Doctor.
(d) The Diviner.
2. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
(a) She found her way back to another village.
(b) She was eaten by wild animals.
(c) She was taken by Ani.
(d) She was kidnapped.
3. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
4. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
(a) Minister of Culture.
(b) Foreign Secretary.
(d) Minister of Sport.
5. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
6. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
(a) He cuts it in half and sends back the half with Nene.
(b) He goes over the whole picture with a black pen.
(c) He burns it and sends Nnaemeka the ashes.
(d) He tears it up in pieces and sends it back.
7. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
(a) Put its mouth in her soup-pot.
(b) Bit her baby.
(c) Chewed her favorite dress.
(d) Urinated on her bed.
8. Complete the following saying "Procrastination is a lazy man's..."
9. Where did the wizards live in the story Chike liked to read?
(c) South America.
10. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
(a) Election campaigning.
(b) Writing novels.
(d) Translating English.
11. What does one elder say the holy book says about sons?
(a) They will rise against their fathers.
(b) They will break down social structures.
(c) They fly the roost.
(d) They will lead to temptation.
12. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
(a) A fun campaign.
(b) A screaming campaign.
(c) A whispering campaign.
(d) A hate campaign.
13. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
(a) He is their first child born without a disfigurement.
(b) They thought they couldn't have children.
(c) They will get extra social benefits.
(d) He is their first son.
14. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
15. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Nena has lived in all her life?
2. Which of Marcus's stalwarts does he ask to vote for him first?
3. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
4. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
5. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)