|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the score of the Red Sox game when Trisha falls asleep with her Walkman on?
2. What animal part does Trisha find in the forest right after she sees the hooded figures?
3. Who does the caller suggest Tom Gordon points to instead of to the sky?
4. What color are the flowers in the flower bed that Trisha sees in Chapter 10?
5. What does Trisha use to filter the water she pours into her water bottles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Trisha not run from the God of the Lost?
2. Why does Trisha think sleeping in the truck cab is a bad idea?
3. Explain how Larry gets Trisha baseball cap signed.
4. Why does the imaginary Tom Gordon say he points to the sky?
5. What do Trisha's parents debate about her memorial service?
6. Explain how Travis Herrick finds Trisha?
7. Why does Trisha sing at the end of Chapter 8?
8. Describe the dream Trisha remembers having at the beginning of Chapter 13.
9. Why do the authorities say hope for finding Trisha is fading?
10. Why does Trisha think the God of the Lost decides to leave her alone for the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of Tom Gordon in the novel. What is his purpose? Why is his image Trisha's most faithful companion when she's never even met him? What can he offer to Trisha that her father cannot?
Essay Topic 2
Given Trisha's struggle to find God, what do you think King is saying about believing in God? Does he seem to be promoting it? Use examples from the text to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
What role does Trisha's Walkman play in the novel? What does it represent for her? Do you think it helps her survive?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)