|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Trisha first cry?
2. What does Trisha's father ask her to bring him in his dream?
3. In Trisha's dream, what does the cellar door lead to?
4. By the time she reaches the ferns, Trisha estimates she has walked how far?
5. What does Larry always call Trisha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Quilla tell Trisha about avoiding mosquitoes?
2. Why does Trisha not eat a large clump of fiddleheads that she sees?
3. What happens when Trisha screams out for help for the first time?
4. What does Trisha think about the trail when she walks it with her family?
5. What does Trisha imagine to make herself feel better after she realizes she does not know much about the wilderness?
6. Describe the "thing" that the voice in Trisha's head warns her about.
7. Describe the lunch that Quilla packed for Trisha.
8. How does Larry feel about Tom Gordon?
9. Why do the police begin to look for a man named Mazzerole?
10. Why do Quilla and Pete fight so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the forces of good and evil are at war over Trisha. Describe three instances of the war and explain how each one is significant. Are there times when it looks like evil may prevail?
Essay Topic 2
King makes use of symbols throughout his novel. Choose three instances of symbolism in the novel and explain what each represents and why it is important to the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Larry and Quilla. Describe their personalities and whether they seem like a good match. Do they seem to still be in love? Explain your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)