|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
2. What class did Chike develop a hatred for?
3. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
4. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
5. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
(a) Tee and Gonad.
(b) Kike and Lumar.
(c) Afo and Eke.
(d) Ogli and Keke.
6. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
7. What marks a change in seasons?
(a) Wind and rain.
(b) Sunny spells.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Gloomy clouds.
8. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
(a) By ship.
(b) By bicycle.
(c) By canoe.
(d) By car.
9. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
10. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
(b) Translating English.
(c) Election campaigning.
(d) Writing novels.
11. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
(a) A bicycle repairman.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A tool maker.
12. Where did the wizards live in the story Chike liked to read?
(a) South America.
13. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
(a) A social disease.
(b) A swelling disease.
(c) A rattle disease.
(d) A spot disease.
14. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
(a) A smirk.
(b) A scary face.
(c) A scowl.
(d) A straight face.
15. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
(a) He tells everyone he has his own party.
(b) He admits to Ibe about the bribe.
(c) He votes for the third party.
(d) He tears his ticket in half and votes for both.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
2. What is the name of the tribe Nnaemeka was born into?
3. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
4. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
5. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)