|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the flowers in the flower bed that Trisha sees in Chapter 10?
2. What color is the truck cab?
3. What time of day is it when the rain puddles begin to dry up in Chapter 12?
4. What is the name of the Boston station Trisha settles for when she can't find her normal station?
5. What does Trisha dream that the radio announcers are talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trisha think when she finally looks the God of the Lost in the face?
2. Explain how Travis Herrick finds Trisha?
3. How does Trisha know the God of the Lost is following her?
4. How does Trisha rationalize the appearance of the hooded figures?
5. Why does Trisha think the God of the Lost decides to leave her alone for the night?
6. Describe the conversation Tom Gordon and Trisha have when she finds the post?
7. Why does Trisha sing at the end of Chapter 8?
8. Why does Trisha not run from the God of the Lost?
9. Why does Trisha stop herself from thinking about being rescued?
10. Describe the events leading up to Trisha finding a road in the woods.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given Trisha's struggle to find God, what do you think King is saying about believing in God? Does he seem to be promoting it? Use examples from the text to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Trisha and Pete in the novel. How are they alike, and how are they different? How does each one relate to their parents? How would the novel be different without Pete?
Essay Topic 3
What role do the three hooded figures play in the novel? What does each one represent? Why did they look the way they looked? Why is it important that the Subaudible showed itself rather than sending a messenger?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)