|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the flowers in the flower bed that Trisha sees in Chapter 10?
2. What form does the God of the Lost take?
3. What does Trisha find in the forest that first gives her hope that she might see civilization soon?
4. What day is it when Trisha wakes up to find the pine she was sleeping in had been disturbed?
5. What does Trisha dream that the radio announcers are talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation Tom Gordon and Trisha have when she finds the post?
2. Explain how Larry gets Trisha baseball cap signed.
3. Why does Trisha sing at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Why does Trisha not run from the God of the Lost?
5. What do Trisha's parents debate about her memorial service?
6. Describe the appearance of the God of the Lost.
7. Why does Trisha turn West instead of East while looking for the road?
8. How does Trisha rationalize the appearance of the hooded figures?
9. Describe the dream Trisha remembers having at the beginning of Chapter 13.
10. Why can't Trisha dismiss the God of the Lost as a dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore King's use of baseball as a metaphor for Trisha's journey. Choose three examples of how he forms this metaphor and describe them. Why do you think he structures his novel this way? What purpose does the metaphor serve?
Essay Topic 2
Dreams and hallucinations are used throughout the novel. What purpose do they serve? Why is it important that Trisha often does not know if something is real or imaginary?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Larry and Quilla. Describe their personalities and whether they seem like a good match. Do they seem to still be in love? Explain your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)