|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Trisha first cry?
2. What is Trisha's doll named?
3. What kind of vehicles does Quilla drive?
4. What animal does Trisha see while she is in the bog?
5. What does Quilla ask Trisha if she remembered to pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Trisha refuse to drink from the stream at first?
2. Why does Trisha become optimistic about the day that she and her family go on a hike?
3. Describe the lunch that Quilla packed for Trisha.
4. What does Trisha imagine to make herself feel better after she realizes she does not know much about the wilderness?
5. Why does Trisha not eat a large clump of fiddleheads that she sees?
6. Describe the "thing" that the voice in Trisha's head warns her about.
7. How does Larry feel about Tom Gordon?
8. Why does Trisha think there is no chance of her getting lost?
9. Why do Quilla and Pete fight so much?
10. What does Trisha learn from "Little House on the Prairie"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Trisha searches for something to believe in. Describe three instances where she searches for a higher power in some way and explain their relevance to the novel. Why does Trisha have such a desire to believe in something?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the forces of good and evil are at war over Trisha. Describe three instances of the war and explain how each one is significant. Are there times when it looks like evil may prevail?
Essay Topic 3
King makes use of symbols throughout his novel. Choose three instances of symbolism in the novel and explain what each represents and why it is important to the novel.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)