|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals have been living in the truck cab?
2. Who does Trisha dream is in an old meadow with her?
3. What part of her poncho does Trisha fish with?
4. What is the name of the farmer who made the fenced trail?
5. What does Trisha ask God if he will be a fan of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Trisha dismiss the God of the Lost as a dream?
2. Describe the conversation Tom Gordon and Trisha have when she finds the post?
3. Why does Trisha not look for more food when she sees that her supply is low?
4. Why does Trisha stop herself from thinking about being rescued?
5. Explain how Larry gets Trisha baseball cap signed.
6. Why does Trisha think sleeping in the truck cab is a bad idea?
7. How does Trisha rationalize the appearance of the hooded figures?
8. Why is Trisha excited to find a post in the woods?
9. Why do the authorities say hope for finding Trisha is fading?
10. What would have happened if Trisha had crossed the marsh at the end of Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore King's use of baseball as a metaphor for Trisha's journey. Choose three examples of how he forms this metaphor and describe them. Why do you think he structures his novel this way? What purpose does the metaphor serve?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the three hooded figures play in the novel? What does each one represent? Why did they look the way they looked? Why is it important that the Subaudible showed itself rather than sending a messenger?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Trisha and Pete in the novel. How are they alike, and how are they different? How does each one relate to their parents? How would the novel be different without Pete?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)